Do you remember The Crocodile Hunter TV show? If you do, you’ll definitely enjoy reading these Steve Irwin quotes.
For years, Steve Irwin graced our television screens with his goofy personality and passion for animal and wildlife conservation. Nicknamed the Crocodile Hunter, Irwin co-owned the Australia Zoo with his wife, Terri. Together, the couple also hosted a series of television documentary shows that broadcasted internationally.
How can you follow Steve Irwin’s example and help the world become a better place?
Because of his efforts for wildlife conservation and the tourism draw of his zoo, Irwin was awarded the Centenary Medal by the Australian government and has even had newly discovered animals named after him. Unfortunately, Irwin passed away at the age of 44 due to a stingray injury. His children and wife continue to carry his legacy.
The following Steve Irwin quotes will make you say “crikey” as they activate your inner animal lover and planet activist.
Don’t forget to also read these John Muir quotes on the mountains of life.
Steve Irwin quotes about Saving the Planet
1. “I am optimistic globally. So many scientists are working frantically on the reparation of our planet.” – Steve Irwin
2. “I believe sustainable use is the greatest propaganda in wildlife conservation at the moment.” – Steve Irwin
3. “We don’t own the planet Earth, we belong to it. And we must share it with our wildlife.” – Steve Irwin
4. “If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.”- Steve Irwin
5. “Herein lies our problem. If we level that much land to grow rice and whatever, then no other animal could live there except for some insect pest species. Which is very unfortunate.” – Steve Irwin
6. “My job, my mission, the reason I’ve been put onto this planet, is to save wildlife. And I thank you for comin’ with me. Yeah, let’s get ’em!” – Steve Irwin
7. “Every cent we earn from Crocodile Hunter goes straight back into conservation. Every single cent.” – Steve Irwin
8. “I believe our biggest issue is the same biggest issue that the whole world is facing, and that’s habitat destruction.” – Steve Irwin
Steve Irwin quotes about passion
9. “To hear people say that it was a publicity stunt, that I’m just like Michael Jackson, well, it just tears me up. It makes me sick to my stomach to be compared in that way.” – Steve Irwin
10. “Fear helps me from making mistakes, but I make lot of mistakes.” – Steve Irwin
11. “I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute, and I’m just fine with that.” – Steve Irwin
12. “I have a message for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I’ve found that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you’ll be a winner.” – Steve Irwin
13. “Yeah, I’m a thrill seeker, but crikey, education’s the most important thing.” – Steve Irwin
14. “I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.” – Steve Irwin
15. “All you have to do in life is be passionate and enthusiastic and you will have a wonderful life.” – Steve Irwin
16. “We’ve evolved from sitting back on our tripods and shooting wildlife films like they have been shot historically, which doesn’t work for us.” – Steve Irwin
17. “So now what happens is the cameras follow me around and capture exactly what I’ve been doing since I was a boy. Only now we have a team of, you know, like 73 of us, and it’s gone beyond that.” – Steve Irwin
18. “Crikey means gee whiz, wow!” – Steve Irwin
Also check out these Fyodor Dostoyevsky quotes that will inspire you to follow your dreams
Steve Irwin quotes about humanity
19. “I probably don`t show fear, but I suffer from fear like everyone else.” – Steve Irwin
20. “You know, I’m Australian, and we have got the worst sense of humor. We are cruel to each other.” – Steve Irwin
21. “Crikey, mate. You’re far safer dealing with crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than the executives and the producers and all those sharks in the big MGM building.” – Steve Irwin
22. “I’m a proud Australian, a very, very proud Australian.” – Steve Irwin
23. “My dad taught me from my youngest childhood memories through these connections with Aboriginal and tribal people that you must always protect people’s sacred status, regardless of the pest.” – Steve Irwin
24. “No matter where you go and what you do in America, you turn the tele on and you’re confronted with violence.” – Steve Irwin
25. “Where I live if someone gives you a hug it’s from the heart.” – Steve Irwin
Steve Irwin quotes for the animal lovers
26. “It is all about perceived danger. In front of that crocodile I was in complete control. Absolute and complete control. That is my profession. I would be considered a bad parent if I didn’t teach my children to be crocodile savvy because they live here, they live in crocodile territory.” – Steve Irwin
27. “Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” – Steve Irwin
28. “Take the crocodile, for example, my favorite animal. There are 23 species. Seventeen of those species are rare or endangered. They’re on the way out, no matter what anyone does or says, you know.” – Steve Irwin
29. “Snakes are just very instinctive to me. I’ve been playing with snakes since before I could walk. It doesn’t matter where or what it is, from the biggest to the most venomous.” – Steve Irwin
30. “Yeah, for some reason parrots have to bite me. That’s their job. I don’t know why that is. They’ve nearly torn my nose off. I’ve had some really bad parrot bites.” – Steve Irwin
31. “My belief is that what comes across on the television is a capture of my enthusiasm and my passion for wildlife.” – Steve Irwin
32. “I’ve worked with more dangerous snakes than anyone in the world and I’ve never been bitten. It’s a gift.” – Steve Irwin
33. “Crocodiles. I’ve been catching them since I was nine. No problem.”- Steve Irwin
34. “So, my tactic with conservation of apex predators is to get people excited and take them to where they live.” – Steve Irwin
35. “I have no fear of losing my life – if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.” – Steve Irwin
You might also like these Edward Abbey quotes from the environmental activist.
Do you have a favorite The Crocodile Hunter episode?
Steve Irwin was known for putting himself in sticky situations for family home entertainment. But in every episode of The Crocodile Hunter, it was clear to see Irwin’s passion for animals. The Crocodile Hunter found a way to live out his passion while providing for his family and also raising money for wildlife conservation.
Though he was taken from this world early, he accomplished a great deal in his lifetime. He left behind a legacy that his family continues to uphold, and he remains an inspiration to us all.
Do you enjoy watching shows like The Crocodile Hunter? Did you enjoy these Steve Irwin quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
April 3, 2020 7:00 AM EST