Great Tyler the Creator Quotes From the Grammy-Winning Artist
April 11, 2023 5:00 AM EST
To learn more about the former Odd Future frontman, check out the Tyler the Creator quotes below.
Multi-hyphenate superstar Tyler, the Creator has spent over a decade taking over the industries of fashion, TV, and music.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by Dr. Pamela Rutledge at the Media Psychology Research Center, engaging with inspiring quotes can boost one’s mood and self-esteem.
Dr. Rutledge found that people who read positive quotes report an increased sense of well-being and motivation.
What’s your favorite Tyler, the Creator song?
Tyler, the Creator (born Tyler Gregory Okonoma) first captured the attention of fans, critics, and onlookers alike with his first solo mixtape Bastard and its controversial single “Yonkers.”
The buzz surrounding Tyler, and the hip-hop collective Odd Future as a whole, lead to the entire group getting a record deal in late 2011.
Tyler, the Creator has accomplished many things throughout his long-running career including developing a sketch comedy show on Adult Swim and starting a popular fashion brand.
The artist also created five studio albums, including the Grammy-Winning Igor.
For relatable, inspirational, and lyrical quotes from Tyler, the Creator, check out the list below.
Don’t forget to also check out these hilarious Schitt’s Creek quotes from the Emmy-Winning comedy.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Relatable Tyler the Creator quotes
A 2019 survey conducted by the Pew Research Center revealed that 81% of US adults aged 18-29 listen to various types of music.
This highlights the potential for Tyler the Creator’s quotes to resonate with a wide audience, as many young people are familiar with diverse music genres.
1. “I never want to grow up.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on funny yearbook quotes.
2. “Youth is something I never wanna take for granted. I just want to smile and live life.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on eminem quotes.
3. “I’m a pretty nice dude. I have fun, and people take it the wrong way.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on pete buttigieg quotes.
4. “I live in my own head and it all makes sense to me.” ― Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on rainbow quotes.
5. “I’m not a follower. I’m a leader. And anyone who speaks their mind is always criticized.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on hard work quotes.
6. “I just want everyone to be awesome. That’s all it is. I want everyone to be cool in their own way.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on bad bitch quotes.
7. “I’m an optimistic guy. I’m one of those big dreamers. I’m one of those kids with that annoying imagination.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on teen quotes.
8. “Being in love is cool as hell, like having feelings and sh*t, it’s tight.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on shoe quotes.
9. “If the world was ending, I think I would grab some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, a bunch of water, and I’d probably just… I’d probably go crazy.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on beach quotes and captions.
10. “I never had a drink in my life. I don’t smoke or anything.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on november quotes.
11. “I was sitting like, there’s nothing I want to buy. I was fully okay with life. It was nothing I was stressed about. I wasn’t sore nowhere. I’m financially good. Everyone around me is healthy. No grudges. The weather was great.” – Tyler, the Creator
You will also enjoy our article on freaky quotes.
12. “Honestly, I’m a weak bitch. My punches are not good. I can run fast, but if I had to hold somebody from falling off a cliff, they’re going to die.” – Tyler, the Creator
13. “I’m f**king stoked. My life is sick. I get to still skate around like I did three years ago. I might have to take a couple of pictures, but whatever. I have money to go do stupid sh*t. I couldn’t ask for nothing else.” – Tyler, the Creator
Powerful Tyler the Creator quotes
Research by Dr. Noelle Nelson, a psychologist and author of the book “The Power of Appreciation,” emphasizes the impact of positive words on our emotional and mental state.
Dr. Nelson’s findings show that reading uplifting quotes like those from Tyler the Creator can enhance happiness, motivation, and overall well-being.
14. “Do what the f**k makes you happy. Because in the end, who’s there? You.” ― Tyler, the Creator
15. “Don’t be scared of color.” – Tyler, the Creator
16. “Do something productive, stay the f**k off of Snapchat.” – Tyler, the Creator
17. “It’s actually beautiful that we’re aware of this superpower that we have where we’re just us, no matter what. We don’t get nervous in front of people. We look in the mirror and we’re okay with it.” – Tyler, the Creator
18. “People are more obsessed with the idea of failing than the idea of succeeding.” – Tyler, the Creator
19. “I think people get caught up in having an identity. “ – Tyler, the Creator
20. “Wherever my curiosity takes me, I follow. If I f**king hate it, I’m on to the next thing. A lot of people don’t move like that and it just boggles my mind. It’s like a math problem I can’t comprehend.” – Tyler, the Creator
21. “You gotta keep things fun…Laughing is really important to your health, believe it or not, so I guess I just always try to have fun and keep the energy alive.” – Tyler, the Creator
Tyler the Creator quotes on music and career
A study conducted by the Pew Research Center found that millennials listen to more music than any other age group, with 75% of them claiming to listen to music daily.
This statistic emphasizes the importance of music in today’s culture and how Tyler the Creator’s quotes can relate to this generation’s love for music.
22. “My lyrics aren’t offensive. Some people find everything offensive.” – Tyler, the Creator
23. “I’m like a big 10-year-old when I’m on stage. I just go up there and do whatever I think is cool at the time.” – Tyler, the Creator
24. “I want to take Justin Bieber for a month and just lock him up in a cage where we sit and make music. He’s one of the most successful people in the world, but his music could be so much tighter.” – Tyler, the Creator
25. “I’m not hip-hop. I’m Tyler.” – Tyler, the Creator
26. “I don’t have a therapist, so I use me as my own therapist when I’m making the music.” – Tyler, the Creator
27. “Usually, when I’m rappin’, I’m creating a big story or a concept song that sounds like a movie to me.” – Tyler, the Creator
28. “Long story short, my biggest songs to date are all singing songs. And the people who were saying that I was bad were just projecting their inner fears of trying something that they wanted to try, but not being able to. And now I’m better at singing and they’re probably not better at whatever they wanted to do.” – Tyler, the Creator
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of song quotes from some of the biggest hits.
29. “I want to design jewelry for girls and guys… I’ma spread it out, but I’ma design, probably when I’m just designing furniture and buildings, I’ll probably being the jewelry thing, too.” – Tyler, the Creator
30. “Rap is really just too conventional. Everybody does the same thing. No one ever pushes the box.” – Tyler, the Creator
31. “Ni**a be like why didn’t my fav rapper blow up prolly cause he has the personality of a chair ni**as be flat haha.” – Tyler, the Creator
32. “Since day one, I’ve always wanted to make the prettiest s*it that’s borderline boring or the hardest f**king sh*t…I’ve been trying to mix those together since my first album.” – Tyler, the Creator
33. “I love talking about music. I’ll show you a song and break it down for 50 minutes. I’m a geek about it.” – Tyler, the Creator
34. “There are people I really admire. But they influence me pretty heavy right now because my own style is still blossoming. So I’m not going to tell you who they are because then you’ll know where I’m stealing from.” – Tyler, the Creator
35. “I want to do films and have my name mentioned next to Wes Anderson and Quentin Tarantino. I don’t want my name mentioned next to other rappers at all.” – Tyler, the Creator
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Quentin Tarantino quotes that showcase the award-winning director’s successful and eventful life.
Tyler the Creator quotes on upbringing and family
A study conducted by the University of Westminster found that music can have a significant impact on a person’s emotions and mood, with happy music having a positive effect on mental health.
This finding is relevant to Tyler the Creator’s quotes, which often touch on themes of self-improvement and positivity.
36. “I wasn’t shy, but I was really hyper. Nobody got my sense of humor. I was a black skater kid.” – Tyler, the Creator
37. “I want to make as much money as I possibly can so that when my day comes, my mother and sister is fine. My close friends are fine. They don’t have to worry about anything ever again.” – Tyler, the Creator
38. “I just live life. I grew up in a Christian family, but, you know, the way Mom brought me up is to, you know, do you, to always be yourself.” – Tyler, the Creator
39. “Hawthorne sucks… It’s a crazy place, and I’m happy that I was the weird one that got out.” – Tyler, the Creator
40. “I think, if I had a dad, I would have went the normal college route. I’m so stoked my life panned out how it was.” – Tyler, the Creator
41. “I’m a big ‘Goosebumps’ fan – ‘Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes.’ My favorites are the pick-your-own-death ones.” – Tyler, the Creator
42. “Humans have voids, and you need things to fill voids… I didn’t have a dad to fill that male model void, so when I heard Eminem or freaking seen Dave Chapelle, that’s what I gravitated to.” – Tyler, the Creator
43. “I was just such an erratic, wild personality….When you finally find someone to listen to you after years of not being taken seriously, you hold that sh*t to your heart.” – Tyler, the Creator
Tyler the Creator quotes from his songs
A report by Billboard found that Tyler the Creator’s album, “IGOR,” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, making it his first No. 1 album.
This statistic highlights Tyler’s success as a musician and the impact his music has on his fans.
44. “Tell these black kids they can be who they are. Dye your hair blue. Sh*t, I’ll do it too.” – Tyler, the Creator, “Where This Flower Blooms”
45. “In school I was the one thinking outside of boxes, so everybody in them would say I got problems.” – Tyler, the Creator, “Colossus”
46. “They say success is the best revenge so I beat DeShay up with the stack of magazines I’m in.” – Tyler, the Creator, “Yonkers”
47. “I’m the loneliest man alive, but I keep on dancing to throw ’em off.” – Tyler, the Creator, “911/Mr. Lonely”
48. “You make my earth quake.” – Tyler, the Creator, “EARFQUAKE”
49. “I can grab the fireworks, the soda, all the cookies we can eat. Make you nauseous but be cautious, this is not Dawson’s Creek.” – Tyler, the Creator, “Analog”
50. “Listen deeper than the music before you put it in the box.” – Tyler, the Creator, “Sandwitches”
Don’t go without checking out these rapper quotes and lyrics that will brighten your day.
More Tyler the Creator quotes
According to a study conducted by Edison Research, 37% of podcast listeners in the United States are between the ages of 12 and 24.
This statistic can support the idea that Tyler the Creator quotes about creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship can inspire a younger generation of individuals to pursue their passions and make their mark on the world.
51. “I’m not into fashion, but I like design. I wear the same shoes every day.” – Tyler, The Creator
52. “For the record, I don’t worship the devil. I just hate religion.” – Tyler, The Creator
53. “I don’t like people around me sad. I like making people happy.” – Tyler, The Creator
Memorable Tyler the Creator quotes
According to a survey conducted by Music Business Worldwide, 61.3% of music consumers in the United States listen to music through streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music.
This statistic can support the idea that Tyler the Creator quotes about the impact of technology on the music industry can resonate with many individuals who consume music through these platforms.
54. “I think I’m cool. That’s all that matters.” ― Tyler, The Creator
55. “I don’t really listen to rap; I just like to rap.” ― Tyler, The Creator
56. “I really want to sing, but my tone of voice is really too deep to do what I want.” ― Tyler, The Creator
57. “I like my raps, but I’m never too happy with some of ’em because I feel like they could be better.” ― Tyler, The Creator
58. “The thing is, I make music I like. So it’s just weird if someone says they don’t like it.” ― Tyler, The Creator
59. “I’m hungry for VMAs and Grammys. That’s my main goal.” ― Tyler, The Creator
60. “I tweet early in the morning when I wake up or late at night just to let you know that I have a show or what’s on my mind, and that’s it. I hate Snapchat and all of that. It’s making kids so stupid.” ― Tyler, The Creator
61. “To me, Sid Vicious is cool. Super chill.” ― Tyler, The Creator
62. “I try to tell all the – not even the kids, even people older than me – to just be themselves. Don’t wear what I wear ’cause I wear it; wear what you like.” ― Tyler, The Creator
63. “What if my music is too weird for the masses and I’m only known for tweets more than beats?” ― Tyler, The Creator
What are your “guilty pleasures”?
Tyler, the Creator is a champion for being your most authentic self.
This means pursuing the interests that make you the happiest, despite what others may think.
If you’re wondering where your own passions lie, try checking your self-proclaimed “guilty pleasures”.
For example, I’m a huge fan of reality TV.
There was a time where I was embarrassed about liking those shows and would rarely talk about them.
After years of self-reflection, I have realized that my love of reality TV is a part of who I am — it’s what makes me, me.
Your “guilty pleasures” are valid interests.
Don’t be afraid to be joyful out loud.
Which of these Tyler the Creator quotes and lyrics is your favorite?
Who should we feature next on Everyday Power?
Let us know below!