Our latest collection of insightful Jeff Bezos quotes on Everyday Power Blog.
Proponent of online shopping, e-commerce pioneer, founder and chief executive of Amazon, Jeff Bezos’ name is rarely ever missing from the list of prominent business leaders and entrepreneurs.
With a real-time net worth of $76.8 billion, he was recently named second richest person in the world, just behind Bill Gates.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet sales company on the Web – an “everything store” we all love browsing through.
Jeff Bezos graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor in Science degree in electrical engineering and computer science.
Bezos is also a Google investor, and bought The Washington Post in 2013.
He has won awards such as Time magazine’s Person of the Year (1999), Fortune’s 2012 Business Person of the Year, 2014 Best CEO in the World Harvard Business Review, Forbes’ #2 Richest in Tech, and 14th on their Powerful People list.
Below are 30 Jeff Bezos quotes for his loyal customers and aspiring young entrepreneurs.
For more inspiration, check out our collection of inspiring quotes from Daymond John.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Jeff Bezos Quotes on Opportunity and Mindset
1. “Your margin is my opportunity.” – Jeff Bezos
2. “You don’t want to negotiate the price of simple things you buy every day.” – Jeff Bezos
3. “Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.” – Jeff Bezos
4. “People who are right most of the time are people who change their minds often.” – Jeff Bezos
5. “What’s dangerous is not to evolve.” – Jeff Bezos
6. “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.” – Jeff Bezos
7. “Cleverness is a gift, kindness is a choice.” – Jeff Bezos
Also read these insightful customer service quotes that will change your perspective on customer satisfaction.
Jeff Bezos Quotes Regarding Business
8. “One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.” – Jeff Bezos
9. “Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.” – Jeff Bezos
10. “A company shouldn’t get addicted to being shiny, because shiny doesn’t last.” – Jeff Bezos
11. “If you decide that you’re going to do only the things you know are going to work, you’re going to leave a lot of opportunity on the table.” – Jeff Bezos
12. “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.” – Jeff Bezos
13. “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you. It just works.” – Jeff Bezos
14. “The thing that motivates me is a very common form of motivation. And that is, with other folks counting on me, it’s so easy to be motivated.” – Jeff Bezos
15. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passion; your passion chooses you.” – Jeff Bezos
16. “Obsess about customers, not competitors.” – Jeff Bezos
Now, Amazon sells almost anything we can imagine, no matter the season. Thanks to e-commerce, it’s never too early to shop for holidays like Halloween and Christmas. From sites specially meant for makeup, practical furniture, personalized or unique trinkets, and colorful child friendly accessories, Amazon remains an inspiration and the standard for other e-commerce businesses worldwide.
Jeff Bezos Quotes about Perseverance
17. “It’s not an experiment if you know it’s going to work.” – Jeff Bezos
18. “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.” – Jeff Bezos
19. “You have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.” – Jeff Bezos
20. “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.” – Jeff Bezos
21. “Be stubborn on vision, but flexible on details.” – Jeff Bezos
22. “We can’t be in survival mode. We have to be in growth mode.” – Jeff Bezos
23. “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” – Jeff Bezos
24. “There’ll always be serendipity involved in discovery.” – Jeff Bezos
25. “Humans are unbelievably data efficient. You don’t have to drive 1 million miles to drive a car, but the way we teach a self-driving car is have it drive a million miles.” – Jeff Bezos
26. “If you can’t tolerate critics, don’t do anything new or interesting.” – Jeff Bezos
27. “There are two kinds of companies, those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.” – Jeff Bezos
28. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
29. “The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’” – Jeff Bezos
30. “Work hard, have fun, make history.” – Jeff Bezos
More Jeff Bezos quotes and sayings
31. “If you don’t understand the details of your business you are going to fail.” – Jeff Bezos
32. “If you’re very clear to the outside world that you’re taking a long-term approach, then people can self-select in.” – Jeff Bezos
33. “We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details…” – Jeff Bezos
34. “The keys to success are patience, persistence, and obsessive attention to detail.” – Jeff Bezos
35. “My view is there’s no bad time to innovate.” – Jeff Bezos
36. “If you want to be inventive, you have to be willing to fail.” – Jeff Bezos
37. “All of my best decisions in business and in life have been made with heart, intuition, guts… not analysis.” – Jeff Bezos
38. “If you never want to be criticized, for goodness sake don’t do anything new.” – Jeff Bezos
39. “I don’t want to use my creative energy on somebody else’s user interface.” – Jeff Bezos
40. “What we need to do is always look into the future.” – Jeff Bezos
Which of these Jeff Bezos quotes stuck with you most?
Hopefully, these words of wisdom inspire you way past the boundaries of work.
If Jeff Bezos was able to expand his company beyond the walls of his garage, you too, have the potential to make your dreams come true.