These Lorax quotes will remind you that positive change can only happen when we finally begin to care enough.
If you’re unfamiliar with the book, The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, it’s a children’s book that showcases the manmade harm done to the environment in a somewhat whimsical way.
While the book addresses the harsh realities of the damage that business structure and the way humans live is draining on our natural resources and the environment as a whole, Dr. Seuss shares the message through his creative characters and storytelling.
The Lorax was published in 1971 and it is believed that a Monterey cypress in La Jolla, California was the inspiration for the book.
The childlike way in which the message is shared has helped it to be spread by many and used in schools to teach children the importance of caring for the world around us.
The book was listed as one of the “Teachers’ Top 100 Books for Children” based on a 2007 online poll by the National Education Association.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dr. Seuss quotes on happiness, gratitude, and Success.
The Lorax quotes to inspire you
1. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” – The Once-ler
2. “A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.” – The Lorax
3. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax
4. “I speak for the trees! Let them grow! Let them grow!” – The Lorax
5. “I meant no harm. I most truly did not. But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got.” – The Lorax
The Lorax quotes about trees
6. “That’s not just a seed any more than you’re not just a boy.” – The Once-ler
7. “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – The Lorax
8. “Did you chop down this tree?” – The Lorax
9. “Come on Ted, dance with the tree!” – Ted’s Mom
10. “This tree comes in all four seasons. Winter, summer, fall, and… disco!!” – Ted’s Mom
11. “I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please!” – The Lorax
12. “Look, everyone here needs trees and you’re chopping them down! So, we’ve got a big problem.” – The Lorax
13. “She is not some girl, she’s a woman. In high school. And she loves trees. And I’m gonna get her one.” – Ted
The Lorax quotes that will make you laugh
14. “Who invited the giant, furry peanut?” – Aunt Grizelda
15. “You callin’ me a peanut, huh? I’ll go right up your nose!” – The Lorax
16. “I’m playing poker, he’s playing goldfish, and I think he’s hungry.” – The Lorax
17. “I’m Frankenstein’s head on a spider’s body!” – O’Hare
The Lorax Quotes that are intriguing
18. “You have been warned!” – The Lorax
19. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” – The Once-ler
20. “Oh! How nice to see someone so…undisturbed by…REALITY.” – The Once-ler
21. “What I want more than anything in the whole world is to see a real living tree, growing in my backyard.” – Audrey
22. “That’s it. The very last one. That may stop you.” – The Lorax
23. “Breakfast is overrated.” – The Lorax
24. “I’m going to eat this, but I’m highly offended by it.” – The Lorax
Which of these Lorax quotes is your favorite?
It’s easy to start going through our busy days without thinking much about the impact that our actions are having on the world around us.
Just like what happened in the story.
But after the last tree was cut down and the natural resources were used up, the character in the book was forced to think about what happened.
This was when the message from the Lorax came through and he finally understood that positive change would only happen when he finally began to care enough.
Read the book or watch the movie, and get motivated to look at what changes you can make in your daily life to care for the natural environment around you.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Lorax quotes and lines?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 25, 2022 11:19 AM EST