If you are in search of werewolf quotes, your search is over.
We have created a list of the best quotes about werewolves that are worth reading and sharing.
Besides these quotes, we have also shared some information about werewolves and the reasons for their popularity.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
What are Werewolves?
Werewolves are considered an element of terror in folklore.
For centuries, the character of a werewolf has tended to be fascinating, inspiring, and fearsome.
Werewolves are usually depicted in stories and movies as half-human and half-wolf.
These creatures are famous for their unpredictability and ferocity.
Due to different interesting aspects of their character, werewolves have been widely used as a subject in films, literature, and popular culture.
Origins of the Werewolf Legend
The legend of the werewolf is associated with ancient folklore, which dates back to the earliest civilizations.
According to Norse mythology, two wolves served as the companions of the god Odin.
In ancient Greek culture, it is believed that the god Apollo turned King Lycaon into a wolf.
Werewolves are considered fearsome and powerful creatures.
Their mystical powers and the moon’s impact on them are usually depicted in movies and folklore.
Werewolves in Films and Literature
When it comes to literature and films, werewolves have been a popular subject.
Various filmmakers and authors have introduced their own spin on werewolves.
A werewolf was introduced in Bram Stoker’s “Dracula,” which was published in 1897.
The character’s name was Quincey Morris.
He was revealed as a werewolf at the climax of the novel.
“Werewolf of London” was a movie that was released in 1935 under the banner of Universal Pictures.
It was the first Hollywood film, which is known to feature a werewolf as a lead character.
This genre reached its peak in the era between 1980 and 1990.
The most noteworthy movies of this era include:
- An American Werewolf in London
- The Howling
Why Werewolves are so Popular
You might have wondered why werewolves still captivate audiences.
Most of us believe that werewolves represent humanity’s dark side.
These creatures have the primal urge to kill and hunt, which also lurks within us as humans.
In addition, when a human transforms into a wolf, it represents the mystical powers that inspire us.
On the other hand, the pop culture sees werewolves as a sign of non-conformity and rebellious behavior.
Top 10 Werewolf Quotes
Here are our top 10 werewolf quotes for werewolf enthusiasts.
1. “Never moon a werewolf.” — Mike Binder
2. “I’m a werewolf, not a golden retriever.” — Cassandra Clare
3. “I saw a Werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand.” — Warren Zevon
4. “What the hell kind of name is Kitty for a werewolf?” — Carrie Vaughn
5. “Werewolves are much more common animals than you might think.” — Daniel Pinkwater
6. “What would I do without the moral compass of a teenage werewolf.” — Ilona Andrews
7. “Taking out werewolves, I gather and surmise, is akin to taking out a SEAL team.” — Patricia Briggs
8. “If you were to send a werewolf to the moon, would he be a werewolf permanently?” — Kristen Schaal
9. “I mean, I feel like I’ve been pretending I was a werewolf since I was a little kid.” — Joe Manganiello
10. “I may be a werewolf and Scottish, but despite what you may have read about both, we are not cads!” — Gail Carriger
Werewolf Quotes about Werewolves
Discover the mysterious world of werewolves with these powerful quotes that capture the essence of these creatures of the night.
11. “Where does a werewolf sleep? Anywhere he wants to.” — Patricia Briggs
12. “The three “F”s of being a werewolf, Feeding, Fighting, and…Reproduction.” — Kelley Armstrong
13. “You can’t kill rock and roll without a silver bullet because she’s a werewolf.” — Anthony Langston
14. “The werewolf is neither man nor wolf, but a satanic creature with the worst qualities of both.” — Warner Oland
15. “You know,” he said, “every time a vampire says he doesn’t believe in lycanthropes, a werewolf bursts into flames.” — Elizabeth Bear
16. “Highland werewolves had a reputation for doing atrocious and highly unwarranted *things*, like wearing smoking jackets to the dinner table.” — Gail Carriger
17. “It’s chaotic. I have heard blood-curdling screams, and every time I hear it I think someone’s being brutally murdered, but I realize it’s a werewolf.” — Sarah Hyland
18. “Go to faeries for gossip about vampires, to werewolves for gossip about faeries, and do not gossip about werewolves, because they try to bite your face off: that was Magnus’s motto.” — Cassandra Clare
19. “I don’t care for werewolves. They’re all right, I guess, if you go for the shedding, savaging the countryside thing. But they’re not very scary nor very sexy and so what’s the point?” — Maggie Stiefvater
20. “Contrary to popular myth, werewolves myth, werewolves are born, not made. No matter how many times they bite someone, that person will not turn, though they will probably bleed profusely and will definitely be annoyed.” — Molly Harper
Werewolf Quotes About the Werewolf in Man
These quotes concern those who, knowingly or not, are capable of shapeshifting due to the presence of a werewolf within them.
21. “He’s a werewolf! That’s why he’s been missing classes!” — J. K. Rowling
22. “I think we all have to fight the werewolf within us somehow.” — William Kempe
23. “Werewolves? Oh, please, just plain stupid. Who wants to get it on with a man ruled by his inner dog?” — Karen Marie Moning
24. “(Raven) “Makes me think of werewolves. Do you think a man can change into an animal?” (Alexander) “If he’s with the right girl.” — Ellen Schreiber
25. “The truth is, if a werewolf behaved like this psychopath, it wouldn’t be because he was part animal, but because he was still too human. Only humans kill for sport.” — Kelley Armstrong
26. “And thus Charles found himself wandering around a hotel, trailing federal agents as he held a cardboard coffee cup holder in each hand, instead of out killing misbehaving werewolves.” — Patricia Briggs
27. “I love inventing interesting people and then pushing them to their absolute limits – and usually those absolute limits involve homicidal faeries, werewolves, or some other paranormal menace.” — Maggie Stiefvater
28. “I have often thought that with any luck at all, I could have been born a werewolf because the two middle fingers on both my hands are the same length, but I have had to be content with what I had.” — Shirley Jackson
29. “One time, I completely thought I’d turned into a werewolf and was sure I could see hairs sprouting from my face. At those times, I’d suddenly go very quiet and not talk to anyone, stunned from the developments, being a werewolf and all.” — Beth Orton
30. “I think everyone can relate to the werewolf myth – because we’ve all, as a result of alcohol, drugs, exhaustion, rage, gone off the leash and come to regret it later. I appeal to this psychologically – the unleashed id – but with a biological cause; I’m hopefully making possible supernatural circumstances.” — Benjamin Percy
Werewolf Quotes Related to the Movie
The following quotes are related to the Werewolf movie that illustrates werewolf mythology.
31. “Little old lady got mutilated late last night, werewolves of London, again.” — Warren Zevon
32. “I think American Werewolf in London is the greatest werewolf movie of all time.” — David Hayter
33. “With all due respect to Taylor Lautner and his 18-pack abs, my werewolf is going to be 100 times cooler!” — Michael Trevino
34. “I wanted to make a small movie about a guy and a girl on the beach, but then I thought, wouldn’t it be cool if a werewolf was there?” — Stephen Sommers
35. “What was the good of being a movie werewolf? You howled at the moon; you couldn’t remember what you did, and then somebody shot you.” — Anne Rice
36. “For me personally, I think I just enjoy movies about werewolves or vampires because it’s not like an everyday thing. It’s something you can really escape into.” — Agnes Bruckner
37. “Twilight’ has a supernatural reference to it with werewolves and vampires. ‘Harry Potter’ has magic. ‘The Hunger Games’ is about real people put into extreme situations and circumstances.” — Isabelle Fuhrman
38. “As far as expense, I think if ‘Twilight’ does well enough, then we should be able to do the big expensive stuff for the sequels. I mean, we have to have werewolves; there’s no way around it. They have to be there.” — Stephenie Meyer
39. “I’ve done movies that I’ve been advised not to do. ‘Dog Soldiers,’ the movie I did 11 years ago now, I remember my agent at the time was like, ‘You shouldn’t do that. It’s a weird film about werewolves,’ and it became a cult hit.” — Kevin McKidd
40. “I grew up watching ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and used to dream that I would grow up to be just like her. In a way, ‘Teen Wolf’ has a lot of those kinds of characters. We’re just kids by day, and yet we’re trying to fight demons and werewolves and bad people and save people that we love.” — Arden Cho
Werewolf Quotes About Werewolves & Vampires
Get lost in the fantasy world with these spellbinding quotes that showcase the dynamic relationship between werewolves and vampires.
41. “After I chased the werewolf and the vampire out of my office, I changed my clothes.” — Ilona Andrews
42. “Whether you’re a vampire or werewolf, love is still love. Betrayal is still betrayal.” — Nathan Parsons
43. “My brother believed in all sorts of mythical creatures: pixies, dragons, werewolves, honest men.” — Jodi Picoult
44. “Vampires, werewolves, fallen angels and fairies lurk in the shadows, their intentions far from honorable.” — Jeaniene Frost
45. “If vampires and werewolves were walking around today, there would be chaos. People would be losing their minds.” — Rutina Wesley
46. “Vampire politics make the very complicated dance of manners that is werewolf protocol look like the Hokey Pokey.” — Patricia Briggs
47. “Sometimes the scariest things in life aren’t the Vampires and the Werewolves; sometimes there are things even God doesn’t want to know about. Which is why he created the Devil’s Roses.” — Tara Brown
48. “I have a lot of ‘Twilight’ gear. I love the hoodies that say ‘vampires’ and ‘werewolves,’ but I refuse to get one because I can’t choose; I have to have them both. I have the Team Edward T-shirt, but I also have Team Jacob.” — Christian Serratos
49. “I certainly believe that what we perceive as humans is just the tip of the iceberg. I don’t necessarily believe in vampires or werewolves or that kind of thing, but I believe there is definitely a realm we don’t necessarily have access to.” — Alan Ball
50. “Vampires get the joy of flying around and living forever; werewolves get the joy of animal spirits. But zombies, they’re not rich or aristocratic; they shuffle around. They’re a group phenomenon, they’re not very fast, and they’re quite sickly. So what’s the pleasure of being one?” — Margaret Atwood
Which of these Werewolf Quotes is your Favorite?
While going through our list of werewolf quotes, you might have felt the inspiration and engagement.
This is because we have included only the most popular and motivational quotes.
Hence, it won’t take long for you to find your favorite werewolf quote.
You will also love to share these amazing quotes with your friends and family.
If you have found your favorite werewolf quote, don’t forget to share it with us.
You can mention it in our comments section listed below.
We would love to learn about your choice.