These Blazing Saddles quotes will make you laugh the whole way through.
The Mel Brooks comedy, Blazing Saddles, is famous for one liners that toe the line. In the western parody, no one is safe from being burned as the jokes attack at everyone.
Despite the film’s intention of making fun of racists (and everyone else), the language in many of the quotes gave the film a reputation of being racist itself. While the language may have been in good nature at the time, a film like Blazing Saddles wouldn’t survive the box office in the modern era.
Still, Blazing Saddles is an outrageous film that will make you laugh the whole way through. These are some of the best quotes from the film’s best characters.
Also check out these memorable Monty Python and the Holy Grail quotes.
Blazing Saddles quotes from Jim
1. “My name is Jim. But most people call me… Jim.” – Jim
2. “What did you expect? “Welcome, sonny?” “Make yourself at home?” “Marry my daughter?” You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.” – Jim
3. “It got so that every pissant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must’ve killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. Got pretty gritty. Started hearing the word “draw” in my sleep. Then one day, I was walking down the street when I heard someone shout, “Reach for it, mister!” I turned around to see who it was, and there I was, standing face-to-face…with a 6-year-old kid. I just put my guns down and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the *ss!” – Jim
4. “No. Don’t do that, don’t do that. If you shoot him you’ll just make him mad.” – Jim
Blazing Saddles quotes from Bart
5. “He was nothing, the bitch was inventing the Candy Gram and they probably won’t even give me credit for it.” – Bart
6. “Excuse me while I whip this out.” – Bart
7. “Hold it! Next man makes a move, the n***** gets it!” – Bart
8. “Sir, he specifically requested two n******. Well, to tell the family secret, my grandmother was Dutch.” – Bart
9. “Watch that “boy” sh*t, redneck! You’re talkin’ to the sheriff of Rock Ridge!” – Bart
10. “I hate to disappoint you, ma’am, but you’re suckin’ on my arm!” – Bart
11. “Gentlemen, affairs of state must take precedent over… affairs of state.” – Bart
You might also like these quotes from Wedding Crashers.
Blazing Saddles quotes from Hedley Lamarr
12. “Chewing gum on line, eh? I hope you brought enough for everybody.” – Hedley Lamarr
13. “My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into waterfall of creative alternative….” – Hedley Lamarr
14. “I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh*t-kickers and Methodists.” – Hedley Lamarr
15. “There might be a legal precedent. Land snatching. L-l-land. See snatch.”- Hedley Lamarr
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of hilarious Minion quotes from the movie.
Blazing Saddles quotes from Lili Von Shtupp
16. “Hello handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show.” – Lili Von Shtupp
17. “Tell me, ‘Tex ma’am,’ are you in show business? Well then why don’t you get your fwiggin’ feet off the stage!”- Lili Von Shtupp
18. “A wed wose… how womantic.” – Lili Von Shtupp
19. “Why don’t you, uh…loosen your bullets?” – Lili Von Shtupp
Also read these funny Doctor Who quotes.
Blazing Saddles quotes from other characters
20. “Oh Lord! Do we have the strength to pull off this mighty task in one night…or are we just jerking off?” – Reverend Johnson
21. “Mongo only pawn in the game of life.” – Mongo
22. “God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty-dollar whore.” – Taggart
23. “Le Petomane Thruway?! Now, what’ll that *sshole think of next? Does anybody got a dime? Somebody’s gotta go back and get a sh*tload of dimes!” – Taggart
24. “Horses? We cain’t afford t’lose no horses, you dummy! Send over a couple’a n******.” – Taggart
25. “Come on, boys! The way you’re lollygaggin’ around here with them picks and them shovels, you’d think it was a hundert an’ twenty degrees…! Can’t be more than a hundert an’ fourteen!” – Lyle
Don’t forget to also read these beautiful Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss.
Did these Blazing Saddles quotes make you laugh?
If you’re a Mel Brooks’ fan, Blazing Saddles is probably one of your favorite movies. While there are moments that make the film a product of its time, the film is still bursting with hilarious one-liners spoken by memorable characters.
In the 46 years since Blazing Saddles was released, it has become a comedy classic. Generations have grown up with stiches in their sides from the laughs inflicted on them by this comedy gem.
February 17, 2020 7:00 AM EST