Indulge yourself with our delicious cereal quotes!
Breakfast fans and snack fans are going to love our cereal quotes.
Breakfast cereal has gone through several interesting transitions since the nineteenth century.
Find out more with our cereal quotes below.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
What is cereal?
Technically, cereal is any grass cultivated for the edible parts of its grain.
Breakfast cereal refers to various corn, wheat, and grain products that people enjoy with milk.
Check out these cool facts about cereal below:
- The word “cereal” comes from Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture.
- Cereal grain crops provide more food energy worldwide than any other crop.
- America’s cereal industry uses over four hundred million kilograms of sugar annually.
When did cereal become a popular breakfast food in America?
Take your mind to 1863.
President Abraham Lincoln passed the Emancipation Proclamation, declaring all previously enslaved people free.
The country was experiencing a cultural uproar.
A man known as James Caleb Jackson had an idea that he could not stop thinking about:
How could he use grains to create a cereal Americans could enjoy that would promote gut health and help people relax?
He successfully created the first breakfast cereal in 1863.
Who was James Caleb Jackson?
Jackson was a religious man who ran a medical sanatorium in West New York and led an interesting life.
He was an abolitionist, dress reformer, holistic healer, and inventor of the American cereal tradition.
Jackson passionately served as an abolitionist and was a member of the Oswego County Anti-Slavery Society.
During the midpoint of his life, Jackson became passionate about healing and natural remedies.
The idea of pseudo-science and quack doctors was popular during his era.
This was the era where terms like snake oil salesmen were popular.
However, it is also the era where forms of holistic healing were popular among Americans.
Jackson suffered from maladies and experienced relief from hydrotherapy.
How far has Jackson’s invention gone?
Today, breakfast cereal is a billion-dollar industry.
Critics of breakfast cereal deplore it for its sugary and artificial content, while fans of the product commend it for becoming one of the world’s largest staple foods.
To learn more, check out our cereal quotes below.
Short cereal bowl quotes about starting your day
Cereal is a popular breakfast because it is fast, easy, and delicious.
1. “I usually eat cereal every morning.” — Lamar Jackson
2. “My favorite breakfast cereal is Cocoa Pebbles.” — Valentin Chmerkovskiy
3. “In the morning, I always eat fruit and yogurt with cereal.” — Vittoria Ceretti
4. “I eat a bowl of cereal to cap off the night. That’s my dessert.” — Rich Froning Jr.
5. “If I don’t have cereal on the bus, I’m going to be really upset.” — Shawn Mendes
6. “Don’t eat breakfast cereals that change the color of your milk.” — Michael Pollan
7. “I love cereal. I eat several bowls a day, mostly a few late at night.” — Paul Dano
8. “You know you’ve made it to the big time when you’re on a cereal box.” — Mike Schultz
9. “I don’t eat cereal. Actually, Frosted Flakes, that’s as close as I can get.” — Johnny Thunders
10. “I’m not commercial, I’m not for Special K cereal, and I’m not a Wheaties boy.” — Johnny Weir
You will also enjoy our article on corn quotes.
Cereal quotes and sayings about life
Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.
Or maybe that was Forest Gump.
Either way, you’re going to love these cereal quotes below.
11. “I think the cereal milk is my most proud achievement.” — Christina Tosi
12. “I really just love to read, period, whether it be books or magazines or the back of the cereal box. ” — Sarah Dessen
13. “Do we need to have 280 brands of breakfast cereal? No, probably not. But we have them for a reason – because some people like them.” — Bill James
14. “My wife Gwenaelle prepares an ‘energy shot’ for me for breakfast. It’s a mix of linseed, cereal, and raisins, with fresh fruit like kiwi.” — Alain Ducasse
15. “My diet instead revolved around ice cream, chocolate, peanut butter, and jelly eaten with a spoon, pick-n-mix, and lots of cereal and pasta.” — Ella Woodward
16. “But I did ‘Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.’ They made a cereal out of it, so once you’ve had a cereal, it doesn’t get much more surreal than that. Surreal cereal.” — Keanu Reeves
17. “Cinnamon is an awesome spice to use, and it goes great with something like apples in the morning or in a mixture of fruit or in your oatmeal or even in your cereal.” — Emeril Lagasse
Famous cereal quotes about the country’s most popular breakfast
Cereal is one of the most popular breakfast foods in America daily.
18. “Breakfast is simple: multigrain toast with natural peanut butter, oatmeal, or healthy cereal.” — Natalie Morales
19. “I love my name. I didn’t use to like my name when I was a kid. People called me Lucky Charms after the breakfast cereal.” — Lucky Blue Smith
20. “Why is a bowl of frosted cereal loops with added rainbow marshmallows allowed to count as ‘breakfast’ and not ‘sweets’?” — Bee Wilson
21. “Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It’s too controversial.” — Erma Bombeck
22. “I pore over every word on the cereal box at breakfast, often more than once. You can ask me anything about shredded wheat.” — Chris Van Allsburg
23. “Remember the days when you let your child have some chocolate if he finished his cereal? Now, chocolate is one of the cereals.” — Robert Orben
24. “Late-night television is like the cereal aisle in the supermarket: too many choices. Also, too many different brands that really aren’t different at all.” — Tom Shales
25. “Looking back, some of the happiest moments of my childhood were spent with my arm in packets of breakfast cereal, rootling around for a free gift.” — Craig Brown
26. “I sometimes forget to have breakfast in the morning, but when I actually buy a box of cereal, I will probably eat it not only for breakfast but also as a snack later on.” — Ryan Gosling
27. “My grandad, when he came home from the war, the only thing he came home with was four massive tins of honey, and ever since, honey has been part of our family life – on our cereal and in our tea.” — Bez
The top funny cereal quotes to make you smile
Who doesn’t love a nice chuckle with their breakfast?
28. “Pay attention, and don’t let life go by you. Fall in love with the back of your cereal box.” — Jerry Seinfeld
29. “I’m definitely a morning person. I wake up dead happy, looking forward to having my cereal!” — Nico Mirallegro
30. “You certainly don’t want to market the president as if he or she were a box of breakfast cereal.” — John Quelch
31. “Anytime my mom would get a good, sugary cereal, I’d hide a bag from my three older brothers, who’d eat everything.” — Diana Silvers
32. “I was bringing in Lucky Charms cereal, and one day an agent put a stop to that. She said, ‘You’re making all the girls fat.’” — Cameron Russell
33. “I’ll have a little something to eat. Just some avocado toast or some cereal or something. Or sometimes just a protein shake when I get up, and then I’ll go in my gym.” — Nyjah Huston
34. “The idea that you can merchandise candidates for high office like breakfast cereal – that you can gather votes like box tops – is, I think, the ultimate indignity to the democratic process.” — Adlai Stevenson
35. “There was this cereal, and it had a special promotion with a CD inside the box that had a really simple music-making program on it. I got it, and that opened my mind to being able to make music on a computer and seeing all the different layers” — Flume
36. “Every film is a remake of a previous film, or a remake of a television series that everyone loved in the 1960s, or a remake of a television series that everyone hated in the 1960s. Or it’s a theme park ride; it will soon come to breakfast cereal mascots.” — Alan Moore
The best cereal quotes about why cereal gives us the energy to keep going
Cereal fuels many people’s morning, and these quotes remind us why.
37. “I’m pretty much all for poetry in public places – poetry on buses, poetry on subways, on billboards, on cereal boxes.” — Billy Collins
38. “Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It’s too controversial.” — Erma Bombeck
39. “I work 14-hour days on-set, and when you go home to an empty apartment, the last thing you’re going to do is cook a meal. I eat cereal, eggs, or smoothies. That’s my routine.” — Jesse Spencer
40. “After swimming, I have breakfast. I start with a big bowl of porridge – say, 100 grams of oats – then some cereal, five or so pieces of fruit, an oat bar, a liter of fruit juice, and a big bag of beef jerky.” — Eddie Hall
41. “What kind of society have we become when children in a great city cannot rely on mothers or fathers for a bowl of cereal in the morning and a brown bag with a sandwich and apple in it for lunch?” — Pat Buchanan
42. “While traveling, I love granola bars, trail mix nuts, dry cereal, and fruit for on-the-go snacks. I also try and start the day with a high fiber and protein meal, such as whole-grain toast with peanut butter.” — Christie Rampone
43. “My breakfast is usually a wholegrain cereal or porridge, with walnuts sprinkled in it, berries, a tablespoon of honey, and chia seeds. I have coffee and a little cherry juice with seltzer.” — Amy Tan
More Cereal Quotes
Here are a few more quotes about the favorite breakfast food.
44. “I try to have a little bit of cereal in the morning, and then I always try to have protein for dinner, too.” — Rena Sofer
45. “I remember being super young, like nine or ten years old, and thinking, ‘Man, I wonder what famous people eat for breakfast. They must have some special kind of cereal!’” — Bo Burnham
46. “I love a good bowl of cereal, the unhealthy kind. Lucky Charms. Sometimes I’ll do Special K Chocolatey Delight, and I feel like I’m being healthy, but there’s chocolate in there.” — Ayesha Curry
47. “It was a real hand-to-mouth existence in those early days – I’d have whatever dry cereal there was in the house for breakfast, 30 cents to spend on lunch, and a hot dog for dinner. I did that for years. So there was definitely a hunger in me, of various kinds, to succeed.” — Neil Diamond
48. “Eric Schmidt looks innocent enough, with his watercolor blue eyes and his tiny office full of toys and his Google campus stocked with volleyball courts and unlocked bikes and wheat-grass shots and cereal dispensers.” — Maureen Dowd
49. “The key to doing eight shows a week is maintaining your energy. Getting as much sleep as possible and a big, healthy breakfast is the best way to make that happen. My mainstay is granola cereal, a banana, and soy milk.” — Rory O’Malley
50. “Specialization makes it easy to forget about the filth of the coal-fired power plant that is lighting this pristine computer screen, or the backbreaking labor it took to pick the strawberries for my cereal, or the misery of the hog that lived and died so I could enjoy my bacon.” — Michael Pollan
How far has the cereal industry grown?
Jackson still needed to learn the competition he stirred in other inventors and businesspeople.
The country was bursting with people who had new ideas and wanted to share them.
Breakfast food was an industry ripe for growth.
The country grew as an industrial nation, and people wanted more convenience with their breakfast routines.
John Harvey Kellog was a surgeon who had a similar idea.
He used graham flour dough, broke it into pieces, and soaked it in milk.
Kellogg would go on to create one of the largest cereal empires in the country.
One of his patients, a man named C.W. Post, created Grape-Nuts, which would go on to become one of the most popular cereals in America.
It was also the first cereal to offer a discount coupon in the box.
What is your favorite cereal quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.