Read these hobby quotes to remind yourself how important your passions are!
You are sure to practice the art of adventure when you break the chain of routine.
Renew your life by taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints!
One way where you can take some inspiration is by reading some exciting hobby quotes.
But finding the quotes can be a tricky and time-consuming task.
That’s why we have curated informational and inspirational hobby quotes that will inspire you to pursue your hobbies.
But before digging deep into quotes, let’s see why hobbies are important.
Why hobbies are important
Here are some reasons why hobbies are important.
- Having a hobby is a great way to relax and cut down on stress.
- Hobbies help you stand out from the rest.
- Having a hobby is good for your mental health.
- Hobbies can help improve your professional and personal life.
How to choose a hobby
We have already discussed various benefits of hobbies, and now let’s check out how you can choose a hobby.
You can choose many hobbies, including sports, sketching, reading, writing, origami, candle making, cooking, stitching, painting, and more.
Some of the hobbies are old-fashioned yet so popular, like stamp collecting, gardening, collecting old currency, calligraphy, knitting, and hiking.
So the choices are limitless.
But the one you choose will depend on your interests and affordability.
Pick up those that really attract you and that you can afford in the long run without putting extra burden on your pocket.
Though one or two hobbies are enough, you can have as many hobbies as you desire.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of quotes about having fun and enjoying your life.
Top 10 hobby quotes
Here, we have curated and listed the top 10 hobby quotes. You will find them interesting and want to share them with your loved ones.
1. “Life is a hobby.” — Joshua Lederberg
3. “The music stuff is just a hobby.” — Tom Felton
2. “Beware the hobby that eats.” — Benjamin Franklin
6. “Music to me is something I did as a hobby.” — Pitbull
4. “Decorating has always been my hobby.” — Lee Radziwill
5. “A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away.” — Phyllis McGinley
9. “You don’t get stressed if you think your job as a hobby, not as a duty.” — Henry Lau
7. “A secret talent or hobby… Hmm… I weirdly collect shot glasses.” — Austin Mahone
8. “I do tend to lose myself in whatever job I’m doing or hobby I’m into.” — Sam Heughan
10. “I was sad and in a dark place, and I turned to a hobby to sort of take me out of that.” — Cole Sprouse
Hobby quotes for passionate professionals
Some great sayings for those who take their profession as a hobby and vice versa.
11. “My hobby is work.” — Michael G. Rubin
12. “I have a new hobby and it’s pretty much logging.” — Eric Church
13. “Now, when I was in the Army, writing was my hobby.” — Brian Lumley
14. “Sometimes when you turn a hobby into a job, it becomes work.” — Jeff Bennett
15. “Happy is a man who can make a living by his hobby.” — George Bernard Shaw
16. “Photography is like oxygen for me. My hobby is my oxygen.” — Uddhav Thackeray
17. “Figure skating is not a hobby. It’s my work, which I want to do, and do well.” — Adelina Sotnikova
18. “I am a very lucky man. I am living my life with my hobby as my profession.” — Jim Sullivan
19. “For me, work is both a hobby and a passion. And sometimes an obsession.” — Daniel Lubetzky
20. “The job is so fantastic, you don’t need a hobby. The hobby is going to work.” — Guion Bluford
Hobby quotes about traditional hobbies
Traditional hobbies quotes are fascinating, and we hope you will enjoy reading them.
21. “Cooking is my hobby.” — Jake LaMotta
22. “But I love to fish – that’s a hobby of mine.” — Avery Bradley
23. “Collecting records is, for many, beyond a hobby.” — Henry Rollins
24. “Mountaineering has always been a huge hobby of mine.” — Andy Serkis
25. “I write and record all the time; it’s my hobby and my passion.” — Alvin Lee
26. “All I’m doing is painting. It’s my hobby. And that’s that.” — John Mellencamp
27. “Cooking may be a creative art, but it’s also a wonderful full-time hobby.” — Julia Child
28. “Preserving tradition has become a nice hobby, like stamp collecting.” — Mason Cooley
29. “Painting is just a hobby. I really don’t think of it much more than that.” — Stephen Hough
30. “If your hobby is hunting, at the end of it you get to eat what you catch, which is awesome.” — Tyler Childers
Hobby quotes that are related to sports
How the sportsmen take their profession as their hobby can be seen from their sayings:
31. “Golf isn’t just my business, it’s my hobby.” — Lee Trevino
32. “Working out is my biggest hobby. It’s my Zen hour. I just zone out.” — Zac Efron
33. “I’m a runner by hobby and by nature of stress relief and staying fit.” — Kate Gosselin
34. “Tennis was my hobby which became my career but it never felt like a job.” — Tim Henman
35. “If your hobby is playing sports, at the end of it you might get a few concussions.” — Tyler Childers
36. “Poker is just a hobby I’m passionate about. It’s not supposed to bring glory.” — Jason Alexander
37. “I might do a hobby or go to the movies, but everything comes back to basketball.” — Brandon Ingram
38. “My father said, ‘You’re not going to make it.’ That took a lot of pressure from me. I took football like a hobby.” — Per Mertesacker
39. “For me, boxing is just a hobby and a science that I enjoy. I enjoy studying it and I’m a fan of the guys that are doing well.” — Bugzy Malone
40. “When you meet someone, ask about what hobby they have, not what they do. People always ask me about cooking, but I prefer to talk about tennis or boxing.” — Wolfgang Puck
Hobby quotes from social media stars and celebrities
Here are some inspirational hobby quotes from social media influencers.
41. “Music is a hobby to me.” — Blackbear
42. “Music is my life – acting’s just a hobby.” — Steve Burns
43. “Other guys like to go golfing, but music is my hobby.” — Jake Peavy
44. “Acting was just a hobby; I never needed butter from it.” — Nana Patekar
45. “Writing songs used to be my hobby; it used to be my getaway.” — John Prine
46. “It’s a hobby for me, but I’m never alone if there is a guitar there.” — Alex O’Loughlin
47. “My hobby is my profession, and therefore, I keep on composing creatively.” — Hamesh Reshammiya
48. “I wouldn’t have taken up modeling as a profession. It was more of a hobby.” — Kriti Sanon
49. “I love writing and making films. What started as a hobby ultimately turned into my profession.” — Sajid Nadiadwala
50. “I grew up in a really small town with not a lot of money, and I liked singing, but it was just something that was a hobby.” — Justin Bieber
51. “As for hobbies, I don’t really read or watch TV. I’m very active. I like surfing, skiing, riding bikes with my kids, and working out with my friends.” ― Tom Brady
52. “I’m always working. Like a lot of creative people I can’t switch off. I can’t disassociate work from pleasure. My job is my hobby.” ― Marc Newson
53. “Things you like to do should be a hobby of yours, but things the world does should be a business of yours.” ― Warren Buffett
54. “I love to paint. It’s more of a hobby, but people love the paintings so much that I end up selling whatever I paint.” ― Grace Gealey
55. “I love to dance so much. It’s one of my guilty pleasures in life and my hobby.” ― Mia Maestro
56. “I love wasting time and learning to lip-sync to songs; it’s a silly hobby of mine.” ― Allison Janney
57. “You have to keep hobbies in L.A. Otherwise, it’s sad.” ― Lake Bell
58. “Everyone needs a hobby, he said. And everyone needs a miracle or two, just to prove life is more than just one long trudge from the cradle to the grave.” ― Stephen King
59. “There are people who make a hobby of telling others what they can do and what they can’t do. I’ve learnt to not listen to those people.” ― Omar Samra
60. “Actually, I have a lot of hobbies, but I’ve kept up with model-building the longest. In particular, I love military models.” ― Akira Toriyama
Which hobby quotes did you enjoy the most?
Most of the quotes above result from the lifetime learning of inspiring personalities in different fields of life.
Hence they serve as our guiding stars.
We have carefully chosen the quotes to give you a remarkable collection.
Hopefully, you found all the above hobbies quotes and sayings worth reading.
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comments section below.