Hometown Quotes Celebrating Hometown Pride
December 27, 2022 7:06 AM EST
Let your pride beam with these hometown quotes.
This collection of hometown sayings reminds us why our hometowns hold a special place in our hearts.
What does your hometown mean to you?
The places we grew up in can hold special meaning for us.
Whether the memories of our hometowns are fond or traumatic, our coming-of-age experiences impact who we become.
Each of us has unique memories of our hometown.
Some of us grew up in one place, while others moved around a lot.
The friends, neighbors, and celebrations we experience make our hometowns unique.
Those who have lived in our hometowns for a long time inevitably see them grow.
Our hometowns are essential aspects of our identity.
Hometowns are vital for the following reasons:
- Hometowns impact our childhood and adult life.
- The places we grew up matter.
- We learn culture in our hometowns.
Our feelings about our hometown can remain the same or change, but our hometowns hold memories that forge us into who we are.
There is a lot of powerful psychology behind the classic “hometown pride” that many of us feel.
Everyone has a “self-concept,” or an inherent idea of who they are.
These concepts are formed based on our experiences and life choices.
Many factors determine our self-concept.
How we see the world, our careers, what we believe others think about us, and the people we become involved with all shape who we think we are.
Our homes and hometowns play a critical part in forming our identity.
Hometowns define us; they impact our psyche, appearance, and world perception.
Check out our hometown quotes below.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of neighbor quotes celebrating the folks next door.
Short hometown quotes
These hometown quotes sum up that hometown spirit in a few words.
1. “It’s always fun to play the hometown.” — Kyle Gass
2. “Nashville is a lot like my hometown.” — Garrett Hedlund
3. “In my hometown, I know everybody.” — Vasyl Lomachenko
4. “I feel very connected to Las Vegas. It’s my hometown.” — Toni Basil
5. “I’ve never been booed in my hometown.” — Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.
6. “I really love my hometown. I carry that with me.” — Madeline Brewer
7. “America is my country and Paris is my hometown.” — Gertrude Stein
8. “The old hometown ties had been pretty much broken.” — John Gould
9. “In my hometown of Chicago, I’m kind of a medium deal.” — Hannibal Buress
10. “I grew up in Los Alamos, New Mexico, which is my hometown.” — Drew Goddard
You will also enjoy our article on community quotes.
Hometown quotes about the place we come from
Here is a collection of hometown quotes that honor where we come from.
11. “Obviously, it’s very exciting to be able to wrestle in my hometown.” — Buddy Murphy
12. “I’m just Stipe. I’m going to keep working in my hometown as long as I can.” — Stipe Miocic
13. “There’s a certain vibe in my hometown; Buffalo is a city that has no illusions.” — John Rzeznik
14. “My hometown, first and foremost, it’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen.” — Joe Harris
15. “Even though Puerto Rico will always be my hometown, I feel Miami is my second home.” — Anuel AA
16. “Sometimes you film in your hometown, sometimes you go halfway across the world.” — Jodelle Ferland
17. “Before I went off to Rutgers, I worked in a comic book shop in my hometown.” — Christopher McCulloch
18. “It’s such a big dream of mine to be singing in front of my friends and family in my hometown.” — Ally Brooke
19. “I’m Japanese, but restaurants in my hometown served the most sanitized versions of California rolls.” — Adrian Tomine
20. “Our attitude is that we want to cross over. You can’t go on making records just for your own hometown.” — Cheryl James
You will also enjoy our article on hood quotes.
Hometown quotes about the memories of where we come from
These quotes help us remember where we come from.
21. “It’s always a little different, racing on your hometown track. It makes it more special.” — Buddy Rice
22. “When I was 9 years old, I started performing around my hometown of San Antonio, Texas.” — Ally Brooke
23. “I’m back in my hometown in Worthington, Minnesota, and I cherish those values and that diction.” — Tim O’Brien
24. “It’s always so nerve-wracking being up there on stage. It’s even harder playing in your hometown.” — Nellie McKay
25. “The stream in my hometown Calgary is the oil and gas industry – that’s the talk you hear on the street.” — Gary Kovacs
26. “I act most like myself… when I’m in my hometown, Santo Domingo. I try to get there about five times a year.” — Junot Diaz
27. “No matter what happens to me and my career in the future, Berlin is always going to be my hometown.” — Alexandra Maria Lara
28. “It’s not necessary to go far and wide. I mean, you can really find exciting and inspiring things within your hometown.” — Daryl Hannah
29. “You never get away from that thing in your hometown that it has over you. You don’t outgrow where you come from.” — Brian Fallon
30. “I have two homes, like someone who leaves their hometown and/or parents and then establishes a life elsewhere.” — Aleksandar Hemon
Inspirational hometown quotes
These hometown quotes honor the idea that our hearts are at home.
31. “I do think of Bombay as my hometown. Those are the streets I walked when I was learning to walk.” — Salman Rushdie
32. “Sometimes, late at night, I even study the real estate ads in my old hometown. But it’s not even a fantasy.” — Susan Estrich
33. “I became a big Kings fan, and then later on my hometown of Ottawa got a team, so then I was very, very torn.” — Matthew Perry
34. “I am fortunate to have the ability to lend my name to build the Cancer and Wellness Center in my hometown of Melbourne.” — Olivia Newton-John
35. “I started dancing at the age of three in my hometown of Toledo, Ohio, and it really was my sister’s dream to pursue dance professionally.” — Alyson Stoner
36. “This is a dream of mine, and to fight Georges St-Pierre in his hometown for the undisputed belt; it’s surreal and an opportunity of a lifetime for me.” — Carlos Condit
37. “Prince was definitely one of the greats. Then ‘Purple Rain’ took on new meaning when I had broken up with my ex and I did a show in his hometown and sang it.” — Adore Delano
38. “I just want my hometown talking about where I’m going – like, ‘He’s killin’ it right now,’ and, ‘I’m so glad he’s doin’ well,’ and I want them to know I’ll always come back, every chance I get.” — Kane Brown
39. “There are two phone calls parents don’t ever want to get from their children. No. 1 is, ‘I’m in prison. Come fetch me.’ And No. 2 is, ‘I’ve written a novel… and it’s set in your hometown.’” — Adriana Trigiani
40. “While in high school, I worked part time at Subway, then at the front desk of the local YMCA, then at a tennis club, until I landed an unpaid internship at ‘The Mountain View Voice,’ my hometown newspaper.” — Jose Antonio Vargas
Hometown quotes from hometown heroes
Here is a collection of quotes from hometown heroes from around the world.
41. “Chicago is my hometown and will always have a special place in my heart.” — Kenneth Choi
42. “I love showcasing my talents – not only to my hometown fans and my own team but to the world.” — LeBron James
43. “Back in my hometown, we love Selena. We all, as a community, celebrate her and adore her. We keep her memory alive.” — Ally Brooke
44. “When I started the Imagination Library in my hometown, I never dreamed that one day we would be helping Scottish kids.” — Dolly Parton
45. “There’s nothing about my hometown that said I’d be working with Fortune 50 CEOs, Olympians, at the highest level.” — Brendon Burchard
46. “I grew up watching my older brother very closely who was a football player and a star in my hometown of Fremont, Ohio.” — Charles Woodson
47. “Being the mayor of your hometown is the best job in America, partly because it’s relatively nonpartisan – we focus on results, not ideology.” — Pete Buttigieg
48. “Like I’m in San Diego today and this is my hometown so I’ve got a lot of my friends coming and I definitely want to put on the best show that I can.” — Matt Cameron
49. “Bauhaus – the epochally influential German art, architecture, crafts, and design school that was founded in Goethe’s sleepy hometown of Weimar in 1919.” — Martin Filler
50. “I think the Civil Rights Movement changed that trajectory for me. The first thing I did was leave school. I was suspended for my participation in Movement demonstrations in my hometown, December, 1961.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon
Hometown is where the heart is
Many people have a passion for traveling.
Yet, when they get to a new place, the best way to find out where the best food, fun, and experiences are happening comes from the recommendations of people who live in that hometown.
American musician Brian Fallo once said, “You never get away from that thing in your hometown that it has over you.
You don’t outgrow where you come from.”
When people initially meet and get to know each other, after name and career, where a person is from is usually the next question.
Our hometowns shape who we are to the point that we can put a piece of a person’s identity together when we learn about their hometown.
What makes your hometown special?
Do you have a favorite hometown quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.