These Robert Downey Jr. quotes will make you want to rewatch his best films.
Robert Downey Jr. is an internationally famous actor and producer.
This movie star is best known for his role as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and is also beloved for his work in films like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Tropic Thunder.
You’ll love these Robert Downey Jr quotes if you’re a fan of this talented actor.
There’s a lot of wisdom to be found in this collection of Robert Downey Jr movie quotes, interview responses, and insightful thoughts about life.
Even if you’ve never seen a Robert Downey Jr. movie before, you’re probably still familiar with his career.
His celebrity status and presence in the media is legendary.
The best savage quotes from RDJ are both funny and thought-provoking.
These Robert Downey Jr dialogues and quotes will uplift your spirit and brighten your day.
Don’t forget to also check out these Iron Man quotes from the Marvel icon.
Robert Downey Jr quotes to brighten your day
1. “Life is just so painful and messy and hard and worth it and all that stuff.” – Robert Downey Jr
2. “I think you end up doing the stuff you were supposed to do at the time you were supposed to do it.” – Robert Downey Jr
3. “The lesson is that you can still make mistakes and be forgiven.” – Robert Downey Jr
4. “It’s hard to get out of the barrel. It’s slippery around the edges and people are happy to see you fall back in.” – Robert Downey Jr
5. “I’ve noticed that worrying is like praying for what you don’t want to happen.” – Robert Downey Jr
6. “Discipline for me is about respect. It’s not even about self-respect; it’s about respect for life and all it offers.” – Robert Downey Jr
7. “I think that we all do heroic things, but hero is not a noun, it’s a verb.” – Robert Downey Jr
8. “Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough.” – Robert Downey Jr
9. “I have a sense of destiny that you are led to the things you are supposed to do.” – Robert Downey Jr
10. “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” – Robert Downey Jr
Robert Downey Jr quotes that will inspire you to be a hero in your own ways
11. “I don’t need an Iron Man suit. I’m already a weapon of mass seduction.” – Robert Downey Jr
12. “Nothing’s a break for me. Not even the breaks are breaks.” – Robert Downey Jr
13. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr
14. “Don’t do anything I would do, and definitely don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. There’s a little grey area there, and that’s where you operate.” – Robert Downey Jr
15. “Sometimes you just gotta be drop-kicked out of the nest.” – Robert Downey Jr
16. “I always think part of success is being able to replicate results, taking what is interesting or viable about yourself as a professional person, and seeing if you bring it into different situations with similar results.” – Robert Downey Jr
17. “Look, even bad years are pretty good years I think.” – Robert Downey Jr
18. “I know very little about acting. I’m just an incredibly gifted faker.” – Robert Downey Jr
19. “Nothing pleases me more than when somebody who was awe-inspired to be working with me realizes I’m just another schmuck that they’re bored of hanging out with on a set. I love that moment. I like it when that persistent illusion is smashed.” – Robert Downey Jr
20. “I’m very good at deconstructing. I’m a very good troubleshooter for why something is unlikely to work. And most everything is unlikely to work.” – Robert Downey Jr
Robert Downey Jr quotes that will uplift your spirit
21. “Mediocrity is my biggest fear. I’m not afraid of total failure because I don’t think that will happen. I’m not afraid of success because that beats the hell out of failure. It’s being in the middle that scares me.” – Robert Downey Jr
22. “I was kind of like chasing my tail and trying to do the right thing and was a little bit stupid. Or irresponsible, which is the same thing I guess. It’s just been really busy and I had a lot of great opportunities.” – Robert Downey Jr
23. “Oh, I don’t drink these days. I’m allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs.” – Robert Downey Jr
24. “It’s interesting when you’re old enough to take a new, objective approach looking at your parents, frame them in a way where you are actually taking yourself out of the equation and just look at the things that are true about their life.” – Robert Downey Jr
25. “In movies, people seem to be more emotional than they would ever be if that situation was actually happening to them.” – Robert Downey Jr
26. “Whenever I watch someone doing something, even if it doesn’t turn out so great, I at least admire their intentions and stuff.” – Robert Downey Jr
27. “I’ve always felt that if you’re not on your side, why should anyone else be. So I always encourage people to be confident, and sometimes even a little falsely so, just so you can give yourself an opportunity.” – Robert Downey Jr
28. “All I want, and I think all any parent with a semblance of a moral psychology wants, is for my kid to have his own experience, uninhibited.” – Robert Downey Jr
29. “I’ve always been a fella who put most of my eggs in one basket and then take a dump in the basket but I really don’t know.” – Robert Downey Jr
30. “Does any new parent, even if you’re not a first-time parent, ever really know what to do?” – Robert Downey Jr
Robert Downey Jr quotes to motivate you
31. “You experience things and then they’re over, and you still can’t explain them.” – Robert Downey Jr
32. “I take some pride in… representing myself exactly how I would like to have my son remember me to his kids.” – Robert Downey Jr
33. “To me, friendship means loving tolerance.” – Robert Downey Jr
34. “In the marathon obstacle course of a career, it’s just good to have all the stats on paper for why you’re not only a team player but also why it makes sense to support you in the projects you want to do – because you’ve made so much damned money for the studio.” – Robert Downey Jr
35. “I’ve always just shown up and tried to figure out what’s for lunch and am I going to get to play some racquetball that night.” – Robert Downey Jr
36. “When you have a good script you’re almost in more trouble than when you have a terrible script.” – Robert Downey Jr
37. “I understand reversal of fortune; that usually has come through my own hand, but you know, you live life on life’s terms.” – Robert Downey Jr
38. “I’m coming from a place of total strength and humility now.” – Robert Downey Jr
39. “If someone really takes a risk, it doesn’t get dismissed. That’s what happened when the Oscar was won posthumously by Heath Ledger, who did one of the definitive villain performances of all time. But it really has to be exceptional in defining everything we previously knew about the actress or the actor.” – Robert Downey Jr
40. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway.” – Robert Downey Jr
More Robert Downey Jr quotes
41. “I guess the issue for me is to keep things dynamic.” – Robert Downey Jr
42. “People rise out of the ashes because, at some point, they are invested with a belief in the possibility of triumph over seemingly impossible odds.” – Robert Downey Jr
43. “I think it’s miraculous that anybody survives themselves.” – Robert Downey Jr
44. “There’s somewhere you’re supposed to go, and if you get quiet enough, you’ll make it.” – Robert Downey Jr
45. “I know who I am. I’m the dude playin’ the dude, disguised as another dude!” – Robert Downey Jr
46. “One thing about how the media likes to show us at our worst is, you figure why be on best behavior all the time when all it takes is one slip-up?” – Robert Downey Jr
47. “The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.” – Robert Downey Jr
48. “I want to give myself the freedom not to have to be projecting my whole life ahead.” – Robert Downey Jr
49. “Job one is to get out of that cave. A lot of people do get out but don’t change.” – Robert Downey Jr
50. “I’ve always felt like an outsider in this industry. Because I’m so insane I guess.” – Robert Downey Jr
51. “The old saying is true, behind every good man theres an incredible woman.” – Robert Downey, Jr.
What are your favorite funny RDJ quotes about life, love, and movies?
These Robert Downey Jr movie quotes and personal quips will give you exclusive insight into his perspective on life.
As one of the most iconic celebrities in the world, RDJ has a unique view of the world.
Reading this collection of funny RDJ quotes will remind you of the actor’s sense of humor as well as his strength and resilience.
If you ever need motivation to carry on with a smile, these words of wisdom can guide you.
Many people love Robert Downey Jr. for his embodiment of the Iron Man character.
Watching this superhero on screen is an exciting experience that can boost your own courage and strength.
Share these RDJ quotes with your loved ones to brighten their day.
What are your favorite Robert Downey Jr savage quotes that make you laugh?
Let us know in the comment section below.
January 14, 2021 7:00 AM EST