These Silver Linings Playbook quotes will accompany you while you read what some consider the best written scripts you can find in a film.
Silver Linings Playbook is an American romantic comedy-drama film. This film was based on the novel titled The Silver Linings Playbook written by Matthew Quick. The story revolves around Pat, a man diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and Tiffany, a young widow with an unnamed disorder.
Their lives suddenly intertwine as they figure out how to move forward in this world. This is a story about finding connection and having meaning in life.
This film was able to depict how people suffering from mental illness can feel in a dark period of their life. Enjoy reading these Silver Linings Playbook quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Private Practice quotes from the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off.
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from Tiffany
1. “I was a big slut, but I’m not anymore. There will always be a part of me that is sloppy and dirty, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself.” — Tiffany
2. “You might not have experienced the shit that I did, but you loved hearing about it, didn’t you? You’re afraid to be alive, you’re afraid to live. You’re a conformist. You’re a hypocrite. You’re a liar. I opened up to you and you judged me!” — Tiffany
3. “Humanity is just nasty and there’s no silver lining.” — Tiffany
4. “I haven’t dated since before my marriage so I don’t really remember how this works.” — Tiffany
5. “I do this! Time after time after time! I do all this shit for other people! And then I wake up and I’m empty! I have nothing!” — Tiffany
6. “I live in the addition around back, which is completely separate from my parent’s house so there’s no chance of them walking in on us. I hate the fact that you wore a football jersey to dinner because I hate football, but you can f*** me if you turn the lights off, okay?” — Tiffany
7. “Can we get through one f***ing conversation without you reminding me that my goddamn husband’s dead?” — Tiffany
8. “Does anyone here happen to know what the Official Motto of the State of New York is on the Official Seal of the State of New York? Huh? Anybody? “ — Tiffany
9. “You know, I used to think that you were the best thing that ever happened to me, but now I think that you might maybe be the worst thing and I’m sorry that I ever met you.” — Tiffany
10. “I saw the way you were looking at me, Pat. You felt it, I felt it, don’t lie.” — Tiffany
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from Pat
11. “The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That’s guaranteed. I can’t begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday’s my favorite day again. I think of what everyone did for me, and I feel like a very lucky guy.” — Pat
12. “Once you get in the right frame of mind, I think anything’s possible. I think we so often get caught in this state of negativity and it’s a poison like nothing else.” — Pat
13. “This is what I believe to be true. This is what I learned in the hospital. You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.” — Pat
14. “Congratulations on the baby, but I’m not buying the invitation.” — Pat
15. “I just see that you made an effort and I’m gonna be better with my wife, I’m working on that. I wanna acknowledge her beauty. I never used to do that. I do that now. ‘Cause we’re gonna be better than ever…Nikki.” — Pat
16. “We have a very unconventional chemistry, it makes people feel awkward, but not me.” — Pat
17. “She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever been with. It’s electric between us!”
18. “Okay, yeah, we wanna change each other, but that’s normal, couples wanna do that. I want her to stop dressing like she dresses, I want her to stop acting so superior to me, okay? And she wanted me to lose weight and stop my mood swings, which both I’ve done.” — Pat
19. “The only way you can beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck.” — Pat
20. “I’m ready! I’m motivated, I don’t feel so angry all the time.” — Pat
21. “I hate my illness and I want to control it.” — Pat
22. “So she’s a loyal, married to a dead-guy slut.” — Pat
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from conversations between Pat and Tiffany
23. Pat: “You have poor social skills. You have a problem.”
Tiffany: “I have a problem? You say more inappropriate things than appropriate things. You scare people.”
Pat: “I tell the truth. You’re mean.”
24. Tiffany: “Hey!”
Pat: “What the f***? I’m married!”
Tiffany: “So am I!”
25. Tiffany: “I’m not the one who just got out of that hospital in Baltimore.”
Pat: “And I’m not the big slut!… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry.”
26. Pat: “I ordered Raisin Bran because I didn’t want any mistaking it for a date.”
Tiffany: “It can still be a date if you order Raisin Bran.”
27. Pat: “So how’s your thing going — dancing thing?”
Tiffany: “It’s good. How’s your restraining order?”
28. Tiffany: “You let me lie to you for a week?”
Pat: “I was trying to be romantic.”
Tiffany: “You love me?”
Pat: “Yeah, I do.”
29. Pat: “How old are you?”
Tiffany: “Old enough to have a marriage end and not wind up in a mental hospital.”
30. Pat: “Yeah, that was a thing with my parents. How’d you lose your job?”
Tiffany: “By having sex with everybody in the office”
Tiffany: “I was very depressed after Tommy died. It was a lot of people.”
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from Pat Sr.
31`. “When life reaches out at a moment like this it’s a sin if you don’t reach back! It’ll haunt you the rest of your days like a curse. — Pat Sr.
32. You’re facing a big challenge in your life right now at this very moment, right here. That girl loves you, she really loves you. So don’t fuck this up.” — Pat Sr.
33. “Let me tell you, I know you don’t wanna to listen to your father, I didn’t listen to mine, and I’m telling you, you gotta pay attention to the signs.” — Pat Sr.
34. “You know, I’m gonna start a restaurant. It’s gonna be a cheesesteak place.” — Pat Sr.
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from the novel
35. “I don’t want to stay in the bad place, where no one believes in silver linings or love or happy endings.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
36. “Life is not a PG feel-good movie. Real life often ends badly. Literature tries to document this reality, while showing us it is still possible for us to endure nobly.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
37. “I am practicing being kind over being right.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
38. “You need to make time for your family no matter what happens in your life” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
39. “You need to know it’s your actions that will make you a good person, not desire.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
40. “I still love you in my own fucked-up way.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
41. “It hurts to look at the clouds, but it also helps, like most things that cause pain.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
42. “When she needed help most, she was abandoned—and only when she offered help to others was she beloved.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
43. “Most people lose the ability to see silver linings even though they are always there above us almost every day.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
44. “…I am now watching the movie of my life as I live it.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
45. “I think it’s strange to live in a house with someone you cannot talk to—especially when that someone is your father—and the thought makes me a little sad.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
46. “I can be a very valuable friend to you, but you do not want me as an enemy.” ― Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
Which of these Silver Linings Playbook quotes is your favorite?
This film is so meaningful for many people who are going through mental conditions. It is about finding happiness and human connection while trying to cope with personal situations and challenges. It also shows how a support system is really important when going through difficult moments in life.
If you love heartwarming films with great cast and characterization, then this film is for you. Just like millions of fans who watch this film, you will be able to instantly click with the characters of this film and relate to their situation.
Hopefully, you enjoyed reading these Silver Linings Playbook quotes and sayings, and maybe now is a good time to check on your friends and ask them how they are doing.
November 11, 2021 7:00 AM EST