Gain some new perspective with these mindful view quotes.
These view quotes remind us how we all benefit when we see things from a new point of view while celebrating the power of how beautiful views inspire us.
How does your view impact your experience?
There is value in recognizing different perspectives and views because they enable us to hear and react to things differently.
If we change our perception of a situation, we change how we respond.
Our view will impact all aspects of our life.
They are essential for the following reasons:
- Our perspective is our point of view; it is the way an individual sees the world.
- Life experiences shape our personal points of view.
- Different cultures have different ways of viewing things.
In Hawaiian culture, the word “makawalu” literally translates to “eight eyes.”
It metaphorically means to look at a situation from different perspectives while collaborating with other people or sources to gain knowledge.
Science tells us that scenic views enhance the atmosphere and keep us healthy.
Feeling connected to nature is proven to improve happiness and health.
Research has found that staring at beautiful natural environments for as little as forty seconds impacts our health positively.
Scientific evidence overwhelmingly shows that exposure to windows and other natural landscapes aids hospital patients in recovery.
The University of Michigan found that people who walk in nature had a 20 percent increase in memory and attention spans.
Natural views have a soothing effect on human beings, increasing their ability to sleep and lowering blood pressure.
A simple plant in a room can help with stress and anxiety.
Viewing nature improves executive attention significantly.
Executive attention is vital to planning, decision-making, and correcting errors.
New Views, New Life
Our environment immediately impacts our well-being.
Various studies demonstrate the significant long-term health benefits of exposure to aesthetically pleasing views.
Exposure to new physical views and openness to new philosophical views benefit our development and health.
Check out our view quotes below for some fresh new perspectives.
Short View Quotes
Not all view quotes are long; some people can capture the beauty of a new view in a few words.
1. “Truth is a point of view, and so is changeable.” — Hypatia
2. “My view is there’s no bad time to innovate.” — Jeff Bezos
3. “Women are, in my view, natural peacemakers.” — Daisaku Ikeda
4. “The only passion that guides me is for the truth… I look at everything from this point of view.” — Che Guevara
5. “From my point of view, I always want to fight until the end of my last chance.” — Pep Guardiola
6. “The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.” — John Kenneth Galbraith
7. “My view is that religion comes after ethics.” — Salman Rushdie
8. “To expect too much is to have a sentimental view of life, and this is a softness that ends in bitterness.” — Flannery O’Connor
9. “In my view, a corporation is not a person.” — Bernie Sanders
10. “You can learn a lot from people who view the world differently than you do.” — Anthony J. D’Angelo
View Quotes About Life
As our lives progress, our views change. These quotes about life honor that transformation.
11. “A well-ordered life is like climbing a tower; the view halfway up is better than the view from the base, and it steadily becomes finer as the horizon expands.” — William Lyon Phelps
12. “I’ve always felt that a person’s intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic.” — Abigail Adams
13. “When you abuse someone, you limit their perspective, and you trap them in your view of them or your view of the world.” — Tara Westover
14. “Every restaurant needs to have a point of view.” — Danny Meyer
15. “My life has been a tapestry of rich and royal hue, an everlasting vision of the ever-changing view.” — Carole King
16. “A celebrated people lose dignity upon a closer view.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
17. “Experiences shape the brain, but the brain shapes the way we view experiences, too.” — Helen Fisher
18. “From a worldly point of view, there is no mistake so great as that of being always right.” — Samuel Butler
19. “I always have a point of view. It may not be right, but it’s my own.” — Baz Luhrmann
20. “He who acts with a constant view to his own advantage will be much murmured against.” — Confucius
View Quotes And Sayings
Here are some view quotes and sayings by influential people from the past and present.
21. “A celebrated people lose dignity upon a closer view.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
22. “Experiences shape the brain, but the brain shapes the way we view experiences, too.” — Helen Fisher
23. “Representation of the world, like the world itself, is the work of men; they describe it from their own point of view, which they confuse with the absolute truth.” — Simone de Beauvoir
24. “In my view, the biggest investment risk is not the volatility of prices, but whether you will suffer a permanent loss of capital.” — Li Lu
25. “Criticism, ridicule, sarcasm, merely stating an alternative point of view to the orthodoxy, can be interpreted as insult.” — Rowan Atkinson
26. “Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we, as a people, can be engaged in.” — Abraham Lincoln
27. “I don’t actually subscribe to the view that all power corrupts.” — Charles Kennedy
28. “I was kind of secretly hoping one of my kids would go out and make a million bucks. So when they put me in a home, at least I’ll have a window with a view.” — Joe Biden
29. “A woman’s dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” — Sophia Loren
View Quotes About Love And Communication
30. “These view quotes about love and communication provide us with insight. 30. “When you really listen to another person from their point of view and reflect back to them that understanding, it’s like giving them emotional oxygen.” — Stephen Covey
31. “My view is that we need to engender the values of hard work and independence and self-reliance.” — Pierre Poilievre
32. “Bad people are, from the point of view of art, fascinating studies. They represent color, variety, and strangeness.” — Oscar Wilde
33. “The Universal view melts things into a blur.” — Emil Cioran
34. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” — Harper Lee
35. “In my view, the best of humanity is in our exercise of empathy and compassion.” — Sarah McBride
36. “It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view.” — George Eliot
37. “Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.” — Denis Waitley
38. “We have come to the edge of the abyss, and now it is time for a bold step forward.” – Unknown
39. “There is a political view that the tougher you are, the more credible you are.” — Ed Balls
40. “Truth is a point of view, but authenticity can’t be faked.” — Peter Guber
View Quotes About The Nature Of Reality
These view quotes give us a new perspective.
41. “There is much to support the view that it is clothes that wear us, and not we, them.” — Virginia Woolf
42. “People with a sense of humor tend to be less egocentric and more realistic in their view of the world and more humble in moments of success and less defeated in times of travail.” — Bob Newhart
43. “I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.” — Laurence Sterne
44. “Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth.” — Aldous Huxley
45. “Entrepreneurs love to view risk as binary. The more you put on the line, the greater the potential for reward.” — Jason Fried
46. “The belief that one’s own view of reality is the only reality is the most dangerous of all delusions.” — Paul Watzlawick
47. “My view is that at a younger age, your optimism is more, and you have more imagination, etc. You have less bias.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
48. “We have, we learn, and we grow; we view life differently, and life views us differently.” — Sharon Stone
49. “There’s nothing I like less than bad arguments for a view that I hold dear.” — Rose Kennedy
50. “We cling to our own point of view as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.” — Zhuangzi
Beautiful Views Make For A Beautiful Life
Beautiful physical views are just as powerful as a person who has a beautiful point of view about a topic.
New Zealand author Eleanor Catton notes, “To experience sublime natural beauty is to confront the total inadequacy of language to describe what you see. Words cannot convey the scale of a view that is so stunning it is felt.”
We improve both our physical and mental health by surrounding ourselves with lovely views.
Actor Viggo Mortensen reminds us, “Be kind. It’s worthwhile to make an effort to learn about other people and figure out what you might have in common with them. If you allow yourself to be somewhat curious – and if you get into the habit of doing that – it’s the first step to being open-minded and realizing that your points of view aren’t totally opposite.”
It is always a good idea to keep our minds open to new points of view.
Which of these view quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Be sure to tell us about it in the comments.
December 6, 2022 7:13 AM EST