Earl Nightingale was a man who made an amazing life for himself and inspired others to do the same.
A man from truly humble beginnings, these Earl Nightingale quotes will help you hone your talents and motivate you from within!
Nightingale was a gifted motivational speaker, writer and radio personality who focused mainly on the subjects of motivation, human character development, and meaningful existence.
He knew a thing or two about overcoming obstacles and had a passion to improve the lives of other people.
Nightingale wrote and recorded over 7,000 radio programs and 250 audio programs during his lifetime.
In recognition of his work, he was inducted into the National Speakers Association Speaker Hall of Fame as well as The National Association of Broadcasters National Radio Hall of Fame.
He also received the Napoleon Hill Gold Medal for Literary Excellency among other awards.
Nightingale’s life was a tale of determination and perseverance.
Despite his difficult childhood conditions, he ascended to become one of the world’s foremost experts on success and what makes people successful.
He may no longer be with us but his legacy lives on through the millions of lives he impacted.
To empower your thoughts, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting Earl Nightingale quotes, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Famous Earl Nightingale Quotes
1. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. – Earl Nightingale
2. Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us. – Earl Nightingale
3. We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we’ve established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile. – Earl Nightingale
4. Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. – Earl Nightingale
5. Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality. – Earl Nightingale
6. Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations. – Earl Nightingale
7. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination. – Earl Nightingale
8. The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by the company, you own your career! – Earl Nightingale
9. People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going. – Earl Nightingale
10. Your problem is to bridge the gap which exists between where you are now and the goal you intend to reach. – Earl Nightingale
Earl Nightingale Quotes to inspire you to greatness
11. When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Earl Nightingale
12. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale
13. Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind. – Earl Nightingale
14. We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it. – Earl Nightingale
15. You are now, and you do become, what you think about. – Earl Nightingale
Earl Nightingale Quotes
16. Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; wherever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable. – Earl Nightingale
17. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal. – Earl Nightingale
18. Each of us must live off the fruit of his thoughts in the future, because what you think today and tomorrow, next month and next year, you will mold your life and determine your future. You are guided by your mind. – Earl Nightingale
19. A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read. – Earl Nightingale
20. Every one of us is the sum total of his own thoughts – Earl Nightingale
Wise Earl Nightingale Quotes
21. If the grass is greener on the other side it’s probably getting better care – Earl Nightingale
22. Each of us creates his or her own life largely by our attitude. – Earl Nightingale
23. You can control your attitude. Set it each morning – Earl Nightingale
24. It is our attitude toward life that determines life’s attitude toward us. We get back what we put out. – Earl Nightingale
25. Most people begin their day in neutral. They will simply react to whatever confronts them. – Earl Nightingale
Which of these Earl Nightingale quotes is your favorite?
Earl Nightingale was hungry for knowledge from the time he was a young boy.
Though he came from a humble background, he believed that we all have the potential to live a meaningful and successful life if we broaden our visions and keep moving forward.
Nightingale had a unique gift for inspiring others.
Hopefully, his words will inspire and empower you to success and happiness; no matter what obstacles and difficulties come your way.
Did you enjoy these Earl Nightingale quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Feel free to share with us your thoughts in the comment section below.