Find out if you are a go-getter or a goal-getter with our goal-getter quotes.
There is a difference between being a goal-getter and a go-getter.
Find out how to distinguish them with our goal-getter quotes below.
What is a goal-getter?
A goal-getter is someone who continuously chooses, sets, and achieves their goals.
Goal-getters hold themselves to a standard of excellence and are not easily repelled by challenges.
Check out these characteristics of goal-getters below:
- Goal-getters hold themselves to high standards.
- Goal-getters prioritize actions to improve their life.
- Goal-getters pursue dreams with focus and motivation.
What is the difference between a go-getter and a goal-getter?
Goal-getting and go-getting are easily confused.
A go-getter works hard, is active, and hustles every day.
Many people relate to being a go-getter.
For example, a person may be the first to show up for work and the last to leave every day.
These types of individuals take pride in not being outworked.
However, a setback of being a go-getter is confusing activity with achievement.
Getting to work early and staying late can be advantageous, but if they do not result in a higher quality of life or a better position, can we honestly say this brings success?
Unfortunately, these types of actions do not guarantee success.
Action and achievement are not the same thing.
The workers who arrived early and stayed late did not achieve anything except give up their time through activity.
A goal-getter sets a goal so that the hard work of arriving early or staying late is accomplished with a tangible purpose marked by success.
How can I become a goal-getter?
Everyone can be a goal-getter.
It involves taking time to set a goal and having the drive and discipline to make it happen.
One way to fund success is to create a vision for the future by making goal-setting a continuous process.
You can also choose different types of goals; smart goals and challenging goals.
Sharing your goals with supportive friends and family can help solidify your journey.
Writing goals down is a powerful way to turn something etheric into something tangible.
Lofty and large goals can be broken down into smaller goals.
Each goal should have an action plan you take steps to fulfill.
Lastly, celebrating success is essential to reenergize you and take you to your next goal.
To learn more, check out our goal-getter quotes below.
Short goal-getter quotes from successful people
Check out these short and sweet goal-getter quotes.
1. “If you can clearly articulate the dream or the goal, start.” — Simon Sinek
2. “No desired achievement is gained without any goal setting.” — Wayne Chirisa
3. “If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small.” — Azim Premji
4. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
5. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
Related: Short Inspirational Quotes
6. “Decide whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying.” — Amelia Earhart
7. “Goals are good for setting a direction, but systems are best for making progress.” — James Clear
8. “If you are persistent, you will reach your goal. If you are consistent, you will keep it.” — Zig Ziglar
9. “Be a goal-setter, a go-getter, all the while, moving, in humility and kindness.” — Kamini Arichandran
10. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals, and I try to ignore the rest.” — Venus Williams
The top goal-getter quotes for reaching your zenith
Check out these goal-getter quotes about making it to the top.
11. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” — Napoleon Hill
12. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” — Jim Rohn
13. “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
14. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
15. “In your thinking be a goal setter, but in your actions be a goal getter.” — Barry Gallagher
16. “A goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves simply as something to aim at.” — Bruce Lee
17. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals. Adjust the action steps.” — Confucius
18. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” — Jill Koenig
19. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” — Bill Copeland
20. “The only thing standing in between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” — Jordan Belfort
The best goal-getter quotes for motivated minds
These goal-getter quotes are sure to get your creative juices going.
21. “Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.” — Brian Tracy
22. “Think big goals and win big success.” — David Joseph Schwartz
23. “You have to set goals that are almost out of reach.” — Steve Garvey
24. “Think little goals and expect little achievements.” — David Joseph Schwartz
25. “One part at a time, one day at a time, we can accomplish any goal we set ourselves.” — Karen Casey
26. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie
27. “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” — Les Brown
28. “You can’t hit a home run unless you step up to the plate. You can’t catch a fish unless you put your line in the water. You can’t reach your goals if you don’t try.” — Kathy Seligman
29. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose; somehow we always win out.” — Ronald Reagan
30. “Most ‘impossible’ goals can be met simply by breaking them down into bite-sized chunks, writing them down, believing them, and then going full speed ahead as if they were routine.” — Don Lancaster
Famous goal-getter quotes about life
These goal-getter quotes are absolutely fabulous.
31. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” — Zig Ziglar
32. “If you are clear about your goals and take several steps in the right direction every day, eventually you will succeed.” — Jack Canfield
33. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” — Jordan Belfort
34. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be.” — Mark Victor Hansen
35. “If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.” — Steve Garvey
36. “So decide what it is you want, write it down, review it constantly, and each day do something that moves you toward those goals.” — Jack Canfield
37. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act.” — Pablo Picasso
38. “To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals.” —Brian Tracy
40. “To embark on the journey towards your goals and dreams requires bravery. To remain on that path requires courage. The bridge that merges the two is commitment.” — Steve Maraboli
Goal-getter quotes and sayings to live by
We close our goal-getter quotes with these inspiring selections.
41. “We goal-getters in Wu sweaters.” — Ghostface Killah
42. “We have to work together if we plan to reach our goals.” — Killer Mike
43. “Life is like chess. I set a goal, make a move, and then I accomplish it.” — GZA
44. “We are all goal-getters. None of us would have made it out the hood if we weren’t about our hustle.” — Raekwon
45. “Treat your goals like you would your sat nav: Set the destination and let the route unfold as you go.” — Sarah Dew
46. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” — Jill Koenig
47. “If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” — Brian Tracy
48. “With consistency and reps and routine, you’re going to achieve your goals and get where you want to be.” — Mandy Rose
49. “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” — Tom Landry
50. “You can achieve any goal you want to accomplish. You just have to put in the work, trust the process and keep the faith.” — Sarah Dew
Today’s goal-getter becomes tomorrow’s success story
Everyone is a goal-getter in one way, shape, or form.
We all just have different goals in life.
What makes you a goal-getter?
Do you have a favorite goal-getter quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.