Funny Sixteen Candles Quotes
January 27, 2023 2:36 AM EST
Fans of classic coming-of-age movies will love these Sixteen Candles quotes!
Sixteen Candles was directed by John Hughes.
It was the first movie of several that Hughes directed focusing on teenage life.
Sixteen Candles is a movie released in 1984 and is a comedy that focuses on the coming of age of a teenage girl named Samantha, that goes by “Sam.”
The movie stars Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Michael Schoeffling, and Haviland Morris, among others.
The movie did well at the box office, bringing in $23.6 million against a $6.5 million budget.
The plot follows Sam, who is excited by her sixteenth birthday, but when her family forgets her birthday and her crush, Jake, ignores her, she feels neglected and unwanted.
Check out these Sixteen Candles quotes to learn more about the movie!
You will also enjoy our article on Never Have I Ever quotes from the coming-of-age series.
Funny Sixteen Candles Quotes
Check out these hilarious quotes from the movie!
1. “Can I borrow your underpants for 10 minutes?” – The Geek
2. “What’s happenin’, hot stuff?” – Long Duk Dong
3. “Thanks for getting my undies back.” – Sam
4. “Dad, she’s got her period. Should make for an interesting honeymoon, huh?” – Mike Baker
5. “I can’t believe my Grandmother actually felt me up.” – Sam
6. “No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!” – Long Duk Dong
7. “I mean, I’ve had men who’ve loved me before, but not for six months in a row.” – Ginny
8. “I loathe the bus. There has to be a more dignified mode of transportation” – Sam
9. “Last night at the dance, my little brother paid a buck to see your underwear.” – Randy
10. “Yes, three big ones, so quit bugging me, or I’ll sic them all over your sorry face.” – Sam
Memorable Sixteen Candles Quotes
You are sure to remember these great quotes from the movie!
11. “I want a serious girlfriend. Somebody I can love, that’s gonna love me back.” – Jake
12. “Her monthly bill came early. Well, she’s fine; she just took a muscle relaxer.” – Brenda Baker
13. “Why do you think you’re a dork? I don’t think you’re a dork.” – Jim Baker
14. “Y’know, any halfway decent girl can rob me blind because I’m too torqued up to say no.” – The Geek
15. “Are you the little bugger that’s been calling up here all night and then hanging up?” – Howard
16. “Donger’s here for five hours, and he’s got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I’m like a disease.” – Sam
17. “Let me keep these; I’ll let you take Caroline home. But you gotta make sure she gets home.” – Jake
18. “Jake, would I dick you? Let me put it to you this way, what happens to me if I dick you?” – The Geek
19. “Yeah, but the thing is, I’m kinda like the leader, you know? Kinda like the king of the dipshits.” – The Geek
20. “That’s why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they’d call ’em something else.” – Jim Baker
Do Things Get Better For Sam?
After having to attend the dance with a foreign exchange student that ditches her, Sam is left by herself.
A freshman trying to prove he is cool wants to get some action with Sam, but when he sees how upset she is, he tells her that Jake has been asking about her.
After a series of funny and misunderstood circumstances, Jake finds Sam, and they end the movie with a kiss.
Please share these Sixteen Candles quotes and sayings with your family and friends.
Share your favorite quote in the comment section below.