Enjoy these Tuskegee Airmen quotes from the amazing men who composed the group of African-American men who helped win World War II.
An HBO movie was made to celebrate these brave men and released in 1995.
The movie starred Laurence Fishburne, Allen Payne, Cuba Gooding Jr., and more and was directed by Robert Markowitz.
Tuskegee Airmen, the movie was based on the real-life story of The Tuskegee Airmen who were active from 1940 through 1948 and served during World War II.
These amazing airmen and support staff were a group of all-black men who served in the United States Air Force.
The airmen were well known and regarded for their excellent combat record that they earned while protecting American bombers.
These pilots trained at multiple airfields and were educated in Alabama at Tuskegee Institute, which is now known as Tuskegee University.
This group of airmen were the first African-American pilots in the United States military.
Take a look at these Tuskegee Airmen quotes to learn more about these legendary airmen.
The Best The Tuskegee Airmen Quotes
Here are some of the best The Tuskegee Airmen quotes.
1. “Welcome to the war, gentlemen.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
2. “Lieutenant Roberts. Congratulations.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
3. “Give my regards to Der Fuhrer.” — Hannibal ‘Iowa’ Lee Jr.
4. “We weren’t assigned. We were requested.” — Lt. Col. Benjamin O Davis
5. “The word’s in about our next mission. Berlin.” — Lt. Col. Benjamin O Davis
6. “Then you might as well just forget it and send us home.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
7. “You, people. Don’t you know how bad we treat you, people?” — Major Sherman Joy
8. “I know I’m going to make it through. That’s all that matters.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
9. “There have been many obstacles on the road to getting you here.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
10. “I came here for one reason. To do one thing, to learn how to fly.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
The Tuskegee Airmen Quotes For Fans Of World War 2 History
Check out these TheTuskegee Airmen quotes for fans of World War 2 history.
11. “Are we only to be Americans when the mood suits you?” — The Tuskegee Airmen
12. “I’ve got a right to fight for what I believe in like anybody else.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
13. “Though it is your privilege to live in the air, you will die by fire.” — Major Sherman Joy
14. “Now, gentleman, on this one, we need every load placed on the target.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
15. “We’ve been in continuous combat for months with no replacements, sir.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
16. “To give a representative of the accused an opportunity to defend himself!” — The Tuskegee Airmen
17. “And if it’s all the same to you, I want the 332nd to take me to Berlin and back.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
More The Tuskegee Airmen Quotes
This is the last list of quotes featuring more The Tuskegee Airmen quotes.
18. “And how does my country feel about me?” — Lt. Col. Benjamin O. Davis
19. “Don’t you dream of jeopardizing this mission with your glory-seeking.” — Lt. Col. Benjamin O. Davis
20. “It is the task of myself to train and evaluate you men as potential combat pilots.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
21. “All we asked for was a chance to prove ourselves, a fair and impartial opportunity.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
22. “I got men whose lives are my responsibility up there, sir. And I want the 332nd as our escort.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
23. “Since they’ve been escorting bombers, they haven’t lost one to enemy action, sir, not a sinking ship.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
24. “Most have flown well over 50, which is the standard cutoff point in which white pilots are sent home.” — The Tuskegee Airmen
25. “Friends die in our business, and for a lot of reasons. And the only protection you have against losing one is not to have any.” — Lt. Col. Benjamin O Davis
How Did the Tuskegee Airmen Come to Be?
After African-American pilots were rejected during World War I, they spent the next couple of decades advocating to join the fight.
Their advocacy got African-Americans separate training facilities, and their hard work and skill earned them an equal spot in the military and set the precedence for future generations.
Please share these Tuskegee Airmen quotes with others by clicking the share button!