Thought provoking Game of Throne quotes are not hard to come by for this action packed, well written drama!
One of HBO’s most watched shows, ‘Game of Thrones’ is based on George R.R. Martin’s best selling book series, ‘A Song of Fire and Ice’.
This highly entertaining medieval fantasy depicts the struggle for power between two families fighting for control over the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
If you like action, check it out. If you like well written drama, check it out. If you have seen any other HBO’s mega hits, this one raises the bar even higher.
As you can probably tell, we has some fun finding our favorite Game of Throne quotes!
Game of Throne Quotes Containing Valuable Life Lessons
1. “Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.” – Tyrion Lannister
2. “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” – Tyrion Lannister
3. “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.” – Tyrion Lannister
4. “Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.” – Ned Stark
5. “The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.”— Ned Stark
6. “Nothing isn’t better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing.”— Arya Stark
7. “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.”— Tywin Lannister
8. “A man who won’t listen can’t hear.” – Bran Stark
9. “Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe.”— Arya Stark
10. “Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle.” – Jon Snow
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of This Is Us quotes from the award-winning series.
More Game of Throne quotes and sayings
11. “The powerful have always preyed on the powerless. That’s how they became powerful in the first place.”— Tyrion Lannister
12. “The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb; they cling to the real or the gods or love.”— Petyr Baelish
13. “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.”— Tyrion Lannister
14. “Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick. A shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow.”— Lord Varys
15. “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. That’s why I read so much.”— Tyrion Lannister
16. “There’s a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand.”— Jorah Mormont
17. “Opening your eyes is all that is needing. The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true. Look with your eyes. Hear with your ears. Taste with your mouth. Smell with your nose. Feel with your skin. Then comes the thinking, afterward, and in that way knowing the truth.”
18. “There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today.”
19. “Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining.”
20. “Every flight begins with a fall, the crow said.”
21. “A lord must learn that sometimes words can accomplish what swords cannot.”
22. “You can’t hammer tin into iron, no matter how hard you beat it, but that doesn’t mean it’s useless.”
23. “We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.”
24. “She had put despair and fear aside, as if they were garments she did not choose to wear.”
25. “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
Want more Game of Throne quotes?
What other Game of Throne quotes would you like to add to the list? Send us your favorites and we will share them with the world. Don’t forget to also take a second to Like, Comment and Share!
May 30, 2022 5:00 AM EST