The Devil Wears Prada Quotes From the Popular Movie
March 14, 2023 3:12 AM EST
Fans of comedy dramas will love these The Devil Wears Prada quotes!
The Devil Wears Prada is a drama comedy movie released in 2006.
The movie is based on Lauren Weisberger’s 2003 book of the same name and was directed by David Frankel and produced by Wendy Finerman.
The Devil Wears Prada stars Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt, and Stanley Tucci, among other talented actors.
Upon release, the movie received mostly good reviews from critics.
It was a huge success at the box office, where it grossed over $326 million against a $35-$41 million budget.
The plot of the movie follows an aspiring journalist named Andy Sachs that upon her graduation, takes a job in the fashion industry as an assistant to the powerful Miranda Priestly.
Andy’s plan is to put up with Miranda’s demeaning and horrible treatment for one year and then use the job as a springboard to her career as a reporter or writer.
Take a look at these The Devil Wears Prada quotes to learn more about the popular movie.
You will also enjoy our article on Everything Everywhere All at Once quotes.
The Devil Wears Prada Quotes from Miranda
You’ll get a great taste of what Miranda would be like to work with in the following quotes.
1. “You have no sense of fashion.” — Miranda
2. “Please bore someone else with your… questions.” — Miranda
3. “Is there some reason that my coffee isn’t here? Has she died or something?” — Miranda
4. “Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement?” — Miranda
5. “By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.” — Miranda
6. “You chose to get ahead. You want this life.” — Miranda
7. “Oh, don’t be ridiculous. Andrea. Everybody wants this. Everybody wants to be us.” — Miranda
8. “You go to your closet, and you select, I don’t know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you’re trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back.” — Miranda
9. “However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs, and it’s sort of comical how you think that you’ve made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you’re wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.” — Miranda
10. “Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um – more than any of the other silly girls.” — Miranda
The Devil Wears Prada Quotes about Fashion Work
Learn more about the movie in the following quotes.
11. “I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really wants it.” — Nigel
12. “She’s not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or suicidal.” — Andy
13. “A million girls would kill for this job.” — Emily
14. “Same Andy, better clothes.” — Andy
15. “Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. Means it’s time for a promotion.” — Nigel
16. “You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choos, I saw it.” — Emily
17. “Oh, never mind. I’m sure you have plenty more poly-blend where that came from.” — Nigel
18. “I don’t care if she was going to fire you or beat you with a red hot poker, you should’ve said no.” — Emily
19. “You know, I rarely say this to people who… aren’t me, but you have got to calm down!” — Emily
20. “That’s what this multi-billion dollar industry is all about anyway, isn’t it? Inner beauty.” — Nigel
21. “I couldn’t do what you did to Nigel, Miranda. I couldn’t do something like that.” — Nigel
22. “But what if this isn’t what I want? I mean, what if I don’t wanna live the way you live?” — Andy
23. “Who is that sad little person? Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don’t know about?” — Nigel
24. “Well, I don’t eat anything, and when I feel like I’m about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” — Emily
25. “I don’t know what else I can do because if I do something right, it’s unacknowledged. She doesn’t even say thank you. But if I do something wrong, she is vicious.” — Andy
What Happens to Andy’s Career?
Andy ends up getting caught up in the fashion industry and becomes the replica of everything she despises about the fashion industry.
After her boyfriend leaves her because of these changes and she sees who she has become, she abruptly quits in order to pursue her career as a journalist.
Please share these The Devil Wears Prada quotes with your friends who love drama comedies and post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.