The moon, the sun, the stars and the clouds, all will speak directly to your soul with these lovely sky quotes.
1. “The sky takes on shades of orange during Sunrise and Sunset. The color that gives you hope, that Sun will set, only to rise again.” — Ram Charan
2. “The sky is an infinite movie to me. I never get tired of looking at what’s happening up there.” – K. D. Lang
3. “Aim for the sky, but move slowly, enjoying every step along the way. It is all those little steps, that makes the journey complete.” — Chanda Kochhar
4. “Smell the sea and feel the sky, Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
5. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
6. “The sky is honestly the limit, so I’m excited to see what the future holds.” – Carmella
7. “In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.” – Gautama Buddha
8. “I love to work out under a clear sky with lots of fresh air purifying my lungs.” – Nushrat Bharucha
9. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.” – Arna Bontemps
10. “There was always something new to be seen in the unchanging night sky.” – Fritz Leiber
In life, inspiration can come from many different sources. You can find inspiration in so many places – big or small. When seeking for inspiration, many people often look to the sky.
The sky inspires us in many ways. Besides holding ground for the heavens, the sky suggests optimism, dreaming, peace, strength, and a connection with the atmosphere and the universe at large.
If you’re a dreamer, you can look to the sky as you search for a better place. You’ll be inspired to march towards your goals and dreams of success while wide awake.
For the optimists, the sky reminds us that all things are possible. It’s a promise for new undertakings and represents the blank slate given by life to craft your life story. Even during the bleak times, the sky provides reason for optimism.
Whenever you need a touch of inspiration to reignite the fire in your soul, look up to the power of the sky. In that respect, below is our collection of inspirational, fascinating, and uplifting sky quotes, sky sayings, and sky proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. And don’t forget one of the sky’s most breathtaking offerings, the sun! Check out our beautiful sunset quotes for an additional fix. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read our collection of inspirational rainbow quotes that will help bring hope and positive energy in your day.
Uplifting Sky Quotes For Those Who Marvel The World Above
Sky quotes that will inspire you to look up and stay positive
11. “We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.” – Konrad Adenauer
12. “Unclose your mind. You are not a prisoner. You are a bird in flight, searching the skies for dreams.” – Haruki Murakami
13. “I always believe that the sky is the beginning of the limit.” — MC Hammer
14. “The sky is the part of creation in which nature has done for the sake of pleasing man.” – John Ruskin
15. “The sky is the source of light in nature – and governs everything.” – John Constable
16. “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields, has the power to move you, if the simple things of Nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” — Eleonora Duse
17. “A sky as pure as water bathed the stars and brought them out.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
18. “I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings.” – Gustave Flaubert
19. “A cloudless plain blue sky is like a flowerless garden.” – Terri Guillemets
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of garden quotes about the power of nature.
20. “Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.” – Henry David Thoreau
Also check out these heaven quotes that inspire kindness.
Sky quotes to help you see the endless opportunities around you
21. “No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky.” – Llewelyn Powys
22. “Meet me where the sky touches the sea. Wait for me where the world begins.” – Jennifer Donnelly
23. “The sky, a perfect empty canvas, offers clouds nonetheless. They shift and drift and beg interpretation… such is the nature of art.” – Jeb Dickerson
24. “Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets, need cloudy skies.” — Paulo Coelho
25. “Look at your feet. You are standing in the sky. When we think of the sky, we tend to look up, but the sky actually begins at the earth.” – Diane Ackerman
26. “Only from the heart can you touch the sky.” – Rumi
27. “The sky was incredibly far away, and beautiful enough to make a person wonder why our hearts are never so free.” – Banana Yoshimoto
28. “In the sky an infinitude of hope, a canvas of glory—all possibilities mine.” – Terri Guillemets
29. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved, by the letting of a little water.” — Christo Morley
30. “The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sky quotes to help you reach your highest potential
31. “Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
32. “And they were canopied by the blue sky, So cloudless, clear, and purely beautiful,That God alone was to be seen in Heaven.” – Lord Byron
33. “Don’t let one cloud obliterate the whole sky.” – Anais Nin
34. “The sky and the strong wind have moved the spirit inside me till I am carried away trembling with joy.” – Uvavnuk
35. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
36. “The sky is the limit. You never have the same experience twice.” – Frank McCourt
37. “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” – Mia Kirshner
38. “For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.” – Vincent Van Gogh
39. “It is written on the arched sky; it looks out from every star. It is the poetry of Nature; it is that which uplifts the spirit within us.” – John Ruskin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short uplifting quotes that inspire positivity.
40. “Even when the sky is filled with clouds, the Sun still shines above.” — Janet Donaghy
Have you seen these wise rain quotes to lift your spirits?
Beautiful and inspirational quotes about the sky
41. “Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours.” – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
42. “The sky is the ultimate art gallery just above us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.” ― Victor Hugo
44. “The night sky is a miracle of infinitude.” – Terri Guillemets
45. “We shall find peace. We shall hear angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.” – Anton Chekhov
46. “Imagine there’s no heaven, it’s easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people living for today…” – John Lennon
47. “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.” ― Pema Chödrön (see more quotes from Pema Chödrön)
48. “The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of God shine through.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
49. “Day holds the sky with big blue arms Until the sun sends her off into evening With a grateful blaze of vibrant colors.” – Terri Guillemets
50. “I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” – E. E. Cummings
Sky quotes to broaden your thoughts
51. “We have chased away the clouds, the sky is all ‘rose.'” – Francois Hollande
52. “Moment the sky embraces the earth is called a rainbow.”― Corina Abdulahm Negura
53. “Mind is the second sky on earth, full of mysteries!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
54. “Every cloud comes adrifting across the sky to tell us its story!”― Avijeet Das
55. “Don’t need a magic carpet to soar or wings to fly. I simply close my eyes and place my soul against the sky.”― Melody Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
56. “You can never have too much sky. You can fall asleep and wake up drunk on sky, and sky can keep you safe when you are sad.”― Cisneros Sandra
57. “O sky above me, you modest, glowing sky! O you, my happiness before sunrise! Day is coming: so let us part!”― Friedrich Nietzsche
58. “I would rather have sunshine and wind and sky adorn my head than a handsome bonnet.”― Julianne Donaldson
59. “Do you see how the sky holds the sun?
In a powerful but effortless way that shows off her beauty and strength?
That’s how a King holds his Queen.”― J.A. ANUM
60. “Life is the night sky, all the dots of stars are happiness.”― Richard L. Ratliff
Also read these airplane quotes and sayings about flying and travel.
Sky quotes to inspire and motivate you
61. “No matter how tough my life was, I was always looking up at the sky and wishing for good things.” – Mahira Khan
62. “To touch the sky, you just have to get that little bit closer.”― Anthony T. Hincks
63. “Our mind is a limitless sky and we can only be an albatross flying in the vast expanse to occasionally discover the joys of sublimity!”― Avijeet Das
64. “The sky was so thick with stars it was as if he could reach out and brush them with his hand.”― Justin Cronin
65. “Sky is proud of its bright stars; earth is proud of its bright minds!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
66. “The sky wraps us in a chilled blanket of milky stars.”― Charlotte Menke
67. “The morning sky is a thought of the stars.”― Will Advise
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
68. “We touch the sky, not to soar above the clouds, but to show respect to the earth beneath our feet.”― Anthony T. Hincks
69. “Let the blue of the sky and ocean take your blue away when you feel blue.”― Munia Khan
70. “The sky of the color of ashes in the east and embers in the west.”― Stephen King
Sky quotes to elevate your mind
71. “The sun always shines above the clouds.” – Paul F. Davis
72. “The sky was clear — remarkably clear — and the twinkling of all the stars seemed to be but throbs of one body, timed by a common pulse.” – Thomas Hardy
73. “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
74. “The stars, which stand as thick as dewdrops on the fields of heaven.” – Philip James Bailey
75. “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
76. “Imagine how many glorious winters and springs
The stars from their celestial perches have seen.”~Terri Guillemets
77. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
78. “Those playful fancies of the mighty sky.” – Albert Smith
79. “If the skies fall, one may hope to catch larks.” – Francois Rabelais
80. “To fly up to the sky and watch the earth is beautiful; to fly down to the earth and watch the sky is even more beautiful!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Earth Day quotes that inspire an eco-friendly lifestyle.
Beautiful sky quotes
81. “The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.”― Roberto Bolaño
82. “Even behind prison walls I can see the heavy clouds and the blue sky over the horizon.” – Nelson Mandela
83. “The future is in the skies.”― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
84. “The sky is postcard dreamy now, the clouds less full of rain, the sun a little stronger every day.”― Kathleen Glasgow
85. “Darkly, deeply, beautifully blue – the sky.”― George Byron Gordon
86. “The fading blue of yesterday’s sky is reminding of the hopeless love I told the moon about you.”― Laura Chouette
87. “My experiences remind me that it’s those black clouds that make the blue skies even more beautiful.” – Kelly Clarkson
88. “Look, up at the sky. There is a light, a beauty up there, that no shadow can touch.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
89. “The blue of the sky is one of the most special colors in the world, because the color is deep but see-through both at the same time.”― Cynthia Kadohata
90. “The sky is full of tokens which speak to the intelligent.” – Hugh Miller
Sky quotes to elevate your perspective
91. “Only weak thinkers do not love the sky.”― Katherine Rundel
92. “And in the morning when the sunrise. Look in the water, see the blue sky. As if heaven has been laid there at our feet.” – Conor Oberst
93. “At night the sky is pure astronomy.”― Nicole Krauss
94. “Stars are empty places in the sky until you make them a home for your dreams.”― Laura Chouette
95. “Did you know, I’m still in love with this blue sky until forever and ever, eternally.” – Mika
96. “Stars in the sky will always glitter if we are not blinded by the erosion of our emotions, or hampered by our lack of interest and awareness.”― Erik Pevernagie
97. “The soft blue sky did never melt Into his heart; he never felt The witchery of the soft blue sky!” – William Wordsworth
98. “The sky is that beautiful old parchment in which the sun and the moon keep their diary.” – Alfred Kreymborg
99. “Hopes, wants and wishes, all cast across the night sky with my heart in tow.”― Jay Long
100. “I’m chasing my dreams straight to the top – into a sky that has no limits.” – Robert M. Hensel
Thought-provoking sky quotes
101. “Tonight the sky is the color of my heart, bleeding crimson for my love.”― Paige Aufhammer
102. “The night sky is a dignified black princess freckled with the stars. Get lost in her beauty to find it in your darkness.”– Curtis Tyrone Jones
103. “The sky is a canvas, so paint your own life.”― Jada Berglund
104. “Looking up into the night sky is looking into infinity — distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless.” – Douglas Adams
105. “Talent never guarantees the success, its the art of success which can leads you to the sky”― Dr. Zeeshan Ahmed
106. “It’s the kind of kiss that inspires stars to climb into the sky and light up the world.”– Tahereh Mafi
107. “Looking through the ruby glass one cannot see the true colour of the sky.”― Lara Biyuts
108. “When someone mentions the gracefulness of the night sky, climb up on the roof and dance and say, like this?”– Rumi
109. “What, then, is this blue sky, which certainly does exist, and which veils from us the stars during the day?” – Camille Flammarion
110. “Sometimes in my tent, late at night, I think I can hear the stars scraping against the sky.”– Rick Yancey
More sky quotes and sayings
111. “You are as beautiful as sky, as soft as moon, as shiny as stars and as angry as Sun.”― M.F. Moonzajer
112. “Those who first invented and then named the constellations were storytellers. What it changed was the way people read the night sky.” – John Berger
113. “If someone asked you what color the sky is, what would you say?”― Shey Stahl
114. “The night sky in the forest is a dilating blackness.” – Gwen Calvo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of the trees.
115. “A beautiful poem is like a beautiful sky and a beautiful sky is like a beautiful poem!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
116. “These are what flowers look like when they stare up in awe at the night sky.” – Anthony T. Hincks
117. “The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.” – Frederic Lawrence Knowles
118. “I am a child of the Moon being raised by the Sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers.” – Zara Ventris
119. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
120. “The sky was a sparkling succession of black diamonds on black velvet made crystal clear by the blackout.”― Sara Sheridan
We also have a collection of moon quotes to help you see the beauty of life.
Which of these sky quotes was your favorite?
Everyone needs a touch of inspiration to reignite their inner fire. Whether it’s to stimulate creative ideas or to simply lose yourself in the moment of possibility for a while, you can always look up to the sky for endless inspiration.
The universe offers endless opportunities, and nothing reminds us of that better than the sky. We hope these sky quotes have inspired you to look up and stay positive.
Which of these quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes about the sky to add? Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
February 8, 2021 6:00 AM EST