Enjoy these inspirational Watchman Nee quotes from the Chinese Christian church leader!
Watchman Nee was a Christian teacher and church leader in China during the 20th century.
You might also like these related articles:
Nee was born in Shantou, Qing dynasty, in 1903 and died in Guangde, Anhui, China, in 1972.
When Nee was 17 years old, his mother attended a revival held by Dora Yu in the Church of Heavenly Peace in Fuzhou.
His mother made such a transformation that it intrigued Nee, so he attended the remaining days of the revival and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.
Nee then had a passion to not only grow his learning of the Christian faith but also for teaching others about Jesus.
In 1922 Nee initiated church meetings in Fuzhou, Fujian province, which can be considered the beginning of local churches.
Take a look at these Watchman Nee Quotes to learn more about this faithful man.
Inspirational Watchman Nee Quotes
Check out these inspirational quotes by Watchman Nee.
1. “How meaningful are the words, “in Christ.” — Watchman Nee
2. “Our rest lies in looking to the Lord, not to ourselves.” — Watchman Nee
3. “The cross grants us position, the Holy Spirit gives us experience.” — Watchman Nee
4. “Attempting to follow Him without denying the self is the root of all failures.” — Watchman Nee
5. “God is not seeking a display of my Christ-likeness, but a manifestation of His Christ.” — Watchman Nee
6. “God will answer all our questions in one way and one way only. Namely, by showing us more of his Son.” — Watchman Nee
7. “I must first have the sense of God’s possession of me before I can have the sense of His presence with me.” — Watchman Nee
8. “He who is able to accept everything gladly from the Lord – including darkness, dryness, flatness – and completely disregard self is he who lives for Him.” — Watchman Nee
9. “Never decide on anything or start to do anything while emotion is agitating like a roaring sea. Again, during that time, even our conscience is rendered unreliable.” — Watchman Nee
10. “God does not blame me for being an individual, but for my individualism. His greatest problem is not the outward divisions and denominations that divide His church, but our own individualistic hearts.” — Watchman Nee
Wise Watchman Nee Quotes
Watchman Nee was a wise man, as evidenced by the following quotes.
11. “How dangerous a master human emotion is!” — Watchman Nee
12. “With complete consecration comes perfect peace.” — Watchman Nee
13. “God has supplied all my needs and has not failed me once.” — Watchman Nee
14. “Good is not always God’s will, but God’s will is always good.” — Watchman Nee
15. “People who cover their faults and excuse themselves do not have a repentant spirit.” — Watchman Nee
16. “Many are so preoccupied with work that they allow little time for prayer. Hence they cannot cast out demons.” — Watchman Nee
17. “Do not grow overconfident following a few victories. Should you not rely upon the Holy Spirit, you will soon be thrown once more into a distressing experience.” — Watchman Nee
Spiritual Watchman Nee Quotes
Check out these spiritual quotes from Watchman Nee.
18. “He delights in having us cooperate with Him.” — Watchman Nee
19. “I want nothing for myself; I want everything for the Lord.” — Watchman Nee
20. “The ‘flesh’ is too bad to be cleansed; it must be crucified.” — Watchman Nee
21. “The Christian experience, from start to finish, is a journey of faith.” — Watchman Nee
22. “Our old history ends with the Cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.” — Watchman Nee
23. “Prayer enables us first inwardly to overcome the enemy and then outwardly to deal with him.” — Watchman Nee
24. “Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved. Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full.” — Watchman Nee
25. “The Spirit is both a builder and a dweller. He cannot dwell where he has not built; He builds to dwell and dwells in only what he has built.” — Watchman Nee
Nee’s Late Life
Watchman Nee published multiple books over thirty years about the Bible, established multiple churches, and held conferences to train Bible students and church workers.
Nee was persecuted and imprisoned for his faith and spent the last twenty years of his life in prison.
He was later honored in 2009 by Christopher H. Smith, the Representative for the state of New Jersey.
Please share these Watchman Nee Quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about this faithful man in the comment section below.