Joe Biden Quotes That Prove What Kind of Man He Is
October 28, 2020 7:10 AM EST
There has been a lot of political talk these last few months as the election is days away.
The American people have been soul-searching and deciding who they are going to vote for.
These quotes from Joe Biden shed light on the fact that he is a genuine person who cares about others.
His words illuminate his ideas and can offer insight into what type of leadership he will bring to the table.
He also speaks of his family often and offers a glimpse into his world.
If you are wondering who Joe Biden is as a person, and why he deserves your vote, then these quotes may help you understand him better.
He speaks frequently about corruption and tyranny.
Biden’s warm and friendly nature was always clear in any interaction he had with President Obama.
Many senators of the opposite party value, endorse, and enjoyed working with him.
When you look at his words, it is easy to see why he is a respected public servant.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Joe Biden quotes that remind us he is a genuine person
1. “Reality has a way of intruding. Reality eventually intrudes on everything.” — Joe Biden
2. “Let’s just be smart this time. I’m looking for smart.” — Joe Biden
3. “There’s no political point worth my son’s life.” — Joe Biden
You will also enjoy our article on Luke Skywalker quotes.
4. “If you need more than 10 rounds to hunt, and some argue they hunt with that many rounds, you shouldn’t be hunting. If you can’t get the deer in 3 shots, you shouldn’t be hunting. You are an embarrassment.” — Joe Biden
5. “I used to stutter really badly. Everybody thinks it’s funny. And it’s not funny. It’s not.” — Joe Biden
6. “You never make fun of anybody with a club foot or a withered arm, but it’s open season on anybody who stutters.” — Joe Biden
7. “I know I’m not supposed to like muscle cars, but I like muscle cars.” — Joe Biden
8. “I know what I believe, I know what I want to do, and I’m just comfortable saying it, and laying it out there.” — Joe Biden
9. “I was kind of secretly hoping one of my kids would go out and make a million bucks. So when they put me in a home, at least I’ll have a window with a view.” — Joe Biden
10. “In my neighborhood, when you’ve got something to say to a guy, you look him in the eye and you say it to him.” — Joe Biden
11. “I was a newly elected thirty-year-old United States senator, excited to be down in Washington interviewing staff, when I got the call that my wife and eighteen-month-old daughter had died in a car accident while out shopping the week before Christmas. Beau and Hunt had been in the car, too.” — Joe Biden
Joe Biden quotes about his family
12. “My father used to have an expression. He’d say, Joey, a job is about a lot more than a paycheck. It’s about your dignity. It’s about respect. It’s about your place in your community.” — Joe Biden
13. “My dad always said, Champ, the measure of a man is not how often he is knocked down, but how quickly he gets up.” — Joe Biden
14. “My dad used to have an expression – It is the lucky person who gets up in the morning, puts both feet on the floor, knows what they are about to do, and thinks it still matters.” — Joe Biden
15. “Ya know, Joey, Uncle Ed would say, ‘there’s no accountin’ for horses’ asses.” — Joe Biden
16. “Beau Biden was, quite simply, the finest man any of us have ever known.” — Joe Biden
17. “I began to commute, thinking I was only going to stay a little while — four hours a day, every day — from Washington to Wilmington, which I’ve done for over 37 years. I did it because I wanted to be able to kiss them goodnight and kiss them in the morning the next day. … But looking back on it, the truth be told, the real reason I went home every night was that I needed my children more than they needed me.” — Joe Biden
18. “You know, folks, my dad used to have an expression. He’d say, “A father knows he’s a success when he turns and looks at his son or daughter and know that they turned out better than he did.” I’m a success; I’m a hell of a success. Beau, I love you. I’m so proud of you. I’m so proud of the son you’ve become; I’m so proud of the father you are.” — Joe Biden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Father-Son quotes about the power of their bond.
19. “But by focusing on my sons, I found my redemption. … The incredible bond I have with my children is the gift I’m not sure I would have had, had I not been through what I went through.” — Joe Biden
20. “These homecomings are something I have long looked forward to, and I know many of you have as well. The day my son Beau returned from a yearlong tour in Iraq, and I watched him embrace his wife and children, was one of the proudest and happiest moments of my life.” — Joe Biden
21. “My father used to say, the greatest sin of all is the abuse of power. And the ultimate sin, the cardinal sin, is for a man to raise his hand to a woman or a child.” — Joe Biden
22. “My dad would say, Joe, remember, never argue with your wife about anything that is going to happen more than a year from now.” — Joe Biden
Joe Biden quotes that show us what kind of leader he would be
23. “Our future cannot depend on the government alone. The ultimate solutions lie in the attitudes and the actions of the American people.” — Joe Biden
24. “Here at home, when Americans were standing in long lines to give blood after the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, we squandered an obvious opportunity to make service a noble cause again, and rekindle an American spirit of community.” — Joe Biden
25. “The effects of climate change are real and must be acted on.” — Joe Biden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of climate change quotes to inspire you to take action.
26. “We didn’t crumble after 9/11. We didn’t falter after the Boston Marathon. But we’re America. Americans will never, ever stand down. We endure. We overcome. We own the finish line.” — Joe Biden
27. “For any young democracy, the most difficult but important step is burying the legacy of tyranny and establishing an economy and a government and institutions that abide by the rule of law. Every country faces challenges to the rule of law, including my own.” — Joe Biden
28. “America’s experience, like many others, teaches us that fostering entrepreneurship is not just about crafting the right economic policy or developing the best educated curricula. It’s about creating an entire climate in which innovation and ideas flourish.” — Joe Biden
29. “Let me tell you what I literally told every world leader I’ve met with, and I’ve met them all: It’s never, never, never been a good bet to bet against America. We have the finest fighting force in the world.” — Joe Biden
30. “No fundamental social change occurs merely because government acts. It’s because civil society, the conscience of a country, begins to rise up and demand – demand – demand change.” — Joe Biden
31. “One of the things I’ve never been accused of is not caring about people.” — Joe Biden
32. “I have an expression I use as I’ve gone around the world through my career: You never tell another man or woman what’s in their interest. They know their interest better than you know their interest.” — Joe Biden
33. “The moral disapprobation of society has an impact on behavior in societies.” — Joe Biden
34. “Given a fair shot, given a fair chance, Americans have never, ever, ever, ever let their country down. Never. Never. Ordinary people like us. Who do extraordinary things. I know why we’re strong. I know why we have held together; I know why we are united: it’s because there’s always been a growing middle class.” — Joe Biden
35. “You’ve got to reach a hand of friendship across the aisle and across philosophies in this country.” — Joe Biden
36. “I have never left another senator out to dry. Never.” — Joe Biden
Joe Biden quotes about corruption and other bad behavior
37. “Corruption is a cancer: a cancer that eats away at a citizen’s faith in democracy, diminishes the instinct for innovation and creativity; already-tight national budgets, crowding out important national investments. It wastes the talent of entire generations. It scares away investments and jobs.” — Joe Biden
38. “Fighting corruption is not just good governance. It’s self-defense. It’s patriotism.” — Joe Biden
39. “Corruption is just another form of tyranny.” — Joe Biden
40. “In this world, emotion has become suspect – the accepted style is smooth, antiseptic and passionless.” — Joe Biden
41. “In the 21st century, the countries that thrive will be the ones where citizens know their voices will be heard because the institutions are transparent.” — Joe Biden
42. “I believe the American people have a genuine and justifiable fear of government intrusion in what they instinctively know is going to be an ever more intrusive world.” — Joe Biden
43. “It is my view that we cannot conduct foreign policy at the extremes.” — Joe Biden
Inspirational Joe Biden Quotes
44. “Life is a matter of really tough choices.” — Joe Biden
45. “Failure at some point in your life is inevitable, but giving up is unforgivable.” — Joe Biden
46. “The greatest gift is the ability to forget – to forget the bad things and focus on the good.” — Joe Biden
47. “Innovation can only occur where you can breathe free.” — Joe Biden
48. “We must rekindle the fire of idealism in our society.” — Joe Biden
49. “Rules for Happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for.” — Joe Biden
50. “The only way I survived, the only way I got through it, was by staying busy and keeping my mind, when it can be, focused on my job.” — Joe Biden
51. “You know you’re a success when you look at your kids and realize they turned out better than you.” – Joe Biden
52. “I’ve learned a long time ago, you don’t say anything for absolutely certain.” – Joe Biden
53. “Wealthy people are just as patriotic as poor people, I honest to God believe that.” – Joe Biden
More Joe Biden quotes and sayings
54. “I believe the measure of a man isn’t just the road he’s traveled; it’s the choices he’s made along the way.” – Joe Biden
55. “Stop talking about how you care about people. Show me something. Show me a policy. Show me a policy where you take responsibility.” – Joe Biden
56. “The art of living is simply getting up after you’ve been knocked down.” – Joe Biden
57. “I’m joking, I’m joking. Best decision I ever made.” – Joe Biden
58. “Don’t be intimidated by power, wealth or station, character alone makes all the difference.” – Joe Biden
59. “I kept trying to tell people that just because I was young didn’t mean I could speak for all young people.” – Joe Biden
60. “If we wait for the danger to become clear, it could be too late.” – Joe Biden
What did you learn from these Joe Biden quotes?
Joe has lived a life full of trauma, but his response has always been to forge ahead and do what he needed to do.
We need that faith and determination in these critical times.
He is kind and displays an innate sense of goodness.
He is concerned for others and guided by principles of decency.
I am ready for decency to be restored to the White House.
I am ready for the world to remember who America is.
Hell, I am ready for myself to remember who we are as Americans.
I will not lie and say I support all of Vice President Biden’s policies, but I support the kind of human being he is.
I admire the way he worked to overcome a stutter.
He faced bullies and difficulty, but he handled it with class and grit.
I can appreciate the resiliency of this man who didn’t have everything handed to him and built a noble life.
America could use that type of person right now, and so could the rest of the world.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Joe Biden quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other insightful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Eliza A Kane
March 9, 2021 at 10:08 PM
I used to like him. His likeable personality has gone like the face lifts he’s had. I find him now to be” I’ll get you behind the gym type “which isn’t endearing for a 78 year old man. He can hardly speak off the cuff. It’s so sad to see what ego does. He should have let a younger more vibrant dem get the nod.
James R. Bradfield
February 5, 2021 at 6:42 PM
He has already shown he can talk the talk, but not walk THE TALK by causing thousands and thousands 0f people to lose their job and the gas prices are going up and up. I am afraid of him!
December 28, 2020 at 12:17 PM
I am concerned that he might not recall the appropriate quote at the appropriate time; he just might not, and I’m certain His VP differs entirely.