Summer Walker Quotes From The Musical Sensation
November 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Summer Walker quotes and lyrics will help you see why she is killing it and literally making history!
Summer Marjani Walker is an American singer-songwriter who was born in Atlanta, Georgia, to a British father and an American mother.
Her parents ultimately divorced.
Her family is not famous, and she hasn’t always been killing it on the Billboard charts.
Tell us your favorite Summer Walker quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Summer Walker quotes?
From 2016 to 2018, Walker ran her own small cleaning business while also being an exotic dancer in Atlanta.
This woman taught herself how to play the guitar by watching tutorials on YouTube.
She started posting videos of herself performing song covers on YouTube.
It is no wonder that several of these Summer Walker quotes are about owning who you are, as she is one fierce and determined woman!
These Summer Walker quotes will help you:
- understand the importance of being your authentic self
- find the inspiration to put in the work required to achieve your dreams
- better understand the woman behind the artist
Walker became so popular that she was signed to Love Renaissance and Interscope Records.
They released her commercial mixtape, Last Day of Summer, on October 19, 2018.
Girls Need Love earned her a place in the top 40 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
In January 2019, Walker released her debut EP, CLEAR.
Her first studio album, Over It, debuted on October 4, 2019, and received acclaim from critics. It debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart and was also certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.
On November 5, 2021, Walker released her second studio album, Still Over It. The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and also broke the record for most album streams in a single day by a female artist on Apple Music.
Keep reading these Summer Walker quotes to see some of her song lyrics.
Don’t forget to check out these lyrical H. E. R. quotes that will sing to your soul.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Summer Walker quotes from her songs and lyrics
1. “I been waiting so long for a love like this, it’s a feeling so strong, I don’t wanna resist.” — Summer Walker
You will also enjoy our article on song quotes.
2. “On the brain all the time, thinkin’ of all the things that we did.” — Summer Walker
You will also enjoy our article on Megan Thee Stallion quotes.
3. “I thought that I was changing you, I can’t believe I praised you.” — Summer Walker
You will also enjoy our article on fog quotes.
4. “You don’t know what love is… If you never stayed up all night crying.” — Summer Walker
5. “Baby, I’m talkin’ crazy, I need you right in my space.” — Summer Walker
6. “I know you say you hit my line, I’m on your mind, and that you want this bad, so I’m cool with that. I’m just tryna match your words with your actions.” — Summer Walker
7. “I don’t know what it is, I can’t tell you what it is, but you got me goin’ crazy.” — Summer Walker
8. “Cause I learned what love is once I let it go.” — Summer Walker
9. “All I ever asked was you to pick up the phone when you alone. All I ever asked was you to show me some love, kisses, and hugs.” — Summer Walker
10. “If you claim you want me, it ain’t no thang.” — Summer Walker
11. “I don’t really need the pain, but I love to feel the pain.” — Summer Walker
12. “Cause we are way too involved, just to cut and not call.” — Summer Walker
Summer Walker quotes from Instagram captions
13. “Put it on my grave.” — Summer Walker
14. “Girls need love.” — Summer Walker
15. “Drape me in Gucci.” — Summer Walker
16. “I need more than satisfaction.” — Summer Walker
17. “I got options.” — Summer Walker
18. “I can’t take no shit.” — Summer Walker
19. “Show me love.” — Summer Walker
20. “You wanna wife it.” — Summer Walker
21. “They need more.” — Summer Walker
22. “That b*tch.” — Summer Walker
23. “Playing games.” — Summer Walker
24. “Show me off.” — Summer Walker
25. “Just wanna have fun.” — Summer Walker
26. “Make you forget about all them hoes.” — Summer Walker
Inspirational Summer Walker quotes about life and love
27. “Be careful of friends you ride with… Some don’t got you as much as you think.” — Summer Walker
28. “I don’t want to lose myself for someone else.” — Summer Walker
29. “Wear your crown and go chase your dreams.” — Summer Walker
30. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” — Summer Walker
31. “Hold on to your happiness for dear life… It slips away too easily.” — Summer Walker
32. “A true lady doesn’t demand, she thanks… and a true man doesn’t promise, he commits.” — Summer Walker
33. “Don’t try to rush things that needs time to grow.” — Summer Walker
34. “Starve your distractions. Feed your focus.” — Summer Walker
35. “Beyond blessed. My whole life changed in a year & a half, like literally a year ago I was scrubbing toilets and stripping. I’m now damn near financially free with a paid-off house & car without a care in the world, and it’s all cause of ya’ll so thank you.” — Summer Walker
Summer Walker quotes about being authentic
36. “Black women, I’m talking to you, because it’s not white women, it’s not Latino, it’s not Native American—I checked, it’s ya’ll. The self-hate is ridiculous. Why do you hate yourself so much, why do you hate your texture, why do you hate your culture, why do you hate your history?” — Summer Walker
37. “I fart. My backstage ritual is flatulence.” — Summer Walker
38. “Not everything is as it seems just be you; appreciate your imperfection.” — Summer Walker
39. “I been me from day one. I’m not about to start acting different, talking different, treating people different, or looking different.” — Summer Walker
40. “I take showers; I don’t like them because I like baths in very nice jacuzzi or garden tubs.” — Summer Walker
41. “I’m just a regular person, nothing more.” — Summer Walker
Summer Walker quotes about mental health
42. “Performing gives me so much anxiety.” — Summer Walker
43. “At the end of the day, I’m a person. I have feelings. I get tired. I get sad.” — Summer Walker
44. “As you know, I have been very open about my struggle with social anxiety.” — Summer Walker
45. “I would be more at peace if I could just record music and slide it under the door.” — Summer Walker
46. “There’s a lot of people out here faking a smile on their face like they got it together but inside actually suffering from some sort of traumatic experience, a loss, depressed, fearful, envious, or whatever the case may be, but I can feel it.” — Summer Walker
Summer Walker quotes from her song You Don’t Know Me
47. “We lost in translation. I’m honestly running out of patience.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
48. “Communication just don’t seem to work. You’ve got it all figured out in your head.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
49. “And you in denial about all that sh!t that you be saying.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
50. “It’s been two years. We got some kids. We been through hella sh!t.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
51. “Traveled the world, ran up the bag—We done it all and that’s why it’s sad that you don’t know me.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
52. “Don’t get me wrong. I know it’s a lot—long flights, long nights.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
53. “But you could take a minute just to pay attention to mе for once.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
54. “You should know my body by now. You should know my mind by now.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
55. “And it don’t seem to matter how many times I Try. But I cry, I say it nice—yell it out loud—write it down. I’m tired.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
56. “You should just commit once. I shouldn’t have to run. It should just be for fun—like you… You should just know how.” — Summer Walker, You Don’t Know Me
Summer Walker quotes from her new album Still Over It
57. “I wanna walk away, but what if I’m wrong?” — Summer Walker, Toxic
58. “One minute, I hate you, the next minute, want it.” — Summer Walker, Screwin
59. “Showing you what the word, being loyal is.” — Summer Walker, Constant Bulls***
60. “Keep that same energy when I find somebody else.” — Summer Walker, Throw It Away
61. “I ain’t takin’ your s*** today, I ain’t takin’ your s*** tomorrow.” — Summer Walker, Unloyal
62. “Tell me why did you do this to me? After we made plans for a family?” — Summer Walker, 4th Baby Mama
63. “Hope to unfeel what we keep on feeling, but you can’t unbreak my broken heart.” — Summer Walker, Closure
64. “Why you gotta hang your love over my head like that? I’m just tryna gеt closure.” — Summer Walker, Closure
65. “You refuse to let me walk out your life, but you refuse to match up with my vibe.” — Summer Walker, Session 33
66. “I would’ve played it just how you wanted to play it, you didn’t yet see my worth so you try to play me.” — Summer Walker, No Love
Which of these Summer Walker quotes is your favorite?
Over It debuted in the number two spot on the Billboard 200 chart and went certified platinum.
Playing Games, a single following the album, made the Billboard Hot 100 top 20 list.
For someone who hasn’t been doing this for long and taught herself, she is on fire!
Not only is she killing it, but she is literally making history!
In 2019, Walker’s debut album earned the biggest streaming debut week ever for a female R&B artist.
She won Best New Artist at the 2019 Soul Train Music Awards., too.
She has also done remixes with some big names in the industry, including Drake, Justin Bieber, and DJ Khaled.
She also performed “Session 32” and “Come Thru” with Usher at the 2020 BET Awards.
Walker released her next EP, Life on Earth, on July 10, 2020.
She recently had her first daughter, and it seems like life will only get even better for Summer Walker from here on out.
Did you enjoy reading these Summer Walker quotes and lyrics?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.