These baking quotes and sayings will put you in the mood to make a cake, just because!
What is it about baking that you love?
I mean, there are many great aspects to baking.
There is that feeling of family and love you get when you make holiday cookies with the kids.
Or maybe it brings back fond memories of baking with your grandma.
Baking does more than just make us feel nostalgic though.
It is a great way to relieve stress, because it’s a creative outlet, but has some structure too!
How could you not like making things like brownies, cookies, and cupcakes?
These delicious baked goods require some essential ingredients like flour, leaveners, salt, sugar, dairy, fats, extracts, spices & other add-ins such as vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
There are also some baking quotes about the love of baking.
Baking is a skill and practice makes perfect, even the goods that don’t look the best, will probably taste great!
If you want to be a better baker, these baking quotes with tips will help you out.
Don’t forget to also check out these cooking quotes that will entice your inner chef.
The best bakery and baking quotes from Julia Child
1. “A party without a cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
2. “There are only four great arts: music, painting, sculpture, and ornamental pastry- architecture being perhaps the least banal derivative of the latter.” — Julia Child
3.“The more you know, the more you can create. There’s no end to imagination in the kitchen.” — Julia Child
4. “If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.” — Julia Child
5. “How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like kleenex?” — Julia Child
6. “With enough butter, anything is good.” — Julia Child
7. “Once you have mastered a technique, you barely have to look at a recipe again.” — Julia Child
8. “Well, all I know is this—nothing you ever learn is really wasted, and will sometimes be used.” — Julia Child
9. “You are the boss of that dough.” — Julia Child
10. “This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook, try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun.” — Julia Child
Read more Julia Child quotes from the favorite cooking teacher.
Funny baking quotes and sayings
11. “Baking is my superpower and my apron is my cape.” — Unknown
12. “I bake because punching people is frowned upon.” — Unknown
13. “Baking is my therapy.” — Unknown
14. “Bakers make the world smell better.” — Unknown
16. “Be a cupcake in a world full of muffins.” — Unknown
17. “The thing with children is they’re a bit like baking a fruitcake: you throw all the ingredients in but you never know how they’re going to turn out.” — Len Goodman
18. “You’re a batch made in heaven.” — Unknown
19. “I like to party. And by party I mean stay at home and bake.” — Unknown
20. “I can bake but I don’t do a lot of baking, mainly because the side effect is not very good for you.” — Sarah Lancashire
The joy of baking quotes about love
21. “If baking is any labor at all, it’s a labor of love. A love that gets passed down from generation to generation.” — Regina Brett
22. “Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile.” ― Anna Olson
23. “Cooking and baking is both physical and mental therapy.” — Mary Berry
24. “There are so many forms of love. Spending time with friends, love stories. I enjoy showing my love by baking a cake for somebody and writing his or her name on it, and seeing his or her reaction. I love to offer flowers, too!” — Pom Klementieff
25. “You don’t have to love cooking to cook, but you have to do more than love baking to bake. You have to bake out of love.” — Tom Junod
26. “Love is like a good cake, you never know when it’s coming, but you’d better eat it when it does!” — C. Joybell
27. “The secret ingredient is always love.” — Unknown
28. “Baking is love made visible.” — Unknown
Quotes about baking and cooking
29. “The biggest challenge of being a pastry chef is that, unlike other types of chefs, you can’t throw things together at a farmer’s market. When you’re working with baking powder and a formula, you have to be exact. If not, things can go wrong.” — Carla Hall
30. “I think baking’s far easier than cooking, and because of that, it’s more approachable.” — Paul Hollywood
31. “I prefer cooking to baking. Baking, to me, is very precise, and it’s about perfection.” — Ree Drummond
32. “Baking is too precise for me. I cook with a pinch of this or that.” — Eva Longoria
33. “Cooking involves a deadline and hungry people and ingredients that expire in a week. It’s stressful. Cooking happens on the stove and on the clock. Baking happens with ingredients that last for months and come to life inside a warm oven. Baking is slow and leisurely.” — Regina Bret
34. “Always bake in the center of the oven. A pan placed too close to the bottom of the oven will receive more heat radiating from the oven floor, baking it faster from the bottom. The reverse is true of something baked on the top rack. Always bake in the center for the most even baking and browning all around.” — Claire Saffitz
35. “In baking, cooks need to understand ingredient ratios.” — Sherry Yard
36. “If you don’t have the confidence in baking, commit to making the recipe three times. The first two, do it exactly the way I’ve told you to make it. Twice. The first time you’ll screw it up. The second time it will come out pretty good, and then the third time, make your adjustments.” — Tom Douglas
37. “Baking is more like chemistry, following certain instructions and knowing what comes out in the end. It’s almost reassuring!” — Alice MErton
38. “Baking is how you start kids at cooking in the kitchen. It’s fun whether it’s baking bread or cookies. With baking, you have to be exact when it comes to ingredients.” — Sandra Lee
39. “Baking’s meant to be done at home. It’s meant to be a good time. It’s not about, like, hoarding secrets. It’s about sharing them.” — Christina Tosi
More baking quotes and sayings
40. “Baking is both an art and a science.” — Sherry Yard
41. “Baking can be done with a few simple ingredients, so it’s about simplicity and nostalgia – people are reminded of their childhood.” — Paul Hollywood
42. “Baking is about multi-tasking. If you are organized and prepared, that’s half the battle.” — Johnny Iuzzini
43. “It’s all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That’s the art of baking.” — Peter Reinhart
44. “Baking makes me focus. On weighing the sugar. On sieving the flour. I find it calming and rewarding because, in fairness, it is sort of magic – you start off with all this disparate stuff, such as butter and eggs, and what you end up with is so totally different. And also delicious.” — Marian Keys
45. “Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” — Sandra Lee
46. “I think baking is very rewarding, and if you follow a good recipe, you will get success.” — Mary Berry
47. “Baking is therapy.” — Paul Hollywood
48. “I believe with baking there is a certain nostalgic fix.” — James William Middleton
49. “Unlike writing a book, which can take several years, baking is instant gratification.” — Jenna Blum
50. “I like the exactness of baking. I’m not someone who’s like, ‘I’ll just throw a bunch of stuff together. This is gonna taste delicious.’ I am a rule follower: I really like the measuring. It’s completely tedious, but I love that. It’s calming. And I am a total sweetaholic.” — Madeline Brewer
Baking quotes to appreciate sweets and baked treats
51. “Crushes are stressful. Dating is disappointing. Every relationship, you either break up or get married & then divorced. Pies can’t hurt you.” — Ngozi Ukazu
52. “Every skilled baker was first an amateur!” — Chris Geiger
53. “We can’t all be bakers or chefs. Many of us have modest ambitions. But we can all buy a piece of the pie.” — Amah Lambert
54. “Never ask a baker what went into a pie. Just eat.” — George R.R. Martin
55. “Baking is like washing–the results are equally temporary.” — Patricia Briggs
56. “God gives us the ingredients for our daily bread, but he expects us to do the baking!” — Chip Ingram
58. “But of course you can have your cake and eat it, too – if you decide to bake a second cake. And you may well find that Baking two cakes does not take twice the work of Baking one.” — Robert Kuttner
59. “Baking is my business, and it will always come first.” — Dwight Henry
60. “My love of baking might have originated with my grandmother. She had a lemon tree growing in her backyard, and one of my favorite memories is of picking lemons together and then baking lemon bars.” — Lisa Graff
Baking Quotes And Captions To Make Life Sweeter
61. “You can have your cake and eat it too and follow your passions, have a family, and be happy.” — Ayesha Curry
62. “Don’t work to get your piece of bread. Work to seek to own bakery.” — Br Rhan Brunet Valdes Angwe Mintsa
63. “They can have a bakery whole and always be jealous of your piece of bread.” — Arisko D’Amour
64. “My first job was at a local bakery, and when I graduated from high school, I was promoted from retail sales to cake decorator.” — Deb Haaland
65. “Why ask for your daily bread when you own the bakery?” — Randy Alcorn
66. “Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are only so many notes or colors, there are only so many flavors—it’s how you combine them that sets you apart.” — Wolfgang Puck
67. “The secret to having an epically beloved bakery is consistency.” — Christina Tosi
68. “Because you don’t live near a bakery doesn’t mean you have to go without cheesecake.” — Hedy Lamarr
69. “Cooking is not difficult. Everyone has taste, even if they don’t realize it. Even if you’re not a great chef, there’s nothing to stop you understanding the difference between what tastes good and what doesn’t.” — Gerard Depardieu.
70. “Baking is fun! I find it very therapeutic, a stress buster.” — Sameera Reddy
Which of these baking quotes is your favorite?
Here are a few answers to commonly asked baking questions in case you need a few more tips.
If you are like me, you think you have an ingredient, then start baking only to realize you are missing something.
The worst is thinking you have baking powder, only to discover what you actually have is baking soda.
You can substitute buttermilk, plain yogurt, and even vinegar for baking powder.
If you need baking soda and don’t have that you can use baking powder!
Just remember to use three times the amount of baking powder than the amount of soda the recipe calls for.
If you are looking to bake some healthier versions of things you can switch up the flour for a lower carb option, like a bean flour.
Chickpea and Garbanzo bean flour are some wonderful options.
You can also replace sugar with applesauce and use a banana instead of oil.
Do you have any other great substitutes for ingredients?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Don’t forget to also mention any other favorite baking quotes and sayings.
April 22, 2022 5:00 AM EST