Tyrion Lannister Quotes From the Game of Thrones Character
March 16, 2023 5:28 AM EST
Fans of the television Series Game of Thrones and the books “A Song of Ice and Fire” will love these Tyrion Lannister quotes!
Tyrion is a fictional character created by George R.R. Martin for the fantasy book series “A Song of Ice and Fire.”
Actor Peter Dinklage later plays him in the television series Game of Thrones.
His full title is Lord Tyrion Lannister, as he is Lord Tywin Lannister’s youngest child, the patriarch of one of the most powerful and wealthiest families in fictional Westeros.
Tyrion has had a hard life with the prejudice he received for being born a dwarf, his mother dying while giving birth, and his father resenting him.
In the book series “A Song of Ice and Fire” that George R. R. Martin wrote, Tyrion is a prominent point of view character and has the most viewpoint chapters in the first five books.
Tyrion is George R.R. Martin’s favorite character he created for the series.
The New York Times called him one of Martin’s best creations.
Take a look at these Tyrion Lannister quotes to learn more about this popular character.
Fan Favorite Tyrion Lannister Quotes
Here are some of the popular lines from the Game of Thrones character.
1. “Schemes and plots are the same thing.” — Tyrion Lannister
2. “Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face.” — Tyrion Lannister
3. “Everything’s better with some wine in the belly.” — Tyrion Lannister
4. “Many underestimated you. Most of them are dead now.” — Tyrion Lannister
5. “Of course it’s a joke, just not a very funny one.” — Tyrion Lannister
6. “I have to disagree. Death is so final, yet life is full of possibilities.” — Tyrion Lannister
7. “What sort of imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?” — Tyrion Lannister
8. “Sons of kings can be cruel and stupid, as you well know.” — Tyrion Lannister
9. “Every time we deal with an enemy, we create two more.” — Tyrion Lannister
10. “It’s hard to put a leash on a dog once you’ve put a crown on its head.” — Tyrion Lannister
11. “It’s not easy being drunk all the time. If it were easy, everyone would do it.” — Tyrion Lannister
12. “Just because I pay you for your services doesn’t diminish our friendship.” — Tyrion Lannister
13. “We’ve had vicious kings, and we’ve had idiot kings, but I don’t know if we’ve ever been cursed with a vicious idiot boy king!” — Tyrion Lannister
14. “In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” — Tyrion Lannister
15. “Perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and, just now, kings are dying like flies.” — Tyrion Lannister
More Popular Tyrion Lannister Quotes
Enjoy more quotes from the fan’s favorite character.
16. “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.” — Tyrion Lannister
17. “It’s been a long road, but we’re both still here.” — Tyrion Lannister
18. “You love your children. It’s your one redeeming quality.” — Tyrion Lannister
19. “Our people haven’t been friends in the past. But we must fight together now. Or die.” — Tyrion Lannister
20. “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.” — Tyrion Lannister
21. “Never forget what you are; the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.” — Tyrion Lannister
22. “A wise man once said the true history of the world is the history of great conversations in elegant rooms.” — Tyrion Lannister
23. “Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons. Doesn’t seem right.” — Tyrion Lannister
24. “It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” — Tyrion Lannister
25. “You need to take your enemy’s side if you’re going to see things the way they do. And you need to see things the way they do if you’re going to anticipate their actions, respond effectively, and beat them.” — Tyrion Lannister
What Happens to Tyrion?
Tyrion grows up learning to use his wits instead of his muscles.
When his father sends him to control the capital and take his place as the acting “Hand of the King,” Tyrion struggles with the job but leads Westeros to victory in the Battle of the Blackwater.
When his father returns, Tyrion takes the difficult role of “Master of Coin” but is soon framed for the King’s murder and must flee Westeros.
Please share these Tyrion Lannister quotes with your Game of Thrones-loving friends and post any comments about Tyrion in the comment section below.