These Lorax quotes will remind you that positive change can only happen when we finally begin to care enough.
If you’re unfamiliar with the book, The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, it’s a book that showcases the manmade harm done to the environment in a somewhat whimsical way.
While the book addresses the harsh realities of the damage that business structure and the way humans live is draining on our natural resources and the environment as a whole, Dr. Seuss shares the message through his creative characters and storytelling.
The childlike way in which the message is shared has helped it to be spread by many and used in schools to teach children the importance of caring for the world around us.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dr. Seuss quotes on happiness, gratitude and Success.
The Lorax quotes to inspire you
1. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” – The Once-ler
2. “A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.” – The Lorax
3. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax
4. “I speak for the trees! Let them grow! Let them grow!” – The Lorax
5. “I meant no harm. I most truly did not. But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got.” – The Lorax
The Lorax quotes about trees
6. “What I want more than anything in the whole world is to see a real living tree, growing in my backyard.” – Audrey
7. “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – The Lorax
8. “I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please!” – The Lorax
9. “Come on Ted, dance with the tree!” – Ted’s Mom
10. “This tree comes in all four seasons. Winter, summer, fall, and… disco!!” – Ted’s Mom
11. “Did you chop down this tree?” – The Lorax
12. “Those are trees. Real ones. They used to grow all around here. And people said that the touch of their tufts was softer than anything, even silk. And they smelled like butterfly milk.” – Audrey
13. “Did you chop down this tree?” – The Lorax
14. “Look, everyone here needs trees and you’re chopping them down! So, we’ve got a big problem.” – The Lorax
15. “She is not some girl, she’s a woman. In high school. And she loves trees. And I’m gonna get her one.” – Ted
The Lorax quotes that will make you laugh
16. “’Cause when a guy does something stupid once, well that’s because he’s a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that’s usually to impress some girl.” – The Once-ler
17. “Who invited the giant, furry peanut?” – Aunt Grizelda
18. “You callin’ me a peanut, huh? I’ll go right up your nose!” – The Lorax
19. “I’m playing poker, he’s playing goldfish, and I think he’s hungry.” – The Lorax
20. “I’m Frankenstein’s head on a spider’s body!” – O’Hare
The Lorax Quotes that are intriguing
21. “You have been warned!” – The Lorax
22. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” – The Once-ler
23. “Oh! How nice to see someone so…undisturbed by…REALITY.” – The Once-ler
24. “That’s not just a seed any more than you’re not just a boy.” – The Once-ler
25. “That’s it. The very last one. That may stop you.” – The Lorax
More The Lorax quotes
26. “Breakfast is overrated.” – The Lorax
27. “Now that’s a thneed! Nothing unmanly about knitting. No sir!” – The Once-ler
28. “Leave! Vacate the premises! Take your axe and get out!” – The Lorax
29. “I could just kiss you right now!” – Audrey
30. “I’m going to eat this, but I’m highly offended by it.” – The Lorax
Which of these Lorax quotes is your favorite?
It’s easy to start going through our busy days without thinking much about the impact that our actions are having on the world around us. Just like what happened in the story.
But after the last tree was cut down and the natural resources were used up, the character in the book was forced to think about what happened. This was when the message from the Lorax came through and he finally understood that positive change would only happen when he finally began to care enough.
Read the book or watch the movie, and get motivated to look at what changes you can make in your daily life to care for the natural environment around you.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Lorax quotes and lines? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 12, 2020 7:00 AM EST