Michael Jackson quotes on Everyday Power!
Born Michael Joseph Jackson on August 29, 1958, the singer was destined to become the “King of Pop”. In the early 1960s he became the lead vocalist of his brothers’ music group, The Jackson 5.
The kids quickly gained popularity, moved to Los Angeles, and went on to live with Diana Ross of the Supremes while they got settled into the new city. Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5, their first album, hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart soon after its release, and singles like “ABC,” “The Love You Save,” and “I’ll Be There” were instant chart toppers.
Michael Jackson Quotes On Life, Race, Childhood and Beauty
At 13, Michael launched a solo career in addition to working with his brothers. Michael Jackson hit true stardom when his 1982 album Thriller became the best-selling album in history! In 1983, Michael signed a five million dollar endorsement deal with Pepsi, but while filming a commercial, he was badly burned and had surgery to repair the injuries to his face and scalp. This is believed to be the origin of his obsession with plastic surgery, as his looks would change rapidly and completely before his death.
He also went on his last tour with his brothers in 1983. His next album, Bad, was released in 1987 and was also a success. He had three children, and soon after, his “tragic” years began. During this time Michael had encounters with drugs, financial troubles, and a lack professional development. Sadly, on June 25, 2009, Jackson died due to cardiac arrest at the age of 50.
With a life full of mesmerizing adventures, tragic beauties and timeless hits, Michael Jackson has a few lessons for anyone going through a tough time!
Also check out our list of inspirational Beatles quotes that reach for a better world.
Michael Jackson Quotes About Life, Music and Dreams
1. Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation. – Michael Jackson
2. You know, let’s put it this way, if all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery, if they went on vacation, there wouldn’t be a person left in town. – Michael Jackson
3. I’m a black American, I am proud of my race. I am proud of who I am. I have a lot of pride and dignity. – Michael Jackson
4. I’m happy to be alive, I’m happy to be who I am. – Michael Jackson
5. Yes, and I had pimples so badly it used to make me so shy. I used not to look at myself. I’d hide my face in the dark, I wouldn’t want to look in the mirror and my father teased me and I just hated it and I cried everyday. – Michael Jackson
6. Elizabeth Taylor is gorgeous, beautiful, and she still is today, I’m crazy about her. – Michael Jackson
7. But I will never stop helping and loving people the way Jesus said to. – Michael Jackson
8. It’s a complete lie, why do people buy these papers? It’s not the truth I’m here to say. You know, don’t judge a person, do not pass judgement, unless you have talked to them one on one. I don’t care what the story is, do not judge them because it is a lie. – Michael Jackson
9. Because I wanted to have a place that I could create everything that I that I never had as a child. So, you see rides. You see animals. There’s a movie theater. – Michael Jackson
10. My mother’s wonderful. To me she’s perfection. – Michael Jackson
11. Yeah, Wacko Jacko, where did that come from? Some English tabloid. I have a heart and I have feelings. I feel that when you do that to me. It’s not nice. – Michael Jackson
12. I have a skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of my skin, it’s something that I cannot help, OK? But when people make up stories that I don’t want to be what I am it hurts me. – Michael Jackson
13. If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt. – Michael Jackson
14. Because I think every child star suffers through this period because you’re not the cute and charming child that you were. You start to grow, and they want to keep you little forever. – Michael Jackson
15. I’d slit my wrists rather than hurt a child. I could never do that. No-one will ever know how much these wicked rumors have hurt me. – Michael Jackson
You might also like these Prince quotes about life, creativity, and music.
16. They used to call me a 45-year-old midget wherever I went. – Michael Jackson
17. I wrote a song called Dirty Diana. It was not about Lady Diana. It was about a certain kind of girls that hang around concerts or clubs, you know, they call them groupies. – Michael Jackson
18. “She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene,
I said, ‘Don’t mind, but what do you mean I am the one, Who will dance on the floor in the round?'” – Michael Jackson
19. Everything that I love is behind those gates. We have elephants, and giraffes, and crocodiles, and every kind of tigers and lions. And – and we have bus loads of kids, who don’t get to see those things. They come up sick children, and enjoy it. – Michael Jackson
20. Everyone who knows me will know the truth, which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child. – Michael Jackson
21. I was a veteran, before I was a teenager. – Michael Jackson
22. Please keep an open mind and let me have my day in court. – Michael Jackson
23. I will say again that I have never, and would never, harm a child. It sickens me that people have written untrue things about me. – Michael Jackson
24. I love my family very much. I wish I could see them a little more often than I do. But we understand because we’re a show business family and we all work. – Michael Jackson
25. I’ve helped many, many, many children, thousands of children, cancer kids, leukemia kids. – Michael Jackson
26. I’m never pleased with anything, I’m a perfectionist, it’s part of who I am. – Michael Jackson
27. When I see children, I see the face of God. That’s why I love them so much. That’s what I see – Michael Jackson
28. “I’m not going to spend
My life being a color
Don’t tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye
But, if you’re thinkin’ about my baby
It don’t matter if you’re black or white.'” – Michael Jackson
29. My goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance. – Michael Jackson
30. People think they know me, but they don’t. Not really. Actually, I am one of the loneliest people on this earth. I cry sometimes, because it hurts. It does. To be honest, I guess you could say that it hurts to be me. – Michael Jackson
31. I’ll always be Peter Pan in my heart – Michael Jackson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Peter Pan quotes from the iconic character.
32. They did it to try and belittle me, to try and to take away my pride. But I went through the whole system with them. And at the end, I – I wanted the public to know that I was okay, even though I was hurting. – Michael Jackson
33. Just because it’s in print doesn’t mean it’s the gospel. – Michael Jackson
34. The Bee Gees who are brilliant, I just love great music. – Michael Jackson
35. If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. – Michael Jackson
36. Because parents have power over children. They feel they have to do what their parents say. But the love of money is the root of all evil. And this is a sweet child. And to see him turn like this, this isn’t him. This is not him. – Michael Jackson
37. There were times when I had great times with my brothers, pillow fights and things, but I was, used to always cry from loneliness. – Michael Jackson
38. I’m just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarrass easily. – Michael Jackson
What’s your favorite Michael Jackson quote?
April 7, 2018 9:00 AM EST