These Starship Troopers quotes come from the original movie as well as those in the series.
Starship Troopers, the 1997 American military science fiction action film, was directed by Paul Verhoeven and written by Edward Neumeier.
The movie was based on Robert A. Heinlein’s 1959 novel of the same name. There are several movies in the franchise, but only the first one was theatrically released.
The two live-action direct sequels, Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation (2004) and Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (2008). Two computer-animated films followed, Starship Troopers: Invasion (2012) and Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars (2017).
The movie received negative reviews from critics at first and did not fare well at the box office, grossing a total of $121.2 million worldwide, against a budget of $105 million.
However, as time has gone by it has received a more positive reception, with many critics praising the film’s political satire.
The story chronicles the adventures of a young soldier, Johnny Rico, a member of the Mobile Infantry, a futuristic military unit.
Keep reading for more out-of-this-world Starship Trooper quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Lost in Space quotes to inspire Sci-Fi fans everywhere
Starship Troopers quotes from the first movie
1. “I’m from Buenos Aires and I say, KILL ‘EM ALL!” ― Johnny Rico
2. “This is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don’t do your job, I’ll shoot you myself. Do you get me?” ― Johnny Rico
3. “Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?” ― Johnny Rico
4. “Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. I know now. A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. But more than that, she was a citizen of the Federation.” ― Johnny Rico
5. “I need a corporal. You’re it until you’re dead or I find someone better.” ― Lieutenant Jean Rasczak
6. “I expect the best and I give the best. Here’s the beer. Here’s the entertainment. Have fun. That’s an order.” ― Lieutenant Jean Rasczak
7. “We’ve got one of their Brains now. Pretty soon we’ll know how they think.” ― Carl Jenkins
8. “One day it will all be over. And everyone will forget that this was the moment. This was when it turned. It wasn’t the mighty fleet, it wasn’t some fancy new weapon. It was a drill instructor named Zim, who captured a brain.” ― Carl Jenkins
9. “We must meet this threat with our valor, our blood, indeed with our very lives to ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates this galaxy now and always!” ― Sky Marshall Diennes
10. “One day, someone like me is going to kill you and your whole fucking race!” ― Lt. Zander Barcalow
Starship Troopers quotes from Starship Troopers: Hero of the Federation
11. “Murderers don’t go home.” ― Captain Dax
12. “No…They’ve got places for things like you…Special places…Where they cut you up, but they keep you alive when they cut you up, so they can see what makes you tick. so they can see what makes you sick. yeah…and I’ll be there.” ― Lt. Pavlov Dill
13. Lt. Pavlov Dill: “I’ll see you hanged!”
Captain Dax: “Just so long as it’s regulation rope.”
14. “But in truth, you are born insane. And such misery, cannot be allowed to spread.” ― Gen. J. G. Shepherd
15. Sgt. Dede Rake: “Wow, look what the cat drug in.”
Gen. J. G. Shepherd: “Ha ha, you should see that damned cat.”
16. “Our war’s going better than ever, but we need heroes! We need you!” ― Fednet
17. “Dax. More than a soldier. Not just a man. A hero of the Federation. He gave his life so we can fight.” ― Fednet
18. “Poor creatures. Why must we destroy you? I’ll tell you why. Order, is the tide of creation, but yours is a species, that worships the one over the many.” ― Gen. J. G. Shepherd
Starship Troopers quotes from Starship Troopers: Marauder
19. “You know what to do: Get in there and kill ’em all!” ― Johnny Rico
20. “Are you ready for Marauder? Join the Mobile Infantry and see if you have what it takes to be a citizen. See you on the bounce, trooper!” ― Johnny Rico
21. Link Manion: “The sky marshall’s coming here?”
Johnny Rico: “Ask him for an autograph, Lieutenant Manion, and I will have you shot.”
22. Lola Beck: “We’re f***ed.”
Jingo Ryan: “Yeah. That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.”
Holly Little: “You shouldn’t talk like that. That’s blasphemy.”
23. “Good. Give us a hand. Pick up that arm and find out who it belongs to.” ― Johnny Rico
24. “I think it’s a good day to die, Sir!” ― Sgt. Kirby
25. “The revival of religious worship here, and in the outer colonies, will not be tolerated if it leads to… sedition! Or in any way destabilizes our war effort.” ― Admiral Enolo Phid
26. “And there’s even more good news, believers, because its official: God’s back, and he’s a citizen, too!” ― Holly Little
27. “I have made this great journey. I have evolved. I have sacrificed *all* so that I may create with you a great peace. And they’re fucking it up!” ― Sky Marshal Omar Anoke
28. “That’s the kind of attitude that wins wars.” ― Admiral Enolo Phid
Starship Troopers quotes from Starship Troopers: Invasion
29. “You can all be proud of yourselves. We saved some lives. And we killed some bugs. But we lost some good troopers today.” ― Daugherty
30. “Major Henry Varro. One of the most decorated officers in the Federation. You’ve run long-range ops in places even God’s given up on. What did you do? Why won’t you talk? And why won’t your men talk?” ― Daugherty
31. “That a real five minutes or a “sort of” five minutes?” ― Daugherty
32. “A horse locked in the starting gate isn’t afraid. He’s just ready to run.” ― Johnny Rico
33. “Darkness is your friend. Whatever you do, don’t turn on the lights.” ― Dr. Carl Jenkins
34. “Sleeping with a gun? You must know something I don’t.” ― Bugspray
35. “Women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” ― Kharon
36. Kharon: “I find that believers such as you say so few things worth writing down.”
Holyman: “And I’ve found that he who looks so forward to the abyss is simply afraid of the light.”
37. “Worthy opponent. She hacked everything. Me, the ship, everything! Well, of course she did. She knew what I was thinking. Thoughts become words, words become deeds. Thoughts become words, words become deeds.” ― Dr. Carl Jenkins
38. “You know, if I wanted to run this much, I would have joined the mobile infantry.” ― Carmen Ibane
39. “I’m always a trooper. And if there are any of our men alive on that ship, I’m getting them out.” ― Johnny Rico
Starship Troopers quotes from Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars
40. “Here’s a little combat secret for you, lieutenant: war isn’t fair. It’s always a trap.” ― Johnny Rico
41. “You know, maybe it’s true what they say. Maybe Martians just aren’t that smart.” ― Ratzass
42. “If you can read my thoughts, then you know I’m a little busy right now, Carl.” ― Carmen Ibanez
43. “You’re a brass-balled trooper through and through, Rico. And goddamn it, I’m going with you!” ― Ratzass
44. “This operation’s like slow-motion suicide.” ― Carmen Ibanez
45. “Well, to beat your enemy, you have to know your enemy. And I learn something new every day.” ― Carl Jenkins
46. “You picked a good day to die.” ― Johnny Rico
47. “I want full power. We’re going for balls-out overload.” ― Johnny Rico
48. Johnny Rico: “You wanna live forever, lieutenant?”
Baba: “No, but a little longer would be okay.”
49. “Very funny. But this is the war we can never stop fighting. The Bugs will never quit. And if we do, we’re dead. For a few thousand years we humans enjoyed the relative peace of fighting amongst ourselves. And then we reached for the stars. I mean, what did we think would happen?” ― Carl Jenkins
50. “Well, thinking’s your job, Carl. I’m the guy who follows orders.” ― Johnny Rico
Which of these Starship Troopers quotes is your favorite?
We watch as Rico’s military career progresses from recruit to non-commissioned officer. Eventually, he earns the rank of officer, amidst an interstellar war between mankind and an insectoid species, known as Arachnids. The movie is packed with futuristic action, that will keep fans of the genre on the edge of their seats!
There are quite a few interesting facts about this film. The first of which is that there were two nude scenes in the original version. They consisted of a co-ed shower and a bedroom scene with Rico (Casper Van Dien) and Dizzy (Dina Meyer).
The scenes were removed for the broadcast version, but that is not the most notable thing about these particular scenes. Apparently, the actors only agreed to do the shower scene if Verhoeven agreed to direct the scene naked―which he did.
What was your favorite film in the series? Do you have any other Starship Troopers quotes and lines to add? You can let us know in the comment section below.
October 19, 2021 7:00 AM EST