Our latest collection of Stephen Covey quotes on Everyday Power.
Stephen Covey is a well-known author and public speaker.
He’s provided words of wisdom that have helped millions of people change their lives.
Stephen Covey quotes are discussed throughout the world.
Stephen Covey was a hard worker like every great man.
He put all of his passion and effort into everything that he did.
When he was in school he was into athletics; however, a serious injury made him decide to focus most of his energy on exceeding in academics.
As a result, he did well enough in high school to attend The University of Utah.
He graduated with a degree in business administration and proceeded to attend Harvard University.
He earned an MBA from Harvard and a doctorate of religious education from Brigham Young University.
After graduating Stephen published his book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
The book went on to sell over 25 million copies.
It is routinely put on reader’s favorites lists.
Many readers like the book so much that they give away copies to their friends, family, and business associates.
In the book Stephen Covey discusses the traits everyone needs to become successful.
He recognizes that success isn’t due to luck; it results from the habits you follow.
The book talks about developing habits that Covey knows will make anyone successful.
Covey went on to publish numerous other books including The Eighth Habit.
His other books cover numerous topics including leadership and helping children to develop to their full potential.
All of Stephen Covey’s books are written in a succinct way.
In other words, his books aren’t full “fluff” like many other personal development books.
This is one of the main reasons his books are so successful.
Covey has helped millions of people succeed at life.
His timeless words of wisdom are often cited in other books and emphasized by successful people.
Stephen Covey was a professor at the University of Utah.
He was one of the most popular and well liked professors at the university.
Covey has won numerous awards and accolades throughout his life including the National Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Stephen Covey died tragically in a bicycle accident, but his legacy will live on forever.
His books continue to sell well today, and he is a well-known figure.
He’s one of the most successful writers of all time.
Everyone can learn something from Stephen Covey quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Inspirational Stephen Covey Quotes About Habits
1. “Listen with the intent to understand, not the intent to reply.” – Stephen Covey
2. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
You will also enjoy our article on Trust Issues quotes.
3. “There are three constants in life… change, choice and principles.” – Stephen Covey
You will also enjoy our article on trust quotes.
4. “Synergy is better than my way or your way. It’s our way.” – Stephen Covey
5. “The deepest desire of the human spirit is to be acknowledged.” – Stephen Covey
6. “Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.” – Stephen Covey
7. “Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them.” – Stephen Covey
8. “The proactive approach to a mistake is to acknowledge it instantly, correct and learn from it.” – Stephen Covey
9. “You can retire from a job, but don’t ever retire from making extremely meaningful contributions in life.” – Stephen Covey
10. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” – Stephen Covey
11. “A mission statement is not something you write overnight… But fundamentally, your mission statement becomes your constitution, the solid expression of your vision and values. It becomes the criterion by which you measure everything else in your life.” – Stephen Covey
12. “If you want small changes in your life, work on your attitude. But if you want big and primary changes, work on your paradigm.” – Stephen Covey
13. “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.” – Stephen Covey
14. “The bottom line is, when people are crystal clear about the most important priorities of the organization and team they work with and prioritized their work around those top priorities, not only are they many times more productive, they discover they have the time they need to have a whole life.” – Stephen Covey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of team quotes that will inspire you and your teammates to collectively meet your goals.
15. “When it comes to developing character strength, inner security and unique personal and interpersonal talents and skills in a child, no institution can or ever will compare with, or effectively substitute for, the home’s potential for positive influence.” – Stephen Covey
16. “[W]isdom is the child of integrity—being integrated around principles. And integrity is the child of humility and courage. In fact, you could say that humility is the mother of all virtues because humility acknowledges that there are natural laws or principles that govern the universe. They are in charge. Pride teaches us that we are in charge. Humility teaches us to understand and live by principles, because they ultimately govern the consequences of our actions. If humility is the mother, courage is the father of wisdom. Because to truly live by these principles when they are contrary to social mores, norms and values takes enormous courage.” – Stephen Covey
17. “The more people rationalize cheating, the more it becomes a culture of dishonesty. And that can become a vicious, downward cycle. Because suddenly, if everyone else is cheating, you feel a need to cheat, too.” – Stephen Covey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of cheating quotes that will empower you during this difficult time.
18. “The key is taking responsibility and initiative, deciding what your life is about and prioritizing your life around the most important things.” – Stephen Covey
19. “The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are. And if our words and our actions come from superficial human relations techniques (the Personality Ethic) rather than from our own inner core (the Character Ethic), others will sense that duplicity.” – Stephen Covey
More Stephen Covey Quotes
20. “When you show deep empathy toward others, their defensive energy goes down, and positive energy replaces it. That’s when you can get more creative in solving problems.” – Stephen Covey
21. “Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect.” – Stephen Covey
22. “Synergy is what happens when one plus one equals ten or a hundred or even a thousand! It’s the profound result when two or more respectful human beings determine to go beyond their preconceived ideas to meet a great challenge.” – Stephen Covey
23. “Inevitably, anytime we are too vulnerable we feel the need to protect ourselves from further wounds. So we resort to sarcasm, cutting humor, criticism — anything that will keep from exposing the tenderness within. Each partner tends to wait on the initiative of the other for love, only to be disappointed but also confirmed as to the rightness of the accusations made.” – Stephen Covey
24. “Every human has four endowments – self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom… The power to choose, to respond, to change.”
25. “Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition – such as lifting weights – we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.” – Stephen Covey