These Lucifer quotes from the devil himself are hilarious, poignant, and raw.
The quotes about his relationship with Chloe will put you in a great frame of mind to start off season 5B!
It has been a rough year for us LuciFans, with that cliffhanger of an ending from season 5A and the long wait until the start of season 5B.
However, that is almost behind us, and season 5B looks to be everything we hoped for! I don’t need Lucifer to ask me what my greatest desire is.
I already know. I really want him to tell Chloe he loves her, too. Will we get that this season? I am not sure, but I know I will enjoy watching what happens!
Just how did this show become so popular? Well, I blame Tom Ellis, but really the entire cast is phenomenal, and the storyline is amazing!
After all, who wouldn’t want to watch a show about the hot king of Hell getting bored and going to LA to be a police assistant… I mean consultant. (If you haven’t seen the trailer for the upcoming season, go watch it, because that was a hilarious moment between God and Lucifer).
Did you know though, that Lucifer almost ended after season 3?
Keep reading for all the details and some fantastic Lucifer quotes that will make your day while you wait for the premiere!
Don’t forget to also check out these The Golden Girls quotes from one of America’s favorite sitcoms.
Famous Lucifer quotes and captions only the Devil himself would say
1. “Lately I’ve been thinking. Do you think I’m the Devil because I’m inherently evil, or just because dear ol’ dad decided I was?” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
2. “Hell truly hath no fury like a woman scorned.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
3. “A deal’s a deal, especially one with the Devil.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
4. “I mean if all the apples are bad… maybe it’s the tree that’s the problem.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
5. “I am a Devil of my word.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
6. “Miracles aren’t my thing, but I’m sure we can come to an arrangement.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
7. “I’m like walking heroin, very habit forming. It never ends well.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
8. “Let me play the Me’s advocate…” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
9. “Just, whenever you’re faced with a choice, ask yourself the question: WWLD? What would Lucifer do?” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
10. “Why do humans think they can rectify one evil with another?” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
Therapy worthy Lucifer quotes from Dr. Linda and others
11. “Sometimes, when someone has real feelings for someone and it doesn’t work out, they shut down to anything new until they can deal with those leftover feelings.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
12. “Emotions are hard, but that’s why they make you strong.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
13. “Sometimes it’s easier to make intimate issues about something bigger than yourself.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
14. “Sometimes we need to lose something to understand its value.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
15. “I find people who are rude usually feel powerless in their own lives. Terrified of not being in control.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
16. “People don’t arrive broken. They start with passion and yearning until something comes along that disabuses them of those notions.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
17. “People don’t have power over us. We give it to them.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
18. “It’s better to move forward than stay stuck in the past.” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
19. “You have to stop taking responsibility for things that you can’t control.” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
20. “Self-worth comes from within, bitches.” — Mazikeen Smith, (Lesley-Ann Brandt)
21. “We need the most love when we’re being most unlovable.” — Amenadiel, (D. B. Woodside)
Best Lucifer quotes and lines about relationships
22. “People sometimes kill the people with whom they’re in love. The heart’s mysterious.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
23. “Desire shouldn’t be contained, it’s unnatural.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
24. “You shouldn’t have to change for anyone. And neither should I.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
25. “Sometimes we get along best with the people we’re most different from.” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
26.. “If you go by someone else’s pace, it shows how much you really care.” — Mazikeen Smith, (Lesley-Ann Brandt)
27. “Sometimes you have to accept when someone doesn’t feel the same way about you.” — Mazikeen Smith, (Lesley-Ann Brandt)
28. “I would never ask you to change. I like who you are.” — Mazikeen Smith, (Lesley-Ann Brandt)
29. “No one expects you to change overnight. It’s hard to be one of the good guys. Look, I screw up, too. I’ve made plenty of mistakes, believe me. But I don’t quit… and I know that counts for something. At least you’re trying, right?” — Dan Espinoza, (Kevin Alejandro)
30. “Say you fall in love with a woman who has a cat. What are you gonna do? You accept the cat.” — Dan Espinoza, (Kevin Alejandro)
31. “We all need someone to have our backs every now and then.” — Dan Espinoza, (Kevin Alejandro)
Lucifer Morningstar quotes about the relationship between Lucifer and ‘The Detective’
32. “Is everything all right, Detective? You seem distracted. Usually I get at least a glimmer of a smile from my remarks, the occasional eye roll. I think I got a snort once.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
33. “Pull yourself together. You look like a homeless magician!” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
34. “It’s really not a good day for… your… Luciferness.” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
35. “You know, if you spent as much time appealing to suspects as you do annoying me, things might go a lot faster.” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
36. Chloe Decker: “No. No, no. No, see, this is… This is what I meant, Lucifer, when I… You can’t leave me. Listen, I’m so sorry that… how I acted when I first saw your face, I… It was stupid and… Please. Please don’t go. I… I love you. I love you! Please don’t leave.”
Lucifer Morningstar: “You see… we were wrong about something else in the prophecy. My first love was never Eve. It was you, Chloe. It always has been.”
37. Chloe Decker: “He thinks that… you choose to be vulnerable around me.”
Lucifer Morningstar: “I choose to… Well, I’ll be damned. I think he might be right. I… Detective.”
Chloe Decker: “Lucifer. If that’s true… If you choose to be vulnerable around me… then I choose to be vulnerable around you.”
38. “I miss him. I mean, he pisses me off all the time. And there are so many things about him that… that I find hard to accept, but I just have to believe I can find a way. Because… I’d rather have him in my life than not.” — Chloe Decker, (Lauren German)
39. “Detective. You threw yourself onto me. You were willing to sacrifice yourself to save me.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
40. Lucifer Morningstar: “I don’t want you to see me like this. I know it scares you.”
Chloe Decker: “No, that’s… that’s what I was trying to tell you. I’m not… I’m not afraid of you anymore.”
Lucifer Morningstar: “You’re not?”
Lucifer quotes about Hell, faith, biblical implications, and God
41. “I refuse to be a scapegoat for which something I bear no responsibility. It’s a theme in my life.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)s
42. “No rest for the soulless.” — Mazikeen Smith, (Lesley-Ann Brandt)
43. [About Hell] “You send yourselves. Driven down by your own guilt. Forcing yourselves to relive your sins over and over. And the best part… the doors aren’t locked. You could leave anytime. It says something that no one ever does, doesn’t it?” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
44. “Dealing with mortality was so much easier when I was just another clueless idiot. Being a celestial insider really sucks.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
45. “When angels fall, they also… rise.” — Linda Martin, (Rachel Harris)
46. “I don’t think it’s right to base my faith on if everything is good… and unicorns and ice cream.” — Ella Lopez, (Aimee Garcia)
47. “I mean, God works in mysterious ways. So you just got to believe that when He crushes your nuts, He does it for a reason.” — Ella Lopez, (Aimee Garcia)
48. “Nothing pisses God off more than exercising free will.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
49. “You people misunderstand me. You call me ‘Satan’ and ‘Devil’ but… do you know my crime? I loved God too much. And for that, he betrayed me — punished me. Just as he’s punished you. After all, how could God stand idly by while that man broke into your home and butchered your family in their beds? There are only two rational answers, Nick — either, he’s sadistic… or he simply doesn’t care.” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
50. “I was a son. A brother, like you. A younger brother. And I had an older brother who I loved. Idolized, in fact. And one day, I went to him and I begged him to stand with me, and Michael… Michael turned on me. Called me a freak. A monster. And then he beat me down. All because I was different. Because I had a mind of my own. Tell me something Sam, any of this sound familiar?” — Lucifer, (Tom Ellis)
Which of these Lucifer quotes is your favorite?
Lucifer is based on the DC Comics character created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg from the comic book series The Sandman. The television show was developed by Tom Kapinos and premiered on Fox on January 25, 2016.
Jerry Bruckheimer Television, DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Television produced the series. Fox canceled Lucifer after three seasons because of consistently low ratings following the series debut.
However, the geniuses over at Netflix saved us from the pure hell it would have been to have this show end there and picked it up a month later for season 4.
The first three seasons received mixed reviews from critics, but season 4 wowed just about everyone. Especially us fans, since the move to Netflix meant we could see the devil’s… assets.
I wrote an entire article about Lucifer’s orgy pants, and how the need to binge-watch this show was ruining my life! Then I finished it and had to wait nearly an eternity for it to come back!
Did you enjoy these Lucifer quotes and lines? Are you as excited about Lucifer’s return as I am? Tell us about your favorite episode in the comment section below!
June 8, 2021 7:00 AM EST