Silver Linings Playbook Quotes from the Highly Rated Film
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Silver Linings Playbook quotes will accompany you while you read what some consider the best written scripts you can find in a film.
Silver Linings Playbook is an American romantic comedy-drama film.
This film was based on the novel titled The Silver Linings Playbook written by Matthew Quick.
The story revolves around Pat, a man diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and Tiffany, a young widow with an unnamed disorder.
Their lives suddenly intertwine as they figure out how to move forward in this world.
This is a story about finding connection and having meaning in life.
This film was able to depict how people suffering from mental illness can feel in a dark period of their life.
Enjoy reading these Silver Linings Playbook quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Private Practice quotes from the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from Tiffany
1. “I was a big slut, but I’m not anymore. There will always be a part of me that is sloppy and dirty, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself.” — Tiffany
You will also enjoy our article on Grey’s Anatomy quotes.
2. “You might not have experienced the shit that I did, but you loved hearing about it, didn’t you? You’re afraid to be alive, you’re afraid to live. You’re a conformist. You’re a hypocrite. You’re a liar. I opened up to you and you judged me!” — Tiffany
You will also enjoy our article on Catch Me If You Can quotes.
3. “Humanity is just nasty and there’s no silver lining.” — Tiffany
4. “I haven’t dated since before my marriage so I don’t really remember how this works.” — Tiffany
5. “I do this! Time after time after time! I do all this shit for other people! And then I wake up and I’m empty! I have nothing!” — Tiffany
6. “I live in the addition around back, which is completely separate from my parent’s house so there’s no chance of them walking in on us. I hate the fact that you wore a football jersey to dinner because I hate football, but you can f*** me if you turn the lights off, okay?” — Tiffany
7. “Can we get through one f***ing conversation without you reminding me that my goddamn husband’s dead?” — Tiffany
8. “Does anyone here happen to know what the Official Motto of the State of New York is on the Official Seal of the State of New York? Huh? Anybody? “ — Tiffany
9. “You know, I used to think that you were the best thing that ever happened to me, but now I think that you might maybe be the worst thing and I’m sorry that I ever met you.” — Tiffany
10. “I saw the way you were looking at me, Pat. You felt it, I felt it, don’t lie.” — Tiffany
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from Pat
11. “The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That’s guaranteed. I can’t begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday’s my favorite day again. I think of what everyone did for me, and I feel like a very lucky guy.” — Pat
12. “Once you get in the right frame of mind, I think anything’s possible. I think we so often get caught in this state of negativity and it’s a poison like nothing else.” — Pat
13. “This is what I believe to be true. This is what I learned in the hospital. You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.” — Pat
14. “Congratulations on the baby, but I’m not buying the invitation.” — Pat
15. “I just see that you made an effort and I’m gonna be better with my wife, I’m working on that. I wanna acknowledge her beauty. I never used to do that. I do that now. ‘Cause we’re gonna be better than ever…Nikki.” — Pat
16. “We have a very unconventional chemistry, it makes people feel awkward, but not me.” — Pat
17. “She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever been with. It’s electric between us!”
18. “Okay, yeah, we wanna change each other, but that’s normal, couples wanna do that. I want her to stop dressing like she dresses, I want her to stop acting so superior to me, okay? And she wanted me to lose weight and stop my mood swings, which both I’ve done.” — Pat
19. “The only way you can beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck.” — Pat
20. “I’m ready! I’m motivated, I don’t feel so angry all the time.” — Pat
21. “I hate my illness and I want to control it.” — Pat
22. “So she’s a loyal, married to a dead-guy slut.” — Pat
Silver Linings Playbook quotes from conversations between Pat and Tiffany
23. Pat: “You have poor social skills. You have a problem.”
Tiffany: “I have a problem? You say more inappropriate things than appropriate things. You scare people.”
Pat: “I tell the truth. You’re mean.”
24. Tiffany: “Hey!”
Pat: “What the f***? I’m married!”
Tiffany: “So am I!”
25. Tiffany: “I’m not the one who just got out of that hospital in Baltimore.”
Pat: “And I’m not the big slut!… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry.”
Which of these Silver Linings Playbook quotes is your favorite?
This film is so meaningful for many people who are going through mental conditions.
It is about finding happiness and human connection while trying to cope with personal situations and challenges.
It also shows how a support system is really important when going through difficult moments in life.
If you love heartwarming films with great cast and characterization, then this film is for you.
Just like millions of fans who watch this film, you will be able to instantly click with the characters of this film and relate to their situation.
Hopefully, you enjoyed reading these Silver Linings Playbook quotes and sayings, and maybe now is a good time to check on your friends and ask them how they are doing.