If you need a little inspiration and encouragement, these Jay Shetty quotes will help.
Whether you are in need of motivation in business or wisdom in life, Jay Shetty has advice that everyone can learn from.
If you haven’t heard of him before, he’s a young British professional who has interviewed some big names on his podcast, including Kobe Bryant, Tim Ferriss, and Deepak Chopra. But he’s more than just a podcast host.
Jay Shetty is an award-winning author, entrepreneur, and a purpose coach. As you’ll see from his quotes, he’s full of wisdom on life, business, and relationships.
Wise Jay Shetty Quotes
1. “You are still young and you aren’t supposed to have your whole life figured out yet. Don’t stress. Everything will work out.” – Jay Shetty
2. “I believe you should focus your life on observing the little things because one day you look back and realize they were the big things.” – Jay Shetty
3. “When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.” – Jay Shetty
4. “If your past keeps coming back it’s just to test if you’re still stupid enough to fall for it again. Don’t be stupid.” – Jay Shetty
5. “Fear comes from a lack of knowledge. Accelerate your learning, eliminate your fear.” – Jay Shetty
6. “We are meant to love people and use things but today we use people and love things.” – Jay Shetty
7. “Swap ‘Why is this happening to me?’ to ‘What is this trying to teach me?’. It will change everything.” – Jay Shetty
8. “We think that if we’re successful in public, we will be happy in private. But it’s actually the other way around. When you’re happy in private, you will be successful in public.” – Jay Shetty
9. “Choose people who choose you.” – Jay Shetty
10. “Forget what you looked like 10 years ago. Focus on how much you’ve grown internally in the last 10 years.” – Jay Shetty
11. “Our words have more power than we even believe. Our words define our reality. We need to pick them carefully. Make sure you taste your words before you spit them out.” – Jay Shetty
12. “When you are not sure, flip a coin because while the coin is in the air, you realize which one you are actually hoping for.” – Jay Shetty
13. “Love didn’t hurt you. Someone who doesn’t know to love hurt you. Don’t confuse the two.” – Jay Shetty
14. “Instead of “to-do lists” we need “to-be lists”. The question isn’t what do we want to do, it’s who we want to be.” – Jay Shetty
15. “When we find someone in our loneliness, we often attract emptiness.” – Jay Shetty
Life Lessons from Jay Shetty Quotes
16. “We must keep the promises that we make to ourselves so that we can keep those that we make to others.” – Jay Shetty
17. “Always tell someone how you feel, because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye, but regret can last a lifetime.” – Jay Shetty
18. “The sooner you get over the notion that you can or should be perfect, or that anyone else is, change will come easier.” – Jay Shetty
19. “Real friends tell you when you aren’t living up to your potential. They don’t let you sit and be mediocre and think you are lit.” – Jay Shetty
20. “Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.” – Jay Shetty
21. “We will keep facing the same test until we learn the lesson we are meant to learn. The same situations, relationships, issues will keep arising in our lives until we recognize what we are supposed to take away. We can save ourselves from so much trouble if we choose to listen, observe and adapt.” – Jay Shetty
22. “Insecure people try to make you believe in them. Self-aware people try to make you believe in yourself.” – Jay Shetty
23. “Success comes from gaining, happiness comes from giving.” – Jay Shetty
24. “Most people don’t start because they don’t want to be seen starting at the bottom. Don’t be most people.” – Jay Shetty
25. “It’s important to figure out who you’re not, in order to figure out who you are.” – Jay Shetty
26. “If we never learn to be alone we will always feel lonely.” – Jay Shetty
27. “One of the biggest reasons we don’t achieve our goals is we say yes to too many things that are not our priority and no to too many things that are our priority.” – Jay Shetty
28. “Think about what you can do right now, not what you wish you had done before.” – Jay Shetty
Motivational Jay Shetty Quotes
29. “Everything will happen for you all of a sudden and you will be thankful you didn’t give up. Blessings are coming. Believe that.” – Jay Shetty
30. “It’s so important to fill our own batteries if we want to charge others.” – Jay Shetty
31. “What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it.” – Jay Shetty
32. “Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.” – Jay Shetty
33. “You can’t do the big things if you are always distracted by the small ones.” – Jay Shetty
34. “Action without intention is meaningless. And intention without action is impact-less.” – Jay Shetty
35. “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings, from new people, new energy, new surroundings, new challenges. Embrace new chances at happiness.” – Jay Shetty
36. “Being positive doesn’t mean you don’t ever have negative thoughts. It just means you don’t let those thoughts control your life.” – Jay Shetty
37. “Growth isn’t always consistent. You relapse, you fall, but remember that doesn’t mean you’re back at square one. You don’t lose the growth you had before the relapse. Take your time, continue where you left off.” – Jay Shetty
38. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years now and that hasn’t worked. Try coaching yourself and see what happens.” – Jay Shetty
Jay Shetty quotes that will make your day
39. “You only need rehearsals when you’re acting. When you’re living, you can just show up.” – Jay Shetty
40. “If you every meet someone who makes your life flow easier and makes you laugh a lot, keep them, that’s all you need.” – Jay Shetty
41. “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas. You can stay in it all you want but it won’t go anywhere.” – Jay Shetty
42. “I love asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because I’m still looking for ideas.” – Jay Shetty
43. “Stop trying to find the right person; be the right person. Instead of being with someone who makes you happy, first be someone who makes you happy.” – Jay Shetty
44. “Often the people closest to us get the worst of us. And the people we barely know get the best of us.” – Jay Shetty
45. “Too many of us set these lofty goals but never break them down into the building blocks of how we are actually going to get there.” – Jay Shetty
46. “Every act is either an act of love or a cry for love.” – Jay Shetty
47. “Look back to learn lessons. Look ahead to get excited. Look around to be present. Look within to find yourself.” – Jay Shetty
48. “We force ourselves out of bed to live the same day again and again and call it a life.” – Jay Shetty
More Jay Shetty Quotes
49. “Self-care isn’t just holidays and massages. It’s working on your habits, mindset and healing your past. It’s removing toxic thoughts, people and places in your life. It’s living intentionally, purposefully and consciously.” – Jay Shetty
50. “Reading changes your mind, applying changes your life!” – Jay Shetty
51. “I think millennials have really made it their vision and commitment into life to really find themselves, to focus on what matters.” – Jay Shetty
52. “Doing one thing by yourself, for yourself, that creates joy is such an important habit.” – Jay Shetty
53. “You start projecting hurt and pain onto yourself when you don’t find closure. Be honest with the situation and yourself, clean the wound, and move on.” – Jay Shetty
54. “Don’t fall in love too fast. You think you know their dreams, but you just know their plans. Plans come from the head, but dreams come from the heart.” – Jay Shetty
55. “If you can build a muscle, you can build a mindset.” – Jay Shetty
56. “Solitude is the strength of being alone. It’s where we become our best company.” – Jay Shetty
57. “Learning to love in the way someone wants to be loved is far more the definition of love than just loving in any way.” – Jay Shetty
58. “Whatever you think someone else should give to you, you need to be able to give yourself first.” – Jay Shetty
59. “Our past can be an opportunity to learn to feel happy, to feel joy, to feel power, to feel passion in your life.” – Jay Shetty
What did you learn from these Jay Shetty quotes?
Well if that’s not a great quote to end on then what is? Reading, even these simple Jay Shetty quotes, can help transform your life. Reading can help open up your mind to understand new ideas.
Look for the quotes above that stand out to you. Those that expand your thinking or help you think of something in a new way.
Choose a quote or two that help motivate and inspire you. Memorize them and repeat them during those times that you feel stuck or unmotivated. Allow yourself to believe the words of these quotes and put them into action.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Jay Shetty quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 20, 2020 7:00 AM EST