You will love these The Departed quotes from the hit crime thriller movie!
The Departed is a crime thriller released in 2006 and is a remake of the Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs and the real-life Winter Hill Gang from Boston, Massachusetts.
The movie was met with excellent reviews and won many awards, including four Oscars, Best Director, and many others, as well as numerous nominations.
The Departed was also a hit at the box office, grossing over $291 million against a $90 million budget.
The movie’s plot is in Boston and follows Frank Costello, the Irish Mob boss.
Frank plants one of his men, Colin Sullivan, as a spy in the state police, but unbeknownst to him, at the same time, the state police plants Billy Costigan, an undercover cop in the Irish Mob.
Take a look at these The Departed quotes to learn more about the hit movie.
Classic The Departed quotes
Check out some of these classic quotes from The Departed.
1. “Francis, you really should see somebody.” — Mr. French
2. “No, I gotta get out. I can’t be doing this anymore.” — Billy Costigan
3. “You know if you lied, you would have an easier time getting what you wanted.” — Madolyn
4. “Do you want to be a cop, or do you want to appear to be a cop?” — Queenan
5. “What’s the matter, smarta.., you don’t know any fu..in’ Shakespeare?” — Dignam
6. “One of us had to die. With me, it tends to be the other guy.” — Costello
7. “I’m the guy that tells you there are guys you can hit and there’s guys you can’t.” — Mr. French
8. “I don’t want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.” — Costello
9. “My theory on Feds is that they’re like mushrooms, feed ’em s..t, and keep ’em in the dark.” — Dignam
10. “We deal in deception here. What we do not deal with is self-deception.” — Queenan
Intense The Departed quotes
Take a look at some quotes from intense parts of the movie.
11. “I am killing you.” — Billy Costigan
12. “Do you want him to chop me up and feed me to the poor?” — Billy Costigan
13. “When you’re facing a loaded gun, what’s the difference?” — Costello
14. “I’m the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy.” — Dignam
15. “I’ll get the rat…you just gotta let me do it my way, Frank.” — Colin Sullivan
16. “When I tell you to dump a body in the march, you dump him in the marsh.” — Costello
17. “If you had an idea of what we do, we would not be good at what we do, now would we?” — Dignam
18. “The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me.” — Costello
19. “You pressure me to fear for my life, and I will put a fucking bullet in your head as if you were anybody else. Okay?” — Billy Costigan
20. “In fact, he’d kill seven guys just to cut my throat, and he could do it. That’s maybe something you don’t know about William Costigan, Sr.” — Costello
More of the best Departed quotes
Get more of the taste for the movie in these quotes.
21. “You just can’t trust a guy who acts like he’s got nothing to lose.” — Costello
22. “Just because you play a tough guy doesn’t mean you are one.” — Dignam
23. “When you decide to be something, you can be it.” — Costello
24. “A man makes his own way. No one gives it to you.” — Costello
25. “My theory on Feds is that they’re like mushrooms. Feed ’em sh*t and keep ’em in the dark.” — Dignam
Do the Mob or the State Police Find Their Mole First?
After they are planted, both Costigan and Sullivan find out that the state police and the mob realize they each have a “mole,” and the deadly race is on to find out who it is.
As Sullivan and Costigan race to find the “mole” for their respective groups, they know they will be killed if they are found out.
In the end, the mob wins the race, but both informants die in separate shootings.
Please share these The Departed quotes with friends.
Let us know your favorite quotes in the comments.