These balance quotes will help you forgive yourself when slip-ups happen, keep what matters most in the forefront, and help you live your best life!
The definition of what balance means to each of us is different, but there are some universal truths.
For instance: each of us needs a healthy work-life balance to be healthy and happy.
Others, like me, believe that your body, mind, and soul must be balanced to be at peace and live a life of harmony.
You might also like these related articles:
Too often, most of us live far out of balance – putting the things that are not as important first or letting them tip the scales too far in one direction.
Also, check out our collection of yoga quotes that will enrich your mind, body, and spirit.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Thought-Provoking Balance Quotes about Life
Living a life of balance is about having a sense of independence and connectedness.
1. “Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance.” – Epicurus
You will also enjoy our article on perfection quotes.
2. “Balance. The Ultimate Goal.”- Ricky Lankford
You will also enjoy our article on Sadhguru quotes.
3. “I have the feeling that in a balanced life one should die penniless. The trick is dismantling.” – Art Garfunkel
You will also enjoy our article on serenity quotes.
4. “What I dream of is an art of balance.”- Henri Matisse
You will also enjoy our article on simplicity quotes.
5. “Next to love, balance is the most important thing.” – John Wooden
You will also enjoy our article on contentment quotes.
6. “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.” – Thomas Merton
You will also enjoy our article on Madea quotes.
7. “Balance is the perfect state of still water. Let that be our model.” – Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on wellness quotes
8. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on being calm.
9. “They are sick that surfeit with too much, as they that starve with nothing.” – William Shakespeare
10. “Work, love and play are the great balance wheels of man’s being.”- Orison Swett Marden
Balance quotes to help you lead a fulfilling life
11. “Wisdom is your perspective on life, your sense of balance, your understanding of how the various parts and principles apply and relate to each other.”- Stephen R. Covey
Check out this article about Stephen Covey!
12. “Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself.”- Jessye Norman
13. “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.”- William Arthur Ward
14. “We come into this world head first and go out feet first; in between, it is all a matter of balance.”- Paul Boese
15. “We can be sure that the greatest hope for maintaining equilibrium in the face of any situation rests within ourselves.”- Francis J. Braceland
16. “So divinely is the world organized that every one of us, in our place and time, is in balance with everything else.”- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
17. “Fortunate, indeed, is the man who takes exactly the right measure of himself and holds a just balance between what he can acquire and what he can use.” – Peter Latham
18. “The calm and balanced mind is the strong and great mind; the hurried and agitated mind is the weak one.” – Wallace D. Wattles
19. “Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life – learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.” – Robert Fulgham
20. “In all aspects of our lives balance is key. Doing one thing too much can cause upset, like the old saying goes, everything in moderation is the secret!” – Catherine Pulsifer
Remember to read these soothing breathe quotes and sayings to help you relax.
Balance quotes to inspire you to reach your full potential
21. “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.” – Thomas Kinkade
22. “Anything that’s too much turns adverse. Shift your traits to their neutrality and they become your power.” – Alyaa Sadek
Make sure to check out our collection of laziness quotes.
23. “You will never feel truly satisfied by work until you are satisfied by life.” – Heather Schuck
24. “A balanced inner calmness radiates from a peaceful centre.” – Donna Goddard
Make sure to check out our collection of confused quotes.
Balance quotes that make you think
25. “Most of us are doing the best we can to find whatever the right balance is . . . For me, that balance is family, work, and service.” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
26. “The critical part of a balance in life is choosing priorities. If you are trying to balance a family and a career, the choices are complex because both are important.” – Byron Pulsifer
27. “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your step as you walk the tightrope of life.” – William A Ward
28. “I’m not suggesting you deny or suppress your emotions, but just discover for yourself what it takes for you to handle your emotions and stay balanced.” – Wendy Hearn
29. “We need to introduce a little balance into your life. Part of this balance means not missing out on some of the marvels of life around you, the fun, some excitement, or other challenges in life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
30. “The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.”- Euripides
Inspirational balance quotes to help you become the best version of yourself
31. “Through substitute activities, therapy, and hard work, grieving individuals can work through their anger and progress to live more balanced lives.” – Valerie Orr
32. “As parents we often struggle with balancing our desire to make our children happy and setting boundaries.” – Ellen Trump
33. “It’s not about balance, it’s about designing a work-home-family life that makes you feel good. A life you don’t need a vacation from.” – Jacqueline Fisch
34. “While it is important to love others unselfishly, it is crucial to find a balance. When we compromise our needs and martyr ourselves to the point of depleting ourselves and neglecting our needs, we become out of balance.” – Jessica Minty
35. “In addition to helping me feel better, healthier, and more balanced, psychotherapy brought some unforeseen extra perks I would have never expected.” – Andrew Carley
36. “It’s also important to give attention to your health and hygiene. Keep yourself healthy by exercising, eating a balanced diet, and sleeping right.” – Kathleen Rao
37. “If we are stressed out, we won’t be ‘joyful mothers of children.’ Balance is key.” – Katherine Leigh
38. “The workplace today is very demanding, and you really can’t have your life as a working mom the way it was before baby. So work-life balance for you should be about trade-offs at one time or the other.” – Grace Essen
39. “A good method of juggling different tasks is to always balance the short and long term tasks.” – Gretchen Pilar
40. “Your beliefs should knock the scale way off balance leaning to the side of love. If the other side is weighed down with worry, guilt, shame, anger or frustration, choose right now to change that!” – Debbie Dixon
Balance quotes to inspire and motivate you
41. “Moderate activity can return us to fitness and continuous training will bring all the forces back in balance.” – Lorena Katz
42. “As time progresses, increase the amount of time spent for self-improvement, and less time on the mental junk food. Create a healthy balance, it’s no different than indulging in some cake here and there.” – Curt Hinson
43. “Self-esteem is a matter of balance. Too much can tip over into haughtiness, arrogance, and the inability to admit when we have gone wrong.” – Alan Schmidt
44. “There is no limit to what great and beautiful things the human being can create with the power of a balanced mind that is open to the inspiration of GOD.” – Paul Odafe Akpomukai
45. “Pursuing your goal is in a sense, fired by internal motivation. Hence, you need a source of external motivation to keep things in balance.” – Ben Robinson
46. “However, it is one thing to be consumed by your future financial goals, and another thing to be making progress and enjoying the process with a more balanced life by doing what brings you joy.” – Maggie Thompson
47. “Understand that building self-confidence is all about striking a balance in your life.” – Angel Graff
48. “Yet, David O. McKay has said that ‘No other success can compensate for failure in the home.’ Without healthy relationships with family and friends, a person doesn’t truly have personal freedom. His life is out of balance.” – Benjamin P. Hardy
49. “Live a life that is well balanced; don’t do things in excess.” – Daniel Smith
50. “Too much of one thing can end up creating stress; this is something that no one needs in their life. But living a life in balance can provide harmony and peace.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Wise and inspirational balance quotes
51. “But you do have choices about how you spend your time. Balancing what you need to do with what you want to do can lead to happiness and success.” – Stephen Hall
52. “Balance is key, without balance there’s conflict , a battle between positivity and negativity.” – Brian Benjamin Sotomayor
53. “Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.” – Maxwell Maltz
54. “When we focus on our blessings it creates an appreciative heart and adds a strong sense of balance to our lives.” – Senora Roy
55. “Take some time to learn which opinions you need to value and which ones you simply need to stop listening to. Once you find the balance, you are one step closer to finding that confidence that you long for.” – Frankie Robinson
56. “Happiness depends on how you balance your life’s equations between positive and negative experiences and attitudes.” -Kall
57. “You need a balance in life between dealing with whats going on inside and not being so absorbed in yourself that it takes over.” – Nigella Lawson
Get yourself together and balanced
58. “Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create.” – Jana Kingsford
59. “Balance your thoughts with action. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
60. “Don’t work so hard that you forget to enjoy your life.”― Akiroq Brost
61. “Achieve balance through the combined conscious states of the heart and mind.” – Steven Redhead
62. “Self-care is how you take your power back.”― Lalah Delia
63. “It’s always about finding the right balance between answering some questions and raising new ones to keep your story going.” – Oren Peli
64. “Joy lifts us up into the heavens, while grief pulls us down into the earth, and in this way they both help us maintain our emotional balance.”― Jessica Moore
65. “Nature does not take sides, it is just maintaining or restoring the balance.”― Mihail Militaru
More balance quotes and sayings
66. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
67. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Stephen Chbosky
68. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
69. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
70. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
71. “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
72. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
73. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” – Paulo Coelho
74. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – Nicholas Sparks
75. “Two wrongs don’t make a right, but they make a good excuse.” – Thomas Szasz
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of alignment quotes to align your purpose in life.
Balance quotes about finding peace in life
76. “Everything in life… has to have balance.” — Donna Karan
77. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
78. “Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.” — Gregory Peck
79. “It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” — Philip Green
80. “I do find that there’s a fine balance between preparation and seeing what happens naturally.” — Timothee Chalamet
81. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” — Simon Sinek
82. “Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.” — Helen Keller
83. “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” — Barbara De Angelis
84. “Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.” — Brian Tracy
85. “It is the harmony of the diverse parts, their symmetry, their happy balance; in a word it is all that introduces order, all that gives unity, that permits us to see clearly and to comprehend at once both the ensemble and the details.” — Henri Poincare
Good balance quotes for life
86. “When you have balance in your life, work becomes an entirely different experience. There is a passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude, and that’s when you can do your best… for yourself and for others.” -Cara Delevingne
87. “Focus on being balanced – success is balance.” -Laila Ali
88. “The hardest thing to find in life is balance – especially the more success you have, the more you look to the other side of the gate. What do I need to stay grounded, in touch, in love, connected, emotionally balanced? Look within yourself.” -Celine Dion
89. “You need the right balance between data and gut feeling.” -Toto Wolff
90. “Beauty is only skin deep. I think what’s really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit.” – Jennifer Lopez
91. “Life is about growth and exploration, not achieving a fixed state of balance. You have a very limited time on earth to experience all that you can. Figuring out how to squeeze the most out of your family, work, and spirituality is your life’s purpose. Go do it.” – Mel Robbins
92. “Character in leadership is the most important balance for leadership. Without character, leaders have no safety. Leadership has no protection without character.” – Myles Munroe
93. “I believe in the balance between dreaming and building.” – Neri Oxman
94. “It’s really important to have balance, spend some time in nature, go to a few parties, enjoy my friends and really chill out.” – Joakim Noah
95. “Balance provides the chance for longevity. You can be a champion at work and at home.” –Tony Dungy
Balance quotes to help you find what’s important to you
96. “There is no such thing as work-life balance – it is all life. The balance has to be within you.” -Sadhguru
97. “The balance in your life is more important than the balance in your checking account.” -Chris Gardner
98. “To put everything in balance is good, to put everything in harmony is better.” -Victor Hugo
100. “Balance isn’t fitting everything in. It’s starting with what’s important and letting the rest fall as it will.” -Erica Layne
101. “Life is all about balance. You don’t always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it’s perfectly okay, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing.” -Lori Deschene
102. “True balance is about being a warrior when it comes to what matters to you most and being gentle with yourself when life throws you a curve ball.” -Sara Avant Stover
103. “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.” -Elizabeth Gilbert
104. “Life is a balance between rest and movement.” -Rajneesh
105. “Most people struggle with life balance simply because they haven’t paid the price to decide what is really important to them.” -Stephen Covey
Encourage You To Have Balance In Everything
These balance quotes will remind you that your whole self must be in alignment.
106. “Working toward balance takes a lot of ingredients. We need courage, reflection, attention, action, and a push-and-pull relationship between effort and relaxation.” — Tara Stiles
107. “Life is about balance. Be kind, but don’t let people abuse you. Trust, but don’t be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.” — Zig Ziglar
108. “Our lives are a mixture of different roles. Most of us are doing the best we can to find whatever the right balance is . . . For me, that balance is family, work, and service.” ― Hillary Rodham Clinton
109. “A balance of giving and receiving is essential to keeping your energy, mood and motivation at a consistently high level.” — Doreen Virtue
110. “Balance every thought with its opposition. Because the marriage of them is the destruction of illusion.” — Aleister Crowley
111. “The key to finding a happy balance in modern life is simplicity.” — Sogyal Rinpoche
112. “If you restore balance in your own self, you will be contributing immensely to the healing of the world.” — Deepak Chopra
113. “Balance and good fortune can only come to a person who is balanced and feels fortunate.” — Stuart Wilde
114. “When conscious activity is wholly concentrated on some one definite purpose, the ultimate result, for most people, is lack of balance accompanied by some form of nervous disorder.” — Bertrand Russell
115. “A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct.” — Frank Herbert
Keep Going even when things are out of balance
116. “You have to balance your passions, not your time.” — Lisa Sugar
117. “Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it’s a sense of harmony. It is essential to maintaining quality in life and work.” — Joshua Osenga
118. “Time and balance are the two most difficult things to have control over, yet they are both the things that we do control.” — Catherine Pulsifer
119. “Self-care is, fundamentally, about bringing balance back to a life that has grown imbalanced from too many commitments or responsibilities.” — Robyn L. Gobin
120. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
121. “Be steady and well-ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work.” — Gustave Flaubert
122. “Getting in balance is not so much about adopting new strategies to change your behaviors, as it is about realigning yourself in all of your thoughts so as to create a balance between what you desire and how you conduct your life on a daily basis.” — Wayne Dyer
123. “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” — Betsy Jacobson
124. “Balance activity with serenity, wealth and simplicity, persistence with innovation, community with solitude, familiarity with adventure, constancy with change, leading with following.” — Johnathan Lockwood Huie
125. “My point is, life is about balance. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. The pina and the colada.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
Put Your Life In Order with these wise words about balance
126. “People want change but not too much change. Finding that balance is tricky for every politician.” — Eleanor Clift
127. “But all the money in the world cannot make you happy either, so there has to be a balance.” — Heidi Klum
128. “If anyone can figure out how to balance my celebrity and my dual careers in music and film, it’s me. I don’t feel frightened; I feel challenged.” — Jennifer Lopez
129. “In therapy I have learned the importance of keeping spiritual life and professional life balanced. I need to regain my balance.” — Tiger Woods
130. “The human mind, if it is to keep its sanity, must maintain the nicest balance between unity and plurality.” — Irving Babbitt
131. “The delicate balance between modesty and conceit is popularity.” — Max Beerbohm
132. “It is better to lose everything you have to keep the balance of justice, than to live a life of petty privilege devoid of true freedom.” — Bryant H. McGill
133. “Poor people choose now. Rich people choose balance.” — T. Harv Eker
134. “But I also like to be in control, like anyone else. I try to achieve a balance.” — Trevor Dunn
135. “It must be a balance in everything we do, not too much of everything, keep it simple, not complicated.” — Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
Balance Quotes To Live a Stabilised Life
136. “I want balance in my life.” — Ron Dellums
137. “As you get older you learn some balance and mediation in your life – that’s where I am right now. I feel pretty comfortable about things.” — Christian Slater
138. “Rich people think long-term. They balance their spending on enjoyment today with investing for freedom tomorrow.” — T. Harv Eker
139. “Choice follows Awareness!’ Mindfulness is truly the portal to living in balance!” — Joel Levey
140. “As far as developing a career as an actress, I think it’s a fine balance between trying to just work, and also be true to yourself.” — Rachel True
141. “Examples of balance can be found everywhere, even in those places where you least expect them.” ― Dr Patrizia Collard
142. “Maintain a state of balance between physical acts and inner serenity,like a lute whose strings are finely tuned.” — Gautama Buddha
143. “My creative life is a constant struggle to achieve a balance between letting things flow in and letting things flow out.” — Don Henley
144. “Four key words–helped make my dreams come true. They are: dedication, balance, risk, and love.” — Bonnie Blair
145. “I create my own calm and I keep my balance, because I know that it’s not really me, by myself… The Creator always gives me the energy.” — Erykah Badu
Stay Organised and in balance with these sayings
146. “If you want to avoid burn-out you must maintain a healthy balance between work, rest and play.” ― Seymour R. Ian
147. “For everything in nature, there is a balance.” ― Alfred Gough
148. “Balance is important in every aspect of our lives- our health, our relationships; our diet… the list goes on.” ― Ambuj Bajpai
149. “As a human beings, our life gets out of balance when our priorities are out of whack.” ― John A. Andrews
150. “Yes, life’s good when things go right, and vitality is the reward for creating and maintaining life balance in all three realms of mind, body and spirit.” ― Ambuj Bajpai
151. “Moderation is a commitment to balance.” ― Ambuj Bajpai
152. “Extremes are easy. Strive for balance.” ― Colin Wright
153. “All of my experience has taught me that the key to life boils down to one thing: balance.” ― Ambuj Bajpai
154. “A true balance between work and life comes with knowing that your life activities are integrated, not separated.” ― Michael Thomas Sunnarborg
155. “So many of us yearn for balance in our lives. We hope to find that precise alignment which will leave all our daily responsibilities in perfect harmony.” ― Marilyn Meberg
Quotes that will remind you how important balance is
156. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” ― Virginia Woolf
157. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
158. “Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
159. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” – Charles Darwin
160. “I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it.” – Charles Schulz
161. “Understand that building self-confidence is all about striking a balance in your life. The right amount of confidence can help a great deal in achieving what you want.” ― Angel Graff
162. “Our culture doesn’t always promote balance. Instead, we want everything instantly, and we are willing to pay a premium later. We’re impatient.” ― Jeff Kooz
163. “When your blood sugar is off balance, you can experience irritability and a lack of motivation.” ― Mike C. Adams
164. “The response through relaxation puts a stop to the overwhelming state of eagerness and brings our body, along with mind into a state of balance. Nervous systems can be brought.” ― Mike Mitchell
165. “Time and balance the two most difficult things to have control over, yet they are both the things that we do control.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
166. “Using wisdom and balance, even those of us who are not Newton or Shakespeare can do great work from home.” ― Robert I. Webber
167. “Hospitals need a balance of both experienced nurses and new graduate nurses to assure patient safety.” ― Beth Hawkes MSN
Which of these quotes on balance did you like best?
Like the word itself, balance is difficult for most of us to achieve.
However, it’s necessary if we want to live content yet fulfilled lives.
How about you?
Are you living a balanced life right now?
How important do you think it is for future success and contentment?
Share your thoughts about these balance quotes in the comments section below.
And if you liked this article, you might enjoy The History of Lefthandedness.