If you have watched the famous Babylon 5 series, you will definitely enjoy our list of the Babylon 5 quotes.
These quotes are associated with the famous characters of this TV show.
Hence, you are going to enjoy reading through these quotes.
Apart from this, we have also discussed Babylon 5 and its key elements.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
An Introduction to Babylon 5
Babylon 5 is one of the groundbreaking and most popular TV series (science fiction) of the 1990s.
Created by J. Michael Straczynski, this series aired from 1993 to 1998.
It was based on a futuristic theme, which was accompanied by interesting characters and complex storytelling.
The plot of this TV show was set in the 23rd century.
Babylon is the name of a space station, which is a diplomacy hub.
Besides, it also serves to aid commercial activities between different alien races.
Each alien race has its own history, culture, and agenda.
Captain John Sheridan is the lead character of the show.
He became the commander of the space station in the second season.
Babylon 5 offers a diversified list of characters.
Each of these characters has its own goals, inspirations, and beliefs.
Here are some of the major characters:
- Susan Ivanova
- John Sheridan
- Londo Mollari
Plot and Storytelling
The story of Babylon 5 is complex, which makes it different from other science fiction series.
The strong plot kept the viewers captivated throughout the five seasons.
Besides, the writers were successful in building an intricate and cohesive narrative.
The key themes portrayed in the show include:
- Religion War
- Good and evil
First Show to Use CGI
The use of special effects made Babylon 5 a unique TV series of that time.
It was the first show that used CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) technology.
This allowed the show’s director to depict realistic space battles and various aspects of the alien worlds.
Using CGI also helped to lower the production cost, as there was no need to build models of spaceships or alien elements.
How Babylon 5 was Received
Babylon 5 stands among the best science fiction shows of its era.
Its fan base is devoted, which continues to exist even today.
With the popularity of Babylon 5, science fiction was also considered a respected and serious genre.
The legacy of this TV show can also be felt in the prevailing landscape of science fiction films and shows.
Top 5 Babylon 5 Quotes
The top Babylon 5 quotes will make you watch the Babylon 5 series.
1. “Put your money where your mouth is.” — John Sheridan
2. “I had a great run on Babylon 5. It was a lot of fun.” — Bruce Boxleitner
3. “I was doing Babylon 5 season two, and I was in all 22 episodes of that.” — Bill Mumy
4. “The sky was full of stars, and every star an exploding ship. One of ours.” — Commander Jeffrey Sinclair
5. “Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, my side, and the truth.” — J. Michael Straczynski
Special Babylon 5 Quotes
These are a few special Babylon 5 quotes you will love reading and sharing with friends and family.
6. “Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.” — Commander Jeffrey Sinclair
7. “In every other science fiction series, humans are at the top of the food chain. In the ‘Babylon 5’ universe, they’re in the bottom third.” — J. Michael Straczynski
8. “I am not a wishing well with legs. (Paraphrasing Babylon 5’s Londo Mollari, repeatedly, when asked to perform hacking functions for strangers.)” — Adrian Lamo
9. “Babylon 5 is probably the biggest, most ambitious television science fiction series ever made. It’s one big novel told over five years with 110 different stories told within it.” — Bill Mumy
10. “Tell the other rangers, the ambassadors, everyone is this army of light. Babylon 5 stands with you. Tell them, tell them that from this place with will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness, and we will hold that line no matter the cost.” — John Sheridan
Babylon 5 Quotes about Realization
Here are some great Babylon 5 quotes about realizing different feelings and things.
11. “Besides, we don’t want cooperation. We want conversion. We want repentance.” — Franklin
12. “We live for the One. We die for the One. — the Ranger oath.” — J. Michael Straczynski
13. “We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.” — G’Kar
14. “The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff.” — Delenn
15. “How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame… for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see.” — Sebastian
Babylon 5 Quotes to Leave Things Behind
Find solace in leaving the past behind with these inspiring quotes from Babylon 5.
16. “I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us, and part of us remains.” — G’Kar
17. “She paused the image. Her fingertip traced the outline of the attacker. “Who are you?” she asked the screen. “What do you want?” — James S.A. Corey
18. “Because I have asked you; because your sense of duty to our people should override any personal ambition; and because I have poisoned your drink.” — Ambassador Londo Mollari
19. “Mr. Garibaldi, you’re sitting at my station, using my equipment. Is there a reason for this, or to save time, should I just snap your hand off at the wrist?” — Ivanova
20. “To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, love, and companionship because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received.” — J. Michael Straczynski
Some More Thought-Provoking Babylon 5 Quotes
Explore the depths of Babylon 5’s philosophical musings with some more thought-provoking quotes from the beloved sci-fi series.
21. “It’s easy to find something worth dying for. Do you have anything worth living for?” — J. Michael Straczynski
22. “Let me pass on to you the one thing I’ve learned about this place: No one here is exactly what he appears. Not Mollari, not Delenn, not Sinclair, and not me.” — G’Kar
23. “Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal .. all alone at night. It can be a dangerous place, but it’s our last, best hope for peace.” — Ambassador Londo Mollari
24. “I was there when our war against Earth began when our ship encountered an Earth vessel for the first time. Afraid of us, of the unknown, they fired. I saw our leader dying. I heard the cries for revenge, for blood, for death. In return, we nearly exterminated an entire species.” — Delenn
25. “It was the Dawn of the Third Age of Mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. Its goal: is to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It’s a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers.” — Commander Jeffrey Sinclair
Which One of these Babylon 5 Quotes is your Favorite?
Babylon 5 quotes are impressive and exciting.
This allows you to share these quotes with your friends and family members who were diehard fans of this TV show.
On the other hand, these quotes also take the readers to the future.
We hope you have liked our list of the best Babylon 5 quotes.
If you have come across a quote that inspires you the most, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you!