If you like scary stories, The Haunting of Hill House quotes below are for you.
Can you imagine a horror television series that is complimented by none other than horror author Stephen King?
It lets you know just how good it really is.
And that’s exactly what happened with the television series The Haunting of Hill House.
The show is loosely based on the novel of the same name that is part of The Haunting series by author Shirley Jackson.
The premise of the show is that there is a family that lived at Hill House and was working to remodel it.
While they lived there they began to experience all kinds of paranormal behavior.
Although they all leave the house after a tragic accident, the events of the time continue to haunt them well into the future.
Enjoy The Haunting of Hill House quotes below.
Don’t forget to also check out these Bloodline quotes capturing the dark family drama.
The Haunting of Hill House quotes by Olivia
1. “It’s just a house.” — Olivia
2. “It’s all about how we feel when we’re young. Doesn’t ever really change.” — Olivia
3. “I want to wake up. So badly. Why can’t I wake up?” — Olivia
4. “Journeys don’t end. Not if you love someone. They don’t end at all.” — Olivia
5. “All those colors. They’re all gone now, Hugh. And there’s only one left. I’m scared. That’s all I am. There’s nothing left. I’m only scared.” — Olivia
6. “When you’re little, you learn how to see things that aren’t there. And when you grow up, you learn how to make them real.” — Olivia
7. “When we die, we turn into stories; and every time someone tells one of those stories, it’s like we’re still here for them. We’re all stories in the end.” — Olivia
8. “A house is like a person’s body. The walls are like bones, the pipes are veins, it needs to breathe, it needs light and flow, and it all works together to keep us safe and healthy inside.” — Olivia
9. “I was all the things, all the familiar things. I was stressed and excited and content and motivated and concerned and exhausted and annoyed. And grounded and nervous and creative and proud and all of the things. But all those colors, they’re all gone now, Hugh. And there’s only one left. I’m scared. That’s all I am. There’s nothing else. I’m only scared.” — Olivia
The Haunting of Hill House quotes by Shirley
10. “Fear and guilt are sisters.” — Shirley
11. “To learn what we fear is to learn who we are. Horror defies our boundaries and illuminates our souls.” — Shirley
12. “No, the menace of the supernatural is that it attacks where modern minds are weakest, where we have abandoned our protective armor of superstition and have no substitute defense.” — Shirley
13. “All I could think of when I got a look at the place from the outside was what fun it would be to stand out there and watch it burn down.” — Shirley
14. “I told you. I told you she was in trouble. I told you to find her. I told you!” — Shirley
15. “Fear is the relinquishment of logic, the willing relinquishing of reasonable patterns. We yield to it or we fight it, but we cannot meet it halfway.” — Shirley
16. “It was a house without kindness, never meant to be lived in, not a fit place for people or for love or for hope. Exorcism cannot alter the countenance of a house; Hill House would stay as it was until it was destroyed.” — Shirley
The Haunting of Hill House quotes by Steven
17. “I’ve seen a lot of ghosts. Just not the way you think.” — Steven
18. “A ghost can be a lot of things. A memory, a daydream, a secret. Grief, anger, guilt. But, in my experience, most times they’re just what we want to see.” — Steven
19. “No live organism can continue to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.” — Steven
20. “Just because someone is a good person. Just because you care about them doesn’t mean they won’t burn you.” — Steven
21. “There’s natural phenomena that we understand and there’s natural phenomena that we don’t. Primitive humans used to die of fright during an eclipse. They had no idea what it was. The eye of an angry god. An evil spirit. Nothing supernatural about it, though. Once we understood what it was, well, it was just natural.” — Steven
22. “Hill House, not sane, stands against its hills holding darkness within. It has stood so for a hundred years and might stand a hundred more. Within, walls continue upright, bricks meet neatly, floors are firm, and doors are sensibly shut. Silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House. And those who walk there, walk together.” — Steven
23. “All those years trying to understand what happened in that house, you know what I never found? A reason.” — Steven
The Haunting of Hill House quotes by Nell
24. “Forgiveness is warm. Like a tear on a cheek.” — Nell
25. “He was dead. He was dead, and she was back.” — Nell
Which of these The Haunting of Hill House quotes is your favorite?
The first series was a one-season series being based on the novel.
However, there was a follow-up to the original series called The Haunting of Bly Manor.
It casts a lot of the same actors and actresses but they play different roles.
It was well-received by audiences but most believe it’s not quite as scary as the first one.
If you love to read and watch anything that scares you, then this is a series you may want to binge on.
You can also read through The Haunting of Hill House quotes and lines above to see how they compare to the television series.
So grab your popcorn, turn down the lights, stream the series and get ready to be scared.
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST