These grandchildren quotes express the joys of having grandchildren. They will remind you why children are one of the best sources of happiness.
Being a grandparent can be a magical experience. Children are extraordinary and charming creatures who remind us daily about the innocence of life we seemed to have long ago forgotten.
What makes grandchildren so special?
After we’ve grown up and raised our own children, it can be hard to remember the simple joys of childhood we used to know. Having grandchildren is a great reminder of that joy, because as a grandparent you do not have to worry about the stressful parts of parenthood. Instead, you’re free to enjoy the grand experiences of grandparenthood.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and happy grandchildren quotes and sayings, collected from various sources over the years.
Grandchildren quotes about love
1. “Children are the rainbow of life. Grandchildren are the pot of gold.” ― Irish Blessing
2. “The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.” — Doug Larson
3. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley
4. “The best babysitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” — Dave Barry
5. “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” — Jimmy Carter
Wise grandchildren quotes
6. “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” – Lois Wyse
7. “For the sake of our health, our children and grandchildren and even our economic well-being, we must make protecting the planet our top priority.” – David Suzuki
8. “The grandchildren should not bear the debts of the grandparents.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
9. “You better arm yourselves to answer your children’s and grandchildren’s questions… no matter what the question is… without being judgmental.” – Josh McDowell
10. “If we care about the children, the grandchildren, the future generations, we need to make sure that they do not become the cannon fodder of the future.” – Helen Thomas
11. Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” ― Lois Wyse
12. “Have children while your parents are still young enough to take care of them.” — Rita Rudner
13. “Something magical happens when parents turns into grandparents. Their attitude changes from “money-doesn’t-grow-on-trees” to spending it like it does.” — Paul Linden
14. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” – Joyce Allston
15. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault
16. “Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.” — Janet Lanese
Also read these inspirational grandpa quotes to share with your loved ones.
Heartwarming grandchildren quotes
17. “Grandchildren give us a second chance to do things better because they bring out the best in us.” – Unknown
18. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” – Lois Wyse
19. “With your own children, you love them immediately – and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.” – Kevin Whately
20. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.”
– Joy Hargrove
Funny grandchildren quotes
21. “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” – Andy Rooney
22. “Never have children, only grandchildren.” – Gore Vidal
23. “Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.” – Jane Smiley
24. “A home filled with grandchildren is a home filled with love.” – Unknown
25. “My grandkids believe I’m the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.” – Gene Perret
26. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.“
– Gene Perret
27. “Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents.” – Gene Perret
28. “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that is why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.” ― Joan McIntosh
29. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
30. “Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.” ― Jane Smiley
More hilarious grandchildren quotes
31. “The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” — Sam Levenson
32. “Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing your kids.” — Tony Campolo
33. “An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly.” — Gene Perret
34. “If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you’re the grandma.” Teresa Bloomingdale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of baby quotes that new parents can relate to.
35. “On the seventh day God rested. His grandchildren must have been out of town.” — Gene Perret
36. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” — Gene Perret
37. “Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS.” — Gene Perret
38. “You’re more trouble than the children are” is the greatest compliment a grandparent can receive.” —Gene Perret
Don’t forget to also read these memorable childhood quotes that will make you connect with your inner child.
Grandchildren quotes to enrich your life
39. “To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid.” — Robert Brault
40. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.” — Marcy DeMaree
41. “Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends — and hardly ever our own grown children.” — Ruth Goode
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sibling quotes to cherish your BFF by blood!
42. “The feeling of grandparents for their grandchildren can be expressed this way: “Our children are dear to us; but when we have grandchildren, they seem to be more dear than our children were.” — Henry Old Coyote
43. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born.” ― Welsh Proverb
44. “With your own children, you love them immediately― and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.” ― Kevin Whately
45. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” — Lois Wyse
46. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” — Lois Wyse
Did these grandchildren quotes warm your heart?
With grandchildren comes all the love and you felt with your own child, but none of the stress and fears. You don’t have to worry about raising them right, because you know you’ve already raised your own child to do that for you. Instead, you are free to play and spoil your grandchildren to your hearts delight.
Having grandchildren is to have someone who will always love you, no matter what. It is having a daily reminder of the miracle that life is. And becoming a grandparent is opening a new chapter of adventures in the story of your life.
Did these loving grandchildren quotes bring you joy? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 19, 2020 7:00 AM EST