These witty and funny stay-safe quotes remind us that all safety is important.
If you have any funny safety stories, be sure to share them with us in the comment section below.
“Stay safe” has become a popular parting in the times of Coronavirus.
Whether that means staying home, wearing a mask, or putting on your seat belt.
“Stay safe” can apply to so many situations, and we could all use the reminder now and then.
There are many ways a person can protect themselves in today’s world regardless of whether they are at work or in social situations.
As a former lifeguard and as a parent, I have learned the value of precaution.
Precaution can help keep you safe in situations where accidents are likely to happen—like in a car or at the pool!
Keep reading through these stay-safe quotes to learn how you can prevent injury and keep yourself safe!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Witty and funny stay safe quotes
1. “When safety is first, you last.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on Killua quotes.
2. “Accidents hurt, safety doesn’t.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on safety quotes.
3. “Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless.” — Unknown
4. “Luck runs out, but safety is good for life.” — Unknown
5. “Check yourself before you wreck yourself.” — Unknown
6. “Better a thousand times careful than once dead.” — Proverb
7. “Paper doesn’t save people, people save people.” — Dan Peterson
8. “While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work.” — Unknown
9. “Safety is 30% Common Sense, 80% Compliance and the rest is good luck.” — Barry Spud
10. “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” — Jeff Cooper
Wise stay safe quotes
11. “Precaution is better than cure.” — Edward Coke
12. “Safety doesn’t happen by accident.” — Unknown
13. “Safety’s just danger, out of place.” — Harry Connick
14. “Safety brings first aid to the uninjured.” — F.S. Hughes
15. “There is always safety in valor.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent.” — Unknown
17. “For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind.” — Eleanor Everet
18. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” — Benjamin Franklin
19. “Obedience is the mother of success and is wedded to safety.” — Aeschylus
20. “You are your last line of defense in safety. It boils down to you.” — Kina Repp
Stay safe quotes about workplace safety
21. “It takes leadership to improve safety.” — Jackie Stewart
22. “Tomorrow: your reward for working safely today.” — Robert Pelton
23. “Working safely is like breathing if you don’t, you die.” — Jerry Smith
24. “Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.” — Unknown
25. “Protect your hands, you need them to pick up your paycheck.” — Unknown
26. “Work injuries and illnesses can affect every aspect of life for workers and their families.” — Maine Department of Labor
27. “Our mandate is to improve the condition, health, and safety of workers, and our mission is universal.” — David A. Morse
28. “If the owner or manager does not show an interest in preventing employee injury and illness, then the employees will probably not give it much thought either.” — Rhode Island Small Business Recovery Program
29. “Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of life and death. It is the sum of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die.” — Sir Brian Appleton
30. “Don’t do something detrimental to yourself. In hurting yourself, you obviously do damage to you, but you are part of the team, so when you damage yourself via a poor choice, you are hurting the team as well.” — Matt Forck
Stay safe quotes about society and public safety
31. “Public trust is essential to public safety.” — Martin O’Malley
32. “We can only have true public safety with public trust.” — Betsy Hodges
33. “Public safety and emergency preparedness is essential.” — Cindy Hyde-Smith
34. “The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.” — Tacitus
35. “There’s no better policy in a society than pursuing health and safety of its people.” — Ralph Nader
36. “True public safety requires a collaboration between law enforcement and the community.” — Betsy Hodges
37. “Government’s first duty and highest obligation is public safety.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
38. “Safety from external danger is the most powerful director of national conduct.” — Alexander Hamilton
39. “Safety work is today recognized as an economic necessity. It is the study of the right way to do things.” — Robert W. Campbell
40. “I’m glad to see how young people are stepping up when it comes to safety. They are focused on safety rather than being told to be safe. It makes a difference when people own things.” — Scott Cam
Stay safe quotes about life
41. “Fear is the foundation of safety.” — Tertullian
42. “Safety isn’t just a slogan, it’s a way of life.” — Unknown
43. “Safety saves sickness, suffering, sadness.” — Unknown
44. “At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security.” — Jodi Rell
45. “In skating over thin ice our safety is in our speed.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
46. “Carefulness costs you nothing. Carelessness may cost you your life.” — Unknown
47. “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety” — Proverbs 11:14
48. “An incident is just the tip of the iceberg, a sign of a much larger problem below the surface.” — Don Brown
49. “We must respect the past and mistrust the present if we wish to provide for the safety of the future.” — Joseph Joubert
50. “You don’t need to know the whole alphabet of Safety. The A, B, C of it will save you if you follow it: Always Be Careful.” — Colorado School of Mines Magazine
Staying safe matters for you and everyone else
Of course, precaution isn’t about living in fear and hiding away from life.
It simply means that you are aware of your surroundings and are doing what you can to keep yourself healthy and well.
There will always be situations beyond our control where we can not guarantee our safety.
However, doing what you can to keep yourself (and others) safe is a part of being a good member of society.
Everyone we encounter means the world to someone out there, and if we can keep each safe, then we should try.
So buckle up when you get in the car, weigh things like risk versus reward, and make smart choices.
What are some situations where you realized how important it was to stay safe?
Let us know in the comment section below!