These tire quotes are for everyone because whether you drive a car, ride a bike, or use buses or airplanes, we can appreciate tires.
A tire is a rubber cylinder that fits on a round rim and is designed to transfer the vehicle’s load from the rim and rubber tire to the ground.
Rubber tires also provide excellent traction to grip different terrain depending on the tire’s design.
Modern technology can design tires for all terrains or weather conditions, such as hot pavement, wet pavement, dirt roads, mud, snow, rain, etc.
Being able to grip the road safely is imperative in creating a safe driving environment, as good tires allow you to handle your vehicle more accurately and stop faster.
Besides being imperative for the transportation industry, tires play an important role in construction.
Large construction vehicles use tires and even wheelbarrows use tires.
Take a look at these tire quotes to learn more about this important invention.
Best Tire Quotes for Car Guys
Enjoy some of the best car and tire quotes from a range of companies and people.
1. “Tires make the difference.” — Firestone
2. “I didn’t want a pickup with mud tires.” — Walker Hayes
3. “Good tires are the foundation of a safe ride.” — Bridgestone
4. “I had to stop driving my car for a while… the tires got dizzy.” — Steven Wright
5. “The best tires are the ones that give you peace of mind.” — Continental
6. “No matter our driving habits, we all know we must regularly maintain our car’s vitals – oil, tires, brakes, etc.” — Dinesh Paliwal
7. “We left it up on blocks, and then we sold his own wheels and tires back to him the next day.” — Hank Williams Jr.
8. “Take care of your car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road.” — Amit Kalantri
9. “The tires were scorching hot; in fact, I burned my fingers on one.” — Malcolm Campbell
10. “We are supposed to come to the end of our lives not with anything left but everything exhausted. The tires are blown down; you’re out of gasoline, you are coming to a screeching halt – you know you have done everything you can possibly do.” — Mike Hughes
Fast Car and Tire Quotes
Race fans and fast drivers will love these quotes.
11. “In the old days, drivers were fat, and tires were skinny.” — Jose Froilan Gonzalez
12. “I love fast cars and too fast in them.” — Lara Flynn Boyle
13. “As soon as you go off the racing line, you go through all the dust and then have to spend time cleaning up your tires.” — Jos Verstappen
14. “If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough.” — Parnelli Jones
15. “But my passion is racing cars. It’s what I like to do in my off time.” — Mark-Paul Gosselaar
16. “This is motor racing. We got at very high speeds, and tires have always been deflating or exploding. It is just part of the sport.” — Toto Wolff
17. “I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.” — Steven Wright
18. “You’re safer in the race car than you are in cars going to and from the track.” — Mario Andretti
19. “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.” — Colin Mcrae
20. “The perfect racing car crosses the finish line first and subsequently falls into its component parts.” — Ferdinand Porsche
Flat Tire Quotes
No one likes a flat tire, as shown in the quotes below.
21. “I may be a living legend, but that sure don’t help when I’ve got to change a flat tire.” — Roy Orbison
22. “A mobile home with a flat tire is a home.” — Demetri Martin
23. “Some days, taking up your cross feels like putting up with an annoying coworker or a flat tire. And some days taking up your cross feels like what it is—death.” — Jared C. Wilson
24. “I’m no mechanic, but I can change my oil, and I know what to do when I get a flat tire, and I can hot-wire it in an emergency.” — Amber Heard
25. “If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.” — George Edward Woodberry
26. “‘Isn’t it fun getting older?” is really a terrible fallacy. That’s like saying, ‘I prefer driving an old car with a flat tire.’” — Katharine Hepburn
27. “We’re not going to win because you have a new head coach any more than you are going to fix a flat tire by changing the driver.” — Lou Holtz
28. “You might be a redneck if your momma calls you over to help, cause she has a flat tire on her house.” — Jeff Foxworthy
29. “I grew up among farmers in Illinois, and so you always have to have the tools you might need in the eventuality of a flat tire or a broken window.” — Nick Offerman
30. “It is bad enough to reinvent the wheel. What really hurts is when they reinvent the flat tire.” — Lee S Shulman
More Tire Quotes, Sayings, and Stories
Tires are used in many analogies, as shown in the following quotes.
31. “I prefer natural hardwood lump charcoal – the other stuff makes your food taste like Goodyear tires.” — Jose Andres
32. “I went to jail at 16 for stealing tires off Cadillacs. When I got out, I said, never again.” — Barry White
33. “As far as jumping on the tires and the other drills I’ve done, they just allowed my legs to get stronger.” — Ja Morant
34. “Investors have a few spare tires left. Think of the image of a car on a bumpy road to an uncertain destination that has already used up its spare tire.” — Mohamed El-Erian
35. “I love weights, but it’s too far to get to the gym. So I make the farm my gym: I split wood and haul tires and do work on the farm, and that’s sort of my weight training portion.” — Ann Bancroft
36. “Over the years, I had my heart broken so badly that if I didn’t find a way to get all the pain out, I was going to lose my mind. I was crazy, like wanting to slash tires and smash car windows.” — Jill Scott
37. “Tires were so bald on the truck that the air was showin’ through, and I had to drive fifty miles an hour all the way out there because the vibration was so bad.” — Chris LeDoux
38. “Firstly, the cars aren’t too complicated. They have no traction control, for example, which means you can spin if you try too hard and damage your tires if you’re not careful with your driving style.” — Nigel Mansell
39. “I always felt my role was like the pit crew in a NASCAR race, and President Obama was Dale Jr. – he’s driving, and my job is to change the tires and get him back on the road.” — Austan Goolsbee
40. “The Freebirds would get their tires cut, so they started driving to the police station and having the police bring them to the show. The fans then cut the tires on the police car that brought The Freebirds.” — Jim Cornette
Song Lyrics With Tire Quotes
Tires are used in many song lyrics, as you’ll see in these lyrics below.
41. “Girl, I can hardly wait to get a little mud on the tires.” — Brad Paisley
42. “Slashed a hole in all four fires. Maybe next time, he’ll think before he cheats.” — Carrie Underwood
43. “I’ll slash your tire just cause I enjoy the hiss sound.” — Dan Bull
44. “I love you so much I wanna slash your tires / to stop you from drivin’ drunk.” — Pink
45. “Somebody, somebody out there, bound to slash your tires.” — Jerry Joseph
46. “Let’s slash Grandma’s tires on election day / Let’s save our country’s future with a razor blade.” — Josh Woodward
47. “Slash your tires, flyin’ down Fenkel and Myers / Plates expired, soon as I’m hired, I’m fired.” — Eminem
48. “Make so I can never leave / Slash my tires / Rip my clothes / Don’t let me go” — Guy Sebastian
49. “And slash the tires on the school bus / now don’t say a word” — Tom Waits
50. “All my tires were slashed, and I almost crashed, but the Lord had mercy” —Bruce Springsteen
When was the Rubber Tire Invented?
Tires have been integral for vehicles since the invention of the first one.
At that time, the tires were made of leather, steel, or wood, and they did not provide the rubber tire’s comfortable ride or gripping ability.
In 1847, Robert William Thomson lodged the first patent for a rubber tire, but in 1888, John Boyd Dunlap made the first pneumatic tire that we still use today.
Please share these tire quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about the tire in the comment section below.