If you love making videos, you would also enjoy going through our list of videography quotes.
With the advent of smartphones, every person can make and publish videos.
This has led to the popularity of quotes about videography.
So, we have curated this list to help you find the best quotes that are worth sharing via different social media platforms.
In addition to our quotes section, we have also discussed videography and its various associated aspects.
If interested, please continue reading!
You might also like these related articles:
What is Videography?
Videography is a process of recording and producing moving imagery.
This is done by using video cameras, including digital cameras, camcorders, smartphones, etc.
Videography involves various stages like:
- Audio Mixing
The Evolution of Videography
Videography is the art of capturing moving objects, which has come up a long way since its inception.
It all started with the bulky camcorders that were heavy and hard to carry.
However, things have changed significantly, as we now have access to sleek smartphones and digital cameras.
Technological advancements have made it possible to make videos in high-definition and 4K resolution.
Videography is all about storytelling, which involves short films, commercials, personal vlogs, and documentaries.
All these types of video imagery are used to convey narratives that resonate with the viewers.
Apart from this, the introduction of sound and text helps create a multi-sensory experience.
Videography is also referred to as an impressive artistic expression.
It involves aspects like:
- Visual aesthetics
- Camera angles
- Editing techniques
Videography serves as a canvas for artists to challenge conventions and push boundaries.
Although videography offers a range of creative possibilities, certain challenges exist.
Videography also involves equipment costs, technical skills, and post-production demands.
However, the satisfaction of creating a project that captures the hearts of audiences is an inexpressible feeling.
Videography allows us to connect with the audience and touch their emotions.
These are some of the rewarding experiences enjoyed by videographers.
The Future of Videography
With the ever-evolving technology, videographers are also finding new ways to inspire their viewers.
For instance, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are two of the latest technologies of this era.
Both VR and AR are used to offer immersive storytelling experiences.
Also, short-form content is gaining popularity, especially in the realm of social media marketing.
Top 10 Videography Quotes
Here are the top 10 videography quotes from the world where creativity and technology meet to produce moving pictures.
1. “I love video editing.” — Redman
2. “A lot can change in the editing room.” — Diane Lane
3. “I just love the process of filmmaking.” — Kartik Aaryan
4. “I’ve always loved the editing process.” — Kate Herron
5. “Go home, pick up your video camera, and make a film.” — James Cameron
6. “I want to challenge my cinematography and my editing.” — Daniel Espinosa
7. “I worked at all kinds of jobs, mostly commercial editing.” — Marilyn Hacker
8. “I’m a big fan of editing and keeping only the interesting bits in.” — Sarah Vowell
9. “I will never apologize for selective editing to make myself look better.” — Jon Lovett
10. “I feel that working with the camera and editing it is actually my strong suit.” — Adam Yauch
Interesting & Informative Videography Quotes
Here are some of the most interesting and insightful quotes about videography that will grab your attention immediately.
11. “Luckily, filmmaking is not a nine-to-five job.” — Farah Khan
12. “A camera is a SAVE button for the mind’s eye.” — Roger Kingston
13. “Editing is the same as quarreling with writers – same thing exactly.” — Harold Ross
14. “When you’re making video, you’re giving structure to time, which is what a composer does.” — Bill Viola
15. “The YouTube video maker gets more out of making a video than you get out of watching it.” — Seth Godin
16. “Reality TV finds talented people. There are no scripts. The editing is what it’s all about. Great editing makes those shows.” — Pete Waterman
17. “You can assume all photo and video is constructed as fiction controlled by the person holding the camera and the person who is editing.” — Barbara Degenevieve
18. “We sometimes take photos (or record a video) so that we can later see what was happening while we were busy taking photos (or recording a video).” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
19. “The essence of cinema is editing. It’s the combination of what can be extraordinary images of people during emotional moments, or images in a general sense, put together in a kind of alchemy.” — Francis Ford Coppola
20. “Humans abstract and record information in five major ways: with writing, mathematical notation, painting/photography/videography, maps, and clocks – that is, we can abstract and record verbal, numerical, visual, spatial, and temporal information.” — William J. Bernstein
Videography Quotes from Singers & Musicians
This compilation features videography quotes from singers and artists, revealing their symbiotic relationship between music and imagery and the impact of mixing both.
21. “One of my favorite occupations is making radio/video edits. I love singles.” — Justus Kohncke
22. “I do enjoy making videos, even though they are long days and very hard work.” — Tanya Tucker
23. “We wanted to take as much time and effort making the video as we did the song.” — Adam Jones
24. “Making a video is one of the most exciting things for artists and fans. It’s like a payoff.” — Kina Grannis
25. “Most writers like to maintain some sort of anonymity. For me, making videos was an assault.” — Sheryl Crow
26. “With the advanced editing technologies, it’s not difficult to play double roles these days. It can be done easily.” — Vijay Antony
27. “I always dreamed of making music videos. Whenever I make music, I always have a visual in my mind. I always see things.” — Dan Reynolds
28. “I’m a writer first and a singer second. And then I started editing my own videos when I was 17, so it’s a process I’ve been doing since I was younger.” — Lana Del Rey
29. “I never enjoyed making videos, even though the ‘Total Eclipse’ video was nominated for a Grammy along with the song. We lost out to the ‘Billie Jean’ video.” — Bonnie Tyler
30. “A lot of people in Nashville think that the best song is the catchiest or the one that sells the most copies. They’re editing songs in a way that makes them seem more consumable, I guess. I’m trying to edit them in a way that makes them more honest.” — Jason Isbell
Videography Quotes from Directors
These enlightening quotes offer unique perspectives on cinematic creations.
31. “Editing is kind of a solitary job.” — Joe Dante
32. “I love editing. It’s one of my favorite parts about filmmaking.” — Steven Spielberg
33. “I’ve worked on a set before, know something about cameras, and done some editing.” — Steve Carr
34. “Editing is a meditative process. I enjoy it the most. I am not dealing with 200 people.” — Rajkumar Hirani
35. “A digital camera does have many advantages and I was a believer that digital video would be a big influence on film-making.” — Abbas Kiarostami
36. “I like and I love everything that has to do with cinema: writing, directing, editing, creating music, and even acting.” — Werner Herzog
37. “Movies become art after editing. Instead of just reproducing reality, they juxtapose images of it. That implies expression; that’s art.” — Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
38. “My brother Van got the computer first and showed me what it was like to edit video. I definitely credit Van with turning me onto filmmaking.” — Casey Neistat
39. “I would have a problem directing a scene like most directors do, in that TV style. I would get bored, I don’t enjoy editing in the classic way.” — Gaspar Noe
40. “I started making music videos in my twenties and made my first feature, ‘Guncrazy,’ at 29. I then spent the greater part of my thirties directing features.” — Tamra Davis
Videography Quotes from Actors
This compilation offers a glimpse into the minds of talented performers in videography through a series of illuminating quotes.
41. “For me, shooting, editing, and scoring rely on rhythm.” — Donnie Yen
42. “Editing and post-production is so important with comedy.” — Eddie Kaye Thomas
43. “You can’t act for the editing. You just go in and do the scene the way you think is right.” — Dennis Farina
44. “At the end of the day, filmmaking is all about telling stories, and I’m just doing my part.” — Ishaan Khatter
45. “If you ever see me getting beaten by the police, put down the video camera and come help me.” — Bobcat Goldthwait
46. “Even something as stupid as Vine videos makes you feel like you’re making things on your own.” — Gillian Jacobs
47. “I enjoy editing when I’m directing, but when someone else is directing, that’s their film to cut.” — Jason Bateman
48. “The notion of directing a film is the invention of critics – the whole eloquence of cinema is achieved in the editing room.” — Orson Welles
49. “I like making little videos and little records. I’ve always loved video cameras and four-track cassette recorders, still cameras, anything.” — Joseph Gordon-Levitt
50. “Normally, if you’re lucky, the idea of a film you have in your head is more or less what you get back when you see it after the editing and the whole post-production process.” — Chiwetel Ejiofor
Which of these videography quotes is your Favorite?
Videography has proven to be a popular type of art form.
It helps us capture the human experiences and cultural aspects of different people around the globe.
Videography involves technical vision, expertise, and storytelling skills.
This is why videography quotes are so popular.
The quotes above are interesting and worth sharing on social media.
If you have found a videography quote that inspires you the most, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.