So many people forget to put themselves first in life, and these spectacular self care quotes will inspire you to always keep self love on the forefront of your mind.
If you neglect yourself, this is a recipe for disaster.
Let these powerful self care quotes to serve as your helpful reminder to never put yourself last!
There are many reasons why self care actually helps you become more efficient and make progress faster.
Due to the nature of our busy lives, taking a break to look after yourself might sometimes feel like a luxury.
We often believe that pushing ourselves to the point of exhaustion will lead to a bigger reward.
But is that really the case?
Without self care, it will be hard for you to function at your best.
To prevent burnout and keep stress from taking over, you need to take the time to look after yourself.
Besides, taking breaks to look after yourself will help you refocus especially when solving complicated problems.
As fuzzy as the phrase may sound, self care is just a few basic habits that are crucial for us to get the best out of our Everyday Power.
For instance, you should always take time to exercise and look after your body, no matter how busy you might be.
Another way to look after yourself is to practice good emotional hygiene by learning to control your feelings.
Additionally, you should always protect your schedule and spend your time and money on what matters.
No matter what stage you are in life, taking care of yourself should be a priority.
Here are some inspirational self care quotes to remind of that.
For more inspiration, also check out our collection of quotes by Ram Dass on self-love.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Self care quotes on the importance of taking care of you
1. “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” — Audre Lorde
2. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Maya Angelou
3. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort. ” – Deborah Day
4. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. ” – Oscar Wilde
You will also enjoy our article on self-respect quotes.
5. “Learning to love yourself is like learning to walk—essential, life-changing, and the only way to stand tall.”
– Vironika Tugaleva
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
6. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.”
– Mandy Hale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
7. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. Joybell C.
8. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” – Unknown
9. “Be you, love you. All ways, always.” ― Alexandra Elle
You will also enjoy our article on be yourself quotes..
10. “Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.” ― Akiroq Brost
Quotes about self care to inspire and motivate you
11. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
12. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear. ” – Confucius
13. “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others. ” – Christopher Germer
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
14. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
You will also enjoy our article on skincare quotes.
15. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” – Madonna
16. “Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.” – Unknown
17. “My mother always says people should be able to take care of themselves, even if they’re rich and important.”
― Frances Hodgson Burnett
18. “Practice self-rescue first before you ‘help’ someone else” ― Maureen Joyce Connolly
19. “Self-care has become a new priority – the revelation that it’s perfectly permissible to listen to your body and do what it needs.” ― Frances Ryan
20. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” – Jack Kornfield
Also, read these Saturday quotes and sayings that will inspire you to take care of yourself.
Self care quotes on why taking care of yourself matters
21. “Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” — Eleanor Brown
22. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. ” – Steve Maraboli
23. “When we give ourselves compassion, we are opening our hearts in a way that can transform our lives.” – Kristin Neff
24. “Self care is not a waste of time. Self care makes your use of time more sustainable.” – Jackie Viramontez
25. “Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.” ― Pema Chodron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
26. “Do something every day that is loving toward your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body.” – Golda Poretsky
27. “You aren’t doing “nothing” when you choose to put your wellbeing first. In fact, this is the key to having everything.” ― Brittany Burgunder
28. “When you can’t find your purpose in a day, make it to look after yourself.” ― Dodie Clark
29. “Find what makes your heart sing and create your own music.” – Mac Anderson
30. “Self-care is taking all the pressures you are facing right now, and deciding to which you will respond, and how.” ― Imani Shola
Don’t forget to also check out these depression quotes on mental health to help you feel understood.
Self care quotes on why you need to nurture yourself.
31. “There is enough time for self-care. There is not enough time to make up for the life you’ll miss by not filling yourself up.” — Jennifer Williamson
32. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. ” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
33. “When the body forces you to STOP it’s saying, hey buddy, you’ve gone too far.” ― Jacqueline Escolme
34. “The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” – Anna Quindlen
35. “You owe yourself the love that you so freely give others.” – Unknown
36. “Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me, too.” ― L.R. Knost
37. “Your subconscious mind is paying attention to how you treat yourself.” ― Sam Owen
38. “Take the time today to love yourself. You deserve it.” ― Avina Celeste
39. “My brain and my heart are really important to me, I don’t know why I wouldn’t seek help to have those things be as healthy as my teeth. I go to the dentist. So why wouldn’t I go to a shrink?” – Kerry Washington
40. “I always give myself Sundays as a spiritual base of renewal—a day when I do absolutely nothing. I sit in my jammies or take a walk, and I allow myself time to BE—capital B-E—with myself.” – Oprah Winfrey
You might also like our list of inspirational self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
Inspirational quotes about self care
41. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer
42. “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
43. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” –Unknown
44. “Gard the doors of your temple, do not let anyone pollute it with there mess.” ― Patricio Telman Chincocolo
45. “For us to feel good emotionally, we have to look after ourselves.” ― Sam Owen
46. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
47. “The only person you shouldn’t be able to live without is you.” ― Chris McGeown
48. “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” – Deborah Day
49. “Caring for your body, mind, and spirit is your greatest and grandest responsibility. It’s about listening to the needs of your soul and then honoring them.” ― Kristi Ling
50. “For me, recovery and self-care are inextricably connected. My recovery from abuse, addiction, and a suicide attempt required dump truck loads of self-care.” ― Steve Austin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of suicide quotes that can bring you insight and comfort during difficult times.
Self care quotes to make you strong
51. “Maybe if we love ourselves healthy we will all heal?”― Nikki Rowe
52. “The love and attention you always thought you wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.”― Bryant McGillns
53. “Compassion is essential, but it’s not a substitute for self-expression, or self-respect, or self-compassion. Emotional self-care is also essential, but gently soothing our wounds does not replace communicating about them.”― Vironika Tugaleva
54. “No more martyring myself.”― Sharon E. Rainey
55. “Every morning, look in the mirror and affirm positive words into your life.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
56. “You can’t take care of anyone else unless you first take care of yourself.”― Michael Hyatt
57. “Our soul is like a soft and gentle flower, it needs to be nurtured, cared for, tended to, with sufficient sunlight, fresh air and freedom to bloom into its most precious and beautiful form. This, my friend, is self-love.”― Miya Yamanouchi
58. “It takes a rare person to care the same or more about you than themselves. So, until you find that person, please look after yourself.”― Charles F. Glassman
59. “Carve out and claim the time to care for yourself and kindle your own fire.”― Amy Ippoliti
60. “Don’t let hollow heroes distract you from saving yourself.”― Nikki Rowe
61. “Honoring your own boundaries is the clearest message to others to honor them, too.”― Gina Greenlee
62. “Doing something nice for myself is not selfish.”― Christine Morgan
63. “Taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin to take care of others.”― Bryant McGill
64. “I love you but I got to love me more.”― Peggi Speers
65. “Remember that this is YOUR LIFE, and nothing is more important than YOU.”― Miya Yamanouchi
Also, check out these wise wellness quotes that can help you achieve a better life.
Self care quotes to elevate your perspective
66. “Doing nothing has become one of the lost luxuries in these hectic times. But doing nothing, even for five minutes, can be rejuvenating. Go for it: You – unplugged.” – Joan Marques
67. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
68. “Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you.” — Katie Reed
69. “The only person that deserves a special place in your life is someone that never made you feel like you were an option in theirs.” ― Shannon L. Alder
70. “To meditate means to go home to yourself. Then you know how to take care of the things that are happening inside you, and you know how to take care of the things that happen around you.” – Thich Nhat Han
71. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.”– Robert Hand
72. “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” — Paulo Coelho
73. “What you think of yourself in your mind is nobody’s business. Make it count.” ― Majid Kazmi
74. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
75. “Man will never be stronger nor independent if he lives under perpetual motivation of others.” ― Toba Beta
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check our collection of eyes quotes that will intrigue you to look past what you see.
More inspirational self care quotes
76. “Stepping out of the busyness, stopping our endless pursuit of getting somewhere else, is perhaps the most beautiful offering we can make to our spirit.” – Tara Brach
77. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
78. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
79. “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.”– Vironika Tugaleva
80. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” — Stephen Covey
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
81. “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
82. “With every act of self-care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.” – Susan Weiss Berry
83. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
84. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
85. “Though we all make mistakes, don’t handicap yourself in difficult tasks; self-sabotage is not a strategy. Sometimes all you need to do is protect yourself from your own self.” ― Efrat Cybulkiewicz
Also check out these quotes about self harm that will help move you to a calm moment.
Self care quotes that will inspire you to make time for yourself
86. “Self-care is a deliberate choice to gift yourself with people, places, things, events, and opportunities that recharge our personal battery and promote whole health — body, mind, and spirit.” — Laurie Buchanan, PhD
87. “If we truly loved ourselves, we’d never harm another. That is a truly revolutionary, celebratory mode of self-care.” ― Sharon Salzberg
88. “Self-care is the number one solution to helping somebody else. If you are being good to yourself and your body and your psyche, that serves other people better, because you will grow strong enough to lift someone else up.” — Mary Lambert
89. “Self-love for me means accepting who I am and dealing with the perceived flaws that I live with.” ― Malebo Sephodi
90. “In my own deepening understanding of myself I find my capacity to serve others is deepened as well. The better I am at self-care the more genuinely nurturing of others I am able to be.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
91. “The value of self-care and self-love is often underestimated. It starts with you. You can’t give what you don’t have.” ― Izey Victoria Odiase
92. “When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.” — Solange Knowles
93. “Take time to do what makes your soul happy.” – Unknown
94. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ― Howard Thurman
95. “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms” – Unknown
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of massage quotes about the benefits of rubbing away the stress of life.
Self care quotes to broaden your thoughts
96. “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne
97. “For those of you who struggle with guilt regarding self-care, answer this question: What greater gift can you give to those you love than your own wholeness?” ― Shannon Tanner
98. “Any time we listen to true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves but for the many others whose lives we touch.” — Parker L. Palmer
99. “Self-care is allowing yourself to appreciate the moment for what it is, instead of wishing it was something else.” ― Sharon Pearson
100. “Harmony begins within. If we are to influence the world around us, even in minor ways, the real work begins inside and emanates outwards.” ― Gudjon Bergmann
101. Only you can allow yourself to explore the person in the mirror. Only you can coax yourself into a daring adventure to find your untapped potential.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of explore quotes about the power of travel and adventure.
102. “Choose, every day, to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed, and most of all worthy of love.” — Alison Malee
103. “When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.” – Kim McMilllen
104. “By taking care of myself I have so much more to offer the world than I do when I am running on empty.” – Ali Washington
105. “Life’s too short to spend it at war with yourself.” – Unknown
Self care quotes to empower you
106. “Be enough for yourself first, the rest of the world can wait.” – Unknown
107. “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” – Banksy
108. “Self love is asking yourself what you need – everyday – and then making sure you receive it.” – Unknown
109. “It’s okay to take time for yourself. We give so much of ourselves to others, and we need to be fueled both physically and mentally. If we are in balance, it helps us in all our interactions.” – Faith Hill
110. “Every time you make a commitment to your own self-care, self-love, and self-respect and then follow through, you build trust in yourself.” – Miranda J. Barrett
111. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give, and nobody will care for you.” – Karl Lagerfeld
112. “Inner peace beings the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chodron
113. “Self-Care equals success.” – Dixie L. Nichols
114. “When we self-regulate well, we are better able to control the trajectory of our emotional lives and resulting actions based on our values and sense of purpose.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
115. “Take time for self. It is a source of empowerment.” – Dixie L. Nichols
Self care quotes that will change the way you think
116. “When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
117. “Self-care sometimes is doing the things that will make your next 2 hours difficult, but your next 10 years easier.” – Em.x.thoughts
118. “People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness and inclusiveness.” – Sanaya Roman
119. “I believe that self-care is a daily practice that should involve your interests, needs and preferences. And it should have room to evolve with you over time.” – Portia Jackson-Preston
120. “And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” – John Steinbeck
121. “Learning self-care is like building your own lifeboat, plank by plank. Once you’ve got your boat, you’ll still be rocked by the waves of life, but you’ll have a feeling of safety, and stability that means you can pick other people up on your way.” – Nadia Narain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of safety quotes about the power of paying attention.
122. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha
123. “If we don’t take care of ourselves, if we don’t put on the oxygen mask first, we don’t have the capacity to help those people we care so much about.” – Megan McCormick
124. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
125. “To me, self-care isn’t really shallow. Showing up for yourself, putting on a little moisturizer, can inspire so many different parts of your life.” – Jonathan Van Ness
Self care quotes that will inspire you to make time for yourself
126. “We need to replace your vicious stress cycle with a vicious cycle of self-care.” – Sara Gottfried
127. “What they call you is one thing. What you answer to is something else.” ― Lucille Clifton
128. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
129. “If you don’t love yourself, how the hell you gon’ love somebody else?” – Ru Paul
130. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William S Burroughs
131. “Self-care is one of the active ways that I love myself. When you can and as you can, in ways that feel loving, make time and space for yourself.” – Tracee Ellis Ross
132. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou
133. “Your finest work, your best movements, your joy, peace, and healing come when you love yourself.” – Melodie Beattie
134. “Talk to yourself as you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
135. “Your brain is like a computer, you have to refresh or it’s going to crash. I don’t [care] how great you are, you have to take a second.” – Missy Elliot
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
Self care quotes to inspire you everyday
136. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
137. “It really is ok for there to be times when you stop putting everyone else first, and just do what’s best for you.” – Tracey Leech
138. “If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit.” – Banksy
139. “Guard the doors of your temple, do not let anyone pollute it with there mess.”― Patricio Telman Chincocolo
140. “If you’re feeling tired and run down rest, look after yourself, the world can wait.” – Akiroq Brost
141. “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts your life will start to change.” – Unknown
142. “Allow yourself to enjoy each happy moment in your life.” – Steve Maraboli
143. “Regardless of how anyone else feels about me, I am going to choose to love myself today.” – Unknown
144. “Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it.” – C. Assaad
145. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” – Andrea Dkystra
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
Self care quotes to elevate your mind
146. Give your stress wings, and let it fly away. ” – Terri Guillemets
147. “When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.”― Sanober Khan
148. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
149. “Respect, Love, and Value yourself. Always remember to be good to yourself by taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority and know that it’s okay. Don’t feel guilty for loving yourself, first! You’re just as important as anybody else.”― Stephanie Lahart
150. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
151. “The most important progress and success can’t be seen. If you can validate yourself internally, then external validation becomes a byproduct.”― Brittany Burgunder
152. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
153. “Don’t forget to appreciate yourself.”― Debasish Mridha
154. “Don’t take your health for granted. Don’t take your body for granted. Do something today that communicates to your body that you desire to care for it. Tomorrow is not promised.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
155. “The Universe will never require you to set yourself on fire to provide heat for others.”― Clyde Lee Dennis
Self care quotes to prove you’re important
156. “You are worth the quiet moment. You are worth the deeper breaths and you are worth the time it takes to slow down, be still, and rest.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
157. “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.” – R.Z.
158. “Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.” – Lalah Delia
159. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
160. “It’s so empowering to say ‘this isn’t serving me’ and walk away in peace.” – Unknown
161. “Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.”― Ovid
162. “Take time off. The world will not fall apart without you.” – Malebo Sephodi
163. “Saying no can be the ultimate self-care.”— Claudia Black
164. “It’s not selfish to do what’s best for you.” – Mark Sutton
165. “If you want to help her, you need to help yourself first. No one serves their friends by grinding themselves into dust on the altar of compassion.”
— Seanan McGuire
Have you seen these know your worth quotes to empower you?
Self-care quotes about how vital it is
166. “Self-care means giving yourself permission to pause.” — Cecilia Tran
167. “Self-care doesn’t necessarily mean jogging!” — Sandra Oh
168. “Honestly, self-care is not fluffy. It’s something we should take seriously.” — Kris Carr
169. “Women need solitude in order to find again the true essence of themselves.” ― Anne Morrow Lindbergh
170. “Grab a coffee. Journal your intentions. Get to work. Create miracles.” — Elyse Santilli
171. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does—that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams
172. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” — Sandra Bierig
173. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck
174. “Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” — Princess Diana
175. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” — Wayne Dyer
More self care quotes and sayings
176. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball
177. “This year, I will love the work in progress that is me.” – Unknown
178. “The love and attention you always wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.” — Bryant McGill
179. “Nurture your spark. Find your uniqueness. Know how much you matter.” – Unknown
180. “Take care of yourself as if you’re the most awesome person you’ve ever met.” – Jen Sincero
181. “The best health care plan is a self-care plan.” – Nina Leavins
182. “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brene Brown
183. “Taking care of yourself isn’t about trying to become perfect. It’s about realizing and honouring, in every moment, that you already are.” – Vironika Tugaleva
184. “You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become and how happy you are.” – Rachel Hollis
185. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Self-care quotes about taking care of your mind, memories, and spiritual self
186. “Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.” — Bob Dylan
187. “If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of me.” — Dwight L. Moody
188. “Take care of your inner, spiritual beauty. That will reflect in your face.” — Dolores del Rio
189. “You have to create little pockets of joy in your life to take care of yourself.” — Jonathan Van Ness
190. “One way to feel good about yourself is to love yourself… to take care of yourself.” — Goldie Hawn
191. “Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.” — George Bernard Shaw
192. “I think it’s when you take care of yourself, you love yourself that you truly bloom and look your most beautiful.” — Heart Evangelista
193. “I feel like knowledge is power: If you know how to take care of yourself, you can be a better version of yourself.” — Miranda Kerr
194. “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” — Swami Vivekananda
195. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” — Marcus Aurelius
Encouraging self care quotes
196. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
197. “To be a good parent, you need to take care of yourself so that you can have the physical and emotional energy to take care of your family.” – Michelle Obama
198. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William Jones
199. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Sydney J. Harris
200. “Taking care of myself doesn’t mean “me first.” It means “me, too.” – L. R. Knost
201. “The inhale is absolutely essential if you want to continue to exhale.” – Roshi Joan Halifax
202. “Stopping takes courage, too.” – Emma Xu
203. “Your mind has been working so hard. Be gentle with it. Let it take a much-needed break.” – Emma Xu
204. “Just because you take breaks doesn’t mean you’re broken.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
205. “Self-discipline is self-caring.” – M. Scott Peck
Self care quotes for soul care
206. “Just as my body suddenly yearns for long walks in the warm sunshine, so, too, my soul yearns to be stretched and watered after a somewhat stagnant season of comfortable coziness.” –Laura Thomas
207. “If you want to feel loving, I coached myself, do something loving. This is basic soul care.” -Anne Lamott
208. “Truly, sacred rest is soul care. We honor quiet time alone with God. We intentionally step away from the chaos of life. We unplug from noise and distractions. We relish moments of tranquility.” –Dana Arcuri
209. “You can’t fix the problems of the soul with a change in behavior only.” –Rob Reimer
210. “We long for blessed rest that reaches into our marrow and beyond. More than physical, mental, and emotional; complete and utter rest for our battered, frazzled, hopelessly forgetful souls.” –Laura Thomas
211. “And scanning my handiwork, I realized that I did not make the garden beautiful. Rather, I just cleared away everything that had kept the beauty from being seen. And I thought, should we not do the same with our souls?” –Craig D. Lounsbrough
212. “To heal ourselves from stress and emotional burnout we must give ourselves full permission to slow down and rest.” –Esther Marie Yoga
213. “Maybe we’re not just ‘tired.’ Maybe we’re spiritually malnourished and emotionally drained. Today I commit to feeding my soul.” –Faith Broussard Cade
214. “Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever; and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow.” -St. Augustine
215. “There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither.” –Alan Cohen
Self care quotes to help you pause
216. “When you take care of yourself, you will improve the length and quality of your life as well as increase the quality of your business and add more years to its life.” -Pooja Agnihotri
217. “In dealing with those who are undergoing great suffering, if you feel ‘burnout’ setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself. The point is to have a long-term perspective.” -Dalai Lama
218. “Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves.” – Nathaniel Branden
219. “How we care for ourselves gives our brain messages that shape our self-worth. So we must care for ourselves in every way, every day.” – Sam Owen
220. “Invent your world. Surround yourself with people, color, sounds, and work that nourish you.” -Susan Kennedy
221. “Your breathing is your greatest friend. Return to it in all your troubles, and you will find comfort and guidance.”– Unknown Author
222. “Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners.” -William Shakespeare
223. “There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by myself.”– Brian Andreas
224. “Learning to treat ourselves lovingly may at first feel like a dangerous experiment.”– Sharon Salzberg
225. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” –Oprah Winfrey
Self Care Quotes to help you Put Yourself Before Others
226. “The only one you should compare yourself to is you. Your mission is to become better today than you were yesterday. You do that by focusing on what you can do today to improve and grow.” – John Maxwell
227. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
228. “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
229. “The more you are like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” – Walt Disney
230. “Real change will come when you focus on yourself.”- Ritu Ghatourey
231. “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” – Rick Riordan
232. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” – Marvin Gaye
233. “Focus on your opinion of yourself and not the opinion others have of you.” – Winnie Harlow
234. “You’ve sacrificed too much for others. Now do the same for yourself.” – Mitta Xinindlu
235. “Looking after yourself is the greatest act of kindness you can give the world. Loving yourself first is the best way to spread love.” – Holly Bourne
Self Care Quotes That Make Your Mind Relax
236. “Care for your psyche…know thyself, for once we know ourselves, we may learn how to care for ourselves.” — Socrates
237. “The care, therefore, of every man’s soul belongs unto himself.” — John Locke
238. “Self-care is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation.” — Audre Lorde
239. “You can’t really be present for the people in your life if you aren’t taking care of yourself.” — Kerry Washington
240. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” — André Gide
241. “The perfect man of old looked after himself first before looking to help others.” — Chuang Tzu
242.“Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” — Rob Liano
243. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” — Mark Twain
244. “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” — Beau Taplin
245. “Self-care is so much more than a beauty regimen or an external thing you do. It has to start within your heart to know what you need to navigate your life. A pedicure doesn’t last, but meditating every day does.” — Carrie-Anne Moss
Self Care Quotes To Encourage Self-Love
246. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
247. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” — Hermann Hesse
248. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
249. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
250. “Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
251. “You are magnificent beyond measure, perfect in your imperfections, and wonderfully made.” — Abiola Abrams
252. “Self-care is non-negotiable. That’s the thing that you have to do. And beauty is the thing that can be the benefit of self-care. Beauty is not the point. Beauty is just a cute side-effect from self-care.”— Jonathan Van Ness
253. “Self-care equals success. You’re going to be more successful if you take care of yourself and you’re healthy.”— Beth Behrs
254. “Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future.” — Alice Walker
255. “Self-love is the source of all our other loves.” — Pierre Corneille
Self Care Quotes To Renew Your Energy
256. “Your self-care is your superpower, cultivate the heck out of it – love yourself up.” ― Anese Cavanaugh
257. “Self-care is your fuel…Whatever the road ahead or the path you’ve taken, self-care is what keeps your motor running and your wheels turning.” ― Melissa Steginus
258. “Do not be afraid to give yourself everything you’ve ever wanted in life.” ― Frank Lloyd Wright
259. “Sometimes all we need is a little pampering to help us feel better…” ― Charles M. Schulz
260. “It’s okay to do nothing if you can once in a while. It’s okay to not be perfect, to not get it all done…take care of yourself. Do what recharges you. Lessons I’m learning in my old age.” ― Leah Remini
261. “Pamper yourself into alignment with who you really are and then face your day.” ― Abraham
262. “We both were traveling for our own self care and to feed our wandering souls…existing in other places so that we could remember who we were and then come home to ourselves.” ― Candy Leigh
263. “Good well-being leads to good working performance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
264. “Self-care refers to a meaningful self-investment.” ― Melissa Steginus
265. “Selfishness at the expense of others is bad. Self-care for the betterment of others is good.” — Richie Norton
Empowering Self-Care Quotes for a Better You
266. “You can’t take care of others if you don’t take care of yourself.” ― Oprah Winfrey
267. “We shouldn’t just think about mammograms and self-exams and self-care once a year. It should be an ongoing thing.” ― Suzy Nakamura
268. “Effective health care depends on self-care; this fact is currently heralded as if it were a discovery.” ― Ivan Illich
269. “Facials are my biggest beauty indulgence. Looking good is about having a good base. It’s about taking care of your skin.” ― Halle Berry
270. “Writing about my illness put me into places. It was very triggering. I had to completely remove myself and practice self-care. I learned to be patient.” ― Jenny Lawson
271. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
272. “The biggest enemies of willpower: temptation, self-criticism, and stress. (…) these three skills —self-awareness, self-care, and remembering what matter most— are the foundation for self-control.” ― Kelly McGonigal
273. “A lot of times what’s satisfying to me in comedy is when a woman successfully does self-care.” ― Jenny Slate
274. “Self-care means accepting some risk, and accepting much responsibility. It is not for all people or all cases.” ― Andrew Saul
275. “I just can’t seem to make myself care about what I look like when I am working out.” ― Julie Bowen
Which of these self-care quotes is your favorite?
No matter how busy life gets, we must never forget to take care of ourselves.
Without self care, it will be almost impossible for you to live a happy and fulfilling life.
When faced with life’s challenges, taking the time to look after yourself will help you refocus and regain the strength to tackle whatever is in front of you.
Hopefully, these quotes have reminded you why taking care of yourself is not only important but crucial.
Did you enjoy these self care quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
February 3, 2023 6:00 AM EST