Watching Smokey and the Bandit will be a fun use of an hour and 36 minutes of your time.
It is your typical action, slapstick comedy filled with car chases, crashes, and ridiculous behavior.
These Smokey and the Bandit quotes are funny and are guaranteed to make you giggle.
There are also quotes directly from Bandit, Buford T. Justice, and Big and Little Enos!
This article also answers some questions that people have about the film, like is Jerry Reed really driving the truck in Smokey and the Bandit?
The 1977 American film touted an all-star lineup with Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Jackie Gleason, Jerry Reed, Pat McCormick, Paul Williams, and Mike Henry.
In the film, Bo “Bandit” Darville (Reynolds) and Cledus “Snowman” Snow (Reed), are bootleggers illegally transporting cases of Coors beer from Texarkana to Atlanta, while being pursued by Texas county sheriff Buford T. Justice (Gleason).
The Snowman is tasked with driving the truck, filled with contraband, as Bandit follows him in a Pontiac Trans Am.
In reality, though, Jerry Reed’s character is not actually driving the truck!
They loaded the truck onto a flatbed trailer and had another 18 wheeler tow it around.
Keep reading through these Smokey and the Bandit quotes and decide for yourself if you want to watch this classic.
Don’t forget to also check out these Indiana Jones quotes from the iconic movie series starring Harrison Ford
Funny Smokey and the Bandit quotes and lines
1. Bandit: “What do you think they do for excitement in this town?”
Cledus Snow: “Probably sit around and watch the cars rust.”
2. “I find it hard to look at you, Waynette. With all those curlers in your hair, you look like you’re tryin’ to pick up a radio station in Savannah.” ― Bandit
3. “I think I’m in love with your belt buckle.” ― Carrie
4. “I don’t think my dog bit you, mister. ‘Cause Fred definitely don’t like grease!” ― Cledus Snow
5. “I’m right down at the bottom of the hill, Sheriff. I’m about six-foot-eight, in a cowboy outfit, got a little pygmy standing right beside me dressed just like me. You can’t miss me. 10-4.” ― Bandit
6. Sheriff Branford: “The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.”
Sheriff Buford T. Justice: “The damn Germans got nothin’ to do with it…”
7. Big Enos: “You see son, old legends never die. They just lose weight.”
Little Enos: “I guess a legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot alike, daddy.”
8. Sheriff Buford T. Justice: “Hey boy, where’s Sheriff Branford?”
Branford: “I am Sheriff Branford.”
Sheriff Buford T. Justice: “Ooh, hee hee, for some reason or another, you sounded a little
taller on radio.”
Smokey and the Bandit quotes from Bandit
9. “For the good old American life: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun… mostly for the money.” ― Bandit
10. “We both like half of my face.” ― Bandit
11. “New car. Gotta have a new car to block for the truck.” ― Bandit
12. “Before I tell you where I am, Sheriff, there’s just one thing I wanna say. You must be part coon dog, ’cause I’ve been chased by the best of them, and son, you make ’em look like they’re all runnin’ in slow motion. I just wanna say that.” ― Bandit
13. “We’re on our way to Boston to pick up some clam chowder. Bye-bye!” ― Bandit
14. “I can drive any forkin’ thing around.” ― Bandit
15. “Because you’re always hoppin’ around. And kinda you’re cute, like a frog. And I’d like ta jump ya.” ― Bandit
16. “When you tell somebody somethin’, it depends on what part of the country you’re standin’ in… as to just how dumb you are.” ― Bandit
17. “And you have a unique way with the English language, Miss Frog.” ― Bandit
18. “That’s cause *we* ain’t never done it in no rig. You got to stop thinkin so negative son, we ain’t not never made it yet have we?” ― Bandit
19. “I take my hat off for one thing, and one thing only.” ― Bandit
20. “You chasin’ somebody Sheriff? Somebody chasin’ you?” ― Bandit
21. “This is the Bandit, darlin’.” ― Bandit
22. “Listen, darlin’, we’re gonna come screaming by there in about 5 minutes with a horde of Smokeys on our ass. How about getting those pals of yours out there to block them off?” ― Bandit
23. “Goddamn it, son, we gave it our best shot. I don’t like it any more than you do, but… we ain’t gonna make it, son. We’re gonna hang it up.” ― Bandit
24. “Watch your language, little lady.” ― Bandit
Smokey and the Bandit quotes from Jackie Gleason as Buford T. Justice
25. “There’s no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I’m gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!” ― Buford T. Justice (Jackie Gleason)
Which of these Smokey and the Bandit quotes is your favorite?
Bandit’s job is to distract law enforcement by “blocking,” hoping to keep their attention on him and not the Snowman.
The film was the second-highest-grossing domestic film of 1977.
They had a budget of $4.3 million, and it raked in $126 million.
The only film to beat them at the box office that year was Star Wars, and there really is no comparing Star Wars to a regular movie!
Sally Field and Burt Reynolds began their off-and-on-again relationship after meeting on the set of Smokey and the Bandit.
The relationship lasted about five years, and the duo filmed 3 additional movies together.
Sally field wrote in her memoir that they were “a perfect match of flaws,” and that the relationship was a transformative part of her life.
Are you a Smokey and the Bandit fan?
Share your favorite part of the movie or other favorite Smokey and the Bandit quotes and lines with us in the comment section below.
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST