If you can’t get enough of Sheldon Cooper then you’ll enjoy these Young Sheldon quotes.
Young Sheldon is a hit television series that is a spinoff of the previously long-running series The Big Bang Theory.
In The Big Bang Theory, one of the main characters is named Sheldon Cooper. He is a genius physicist who has a difficult time relating to the average person.
The show is about him and his group of friends. It lasted for an astounding 12 years.
The spinoff Young Sheldon is exactly like it sounds. It covers the backstory of Sheldon Cooper. In the first season, the character was a nine-year-old.
But just like Sheldon is in The Big Bang Theory, child Sheldon is also unlike the average kid as you’ll see in these Young Sheldon quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Big Bang Theory quotes to reminisce about the series.
Memorable Young Sheldon quotes
1. “I’m only nine years old. Most evil doesn’t start till puberty.” ― Sheldon
2. “Did you know that if gravity were slightly more powerful, the universe would collapse into a ball?” ― Sheldon
3. “I can’t see myself living in California. I don’t trust their carefree lifestyle.” ― Sheldon
4. “I needed to get on the shuttle so I could escape this ridiculous planet. Spoiler alert, I’m still here.” ― Sheldon
5. “Welcome to the church of Mathology. Today I’d like to talk about prime numbers and why they give us joy.” ― Sheldon
6. “What I find interesting, is how so many supervillains are scientists. If the world doesn’t respect me, I might change sides.” ― Sheldon
7. “Per the student dress and grooming code, this boy’s hair is too long. This boy’s wearing sports attire outside a designated area. And this girl’s blouse is diaphanous, which means I can see her brassiere.” ― Sheldon
8. “You want to know what’s really interesting? Aristotle thought that the sound of thunder was due to a collision between two clouds. He believed the clouds were expelling air, in the way a log on a fire crackles.” ― Sheldon
9. “The average American consumes 55 pounds of beef per year. And then there’s Texas, where we can knock that off in a couple of months. Maybe faster if we’re talking about smoked brisket.” ― Sheldon
10. “I don’t need a calculator, dad. I am one.” ― Sheldon
11. “In Texas, the holy trinity is God, Football and barbecue. Not necessarily in that order.” ― Sheldon
12. “Science fact: Sisters are the worst.” ― Sheldon
13. “I actually enjoyed being alone, solitude allowed me to think about important things.” ― Sheldon
Young Sheldon quotes by Missy
14. “I don’t need to be good at Math, I have beautiful hair.” ― Missy
15. “He can hear you. He knows if you’ve been bad or good. Like Santa, but he can send you to hell.” ― Missy
16. “All I know is, he’s not in the same grade as me anymore. And I’m thrilled.” ― Missy
17. “I don’t want to die, I’ve only kissed one boy so far.” ― Missy
18. “Sheldon, can you hear me? It’s your twin sister, Missy. Everything’s all right here, but I think Mom misses you real bad. All right, I can’t hear you, so I’m gonna hang up now.” ― Missy
Young Sheldon quotes by Mary
19. “Nothing is wrong with him, now turn back around before I break your neck.” ― Mary
20. “Sheldon, faith means believing in something you can’t know for sure is real. And right now, I am struggling with that.” ― Mary
21. “Shelly, remember when you thought you had leprosy, and it was just a patch of dry skin?” ― Mary
Young Sheldon quotes by Meemaw
22. “Darlin’, there’s no inferring. I’ve seen the boy sitting in the dirt eating his own belly button lint.” ― Meemaw
23. “Well, if there is something wrong with him, it ain’t constipation.” ― Meemaw
24.“Okay. Somebody’s got to teach this kid to swear, it’s embarrassing.” ― Meemaw
25. “You know, I hear you say things like that, and I wonder if maybe I did have a few too many whiskey sours when you were in my belly.” ― Meemaw
26. “Well, in my experience, most people stay the miserable bastards they are their whole entire life. But I have seen some folks change.” ― Meemaw
27. “She’s cute. So she probably gets away with stuff. I’m like that.” ― Meemaw
28. “What kind of Texan drinks pink wine?” ― Meemaw
29. “I mean, assuming he enjoys dinner, he might want a scoop of Meemaw for dessert.” ― Meemaw
30. “What if Einstein’s parents had held him back? We wouldn’t even have the…I was gonna say ‘atomic bomb’, but there’s probably a better example.” ― Meemaw
31. “What’s on a person’s face is not always what’s in their heart.” ― Meemaw
Young Sheldon quotes by George Jr.
32. “Soon as I graduate high school, I’m gonna be a professional male model.” ― George Jr
33. “I think the saddest part about it is just how sad it is.” ― George Jr.
34. “Come on, Mom. It’s not like I’m gonna graduate ‘val-dictator-torian’.” ― George Jr.
35. “I like complaining. I’m good at it.” ― George Jr.
36. “How did I get a rocket scientist for one son and a rodeo clown for the other?” ― George Jr.
Young Sheldon quotes from memorable conversations within the show
37. Mary: “Why are you trying to convince me to believe in God? You don’t believe in God.”
Sheldon: “I don’t, but the precision of the universe at least makes it logical to conclude there’s a creator.”
38. Mary: “You understand that some people are going to be intimidated by you, because of how smart you are?”
Sheldon: “Or maybe they’ll recognize my intellect and make me their leader.”
39. Sheldon: “I was exploring dimensional kinematics.”
George Jr.: “Admit it. He’s adopted.”
Sheldon: “How can I be adopted when I have a twin sister? Think, monkey, think.”
40. George Sr.: “He can hold hands with his family. It won’t kill him.”
Sheldon: “We don’t know that.”
41. George Jr.: “How can I be excited when he’s gonna be in the same grade as me?”
Sheldon: “Don’t worry, Georgie. I’m not planning on being in the ninth grade for very long.”
42. Tam: “Your lack of testosterone makes you adorable to women.”
Sheldon: “I can’t argue with that.”
43. Sheldon: “Moth! Moth!”
George Sr.: “Sheldon, it’s just a butterfly.”
Sheldon: “How is that any better? Butterfly, butterfly!”
44. Sheldon: “I can’t sleep.”
Nurse Robinson: “Did you try counting sheep?”
Sheldon: “Oh, no, I’m afraid of farm animals.”
45. Sheldon: “Dad, can we afford a computer?”
George: “You do my taxes, what do you think?”
Sheldon: “Never mind.”
46. Sheldon: “I don’t think the fight was about beer. I think there was more subtext.”
Missy: “You’re probably right. Then again, I don’t know what subtext is.”
47. Sheldon: “Good luck with your finger painting.”
Missy: “You’re gonna get your ass kicked in high school.”
48. Sheldon: “I bet you don’t even know the first thing about Sweden.”
Missy: “Well, you’re wrong, it’s where those little meatballs come from. And that chef on The Muppets. That’s two things. Oh, and it’s in Canada. That’s three.”
49. George Sr.: “Okay, Connie, now you’re just insulting me.”
Meemaw: “Well, that was not my intention, but I’m glad to hear it.”
50. “Sheldon, when your days are over, God will never ask you, ‘Why weren’t you Einstein?’ But he might ask you, ‘Why weren’t you Sheldon?’” ― Rabbi Schneiderman
Which of these Young Sheldon quotes is your favorite?
While the television series hasn’t performed at the same level as The Big Bang Theory, it’s been popular with many fans. They enjoy learning about Sheldon’s history and watching the interactions with his family members.
In The Big Bang Theory, fans learned that Sheldon is from Texas and his family is very unlike him. This makes for some interesting storytelling in the prequel. They hold true to the details shared from the main show.
The show has completed four seasons and is getting ready to premiere the fifth season in the fall of 2021. You can get ready for the coming season by enjoying The Young Sheldon quotes and sayings above.
September 3, 2021 7:00 AM EST