A Wrinkle in Time Quotes That Are Worth Sharing
April 15, 2023 4:32 AM EST
The “A Wrinkle in Time” quotes listed in this article are associated with the different characters portrayed in both the novel and the movie.
Reading these quotes will give you a glimpse of the theme.
In addition to these quotes, we have also discussed the book to give you an idea about the story.
If interested, please continue reading.
Some Words about “A Wrinkle in Time”
“A Wrinkle in Time” is a popular novel in the fantasy or science fiction genre.
The book was written by Madeleine L’Engle and was published in 1962.
This novel revolves around a young girl named Meg Murry.
She experiences an interdimensional adventure along with two other young people (brother Charles Wallace and friend Calvin O’Keefe).
They all go on a quest to save Murry’s father, a scientist who has been missing for years.
The story starts with the struggling efforts of Meg at school to fit in with her peers.
At that time, she was living with her three brothers and a mother.
Charles Wallace is highly intelligent but shy.
The absence of her father haunts Meg.
One night, Charles Wallace and Meg met three unknown and mysterious beings named:
- Mrs. Whatsit
- Mrs. Who
- Mrs. Which
They inform Meg about the dangers her father is facing.
With the power to travel through space and time, these creatures help Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin to travel through different dimensions to search for Mr. Murry.
During the story, Meg understands her fears and challenges.
She also learns critical lessons about trust, love, and the universe.
The novel/book gained popularity for its unique theme of individualism and empowerment.
A Wrinkle in Time: The Movie
As the name suggests, this movie is based on the novel “A Wrinkle in Time”.
This science fantasy adventure movie was released in 2018.
Ava DuVernay directed it, and the plot is almost similar to the novel.
- The cast of this movie consists include:
- Storm Reid as Meg Murry
- Levi Miller as Calvin O’Keefe
- Deric McCabe as Charles Wallace Murry
- Reese Witherspoon as Mrs. What’s It
- Oprah Winfrey as Mrs. Which
- Mindy Kaling as Mrs. Who
You will also enjoy our article on Their Eyes Were Watching God quotes.
Top 5 A Wrinkle In Time Quotes
Following are the top “wrinkle in time” quotes by the famous characters of the novel/movie.
1. “There’s nothing left except to try.” — Mr. Murry
2. “When I’m mad I don’t have room to be scared.” — Meg Murry
3. “You see, though we travel together, we travel alone.” — Mrs. Who
4. “If you aren’t unhappy sometimes you don’t know how to be happy.” — Mrs. Murry
5. “Have you ever tried to get to your feet with a sprained dignity?” — Mrs. Whatsit
Inspirational A Wrinkle In Time Quotes
“A Wrinkle in Time” quotes are a great source of inspiration for readers. Here are a few quotes in this regard.
6. “Experience is the mother of knowledge.” — Mrs. Who
7. “People are more than just the way they look.” — Mrs. Murry
8. “But of course we can’t take any credit for our talents. It’s how we use them that counts.” — Mrs. Whatsit
9. “The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly.” — Mrs. Which
10. “The things which are seen are temporal. But the things which are not seen are eternal.” — Aunt Beast
A Wrinkle In Time Quotes About Love
Everyone needs love in their life. Discover the power of love with these “A Wrinkle in Time” quotes.
11. “You don’t know how lucky you are to be loved.” — Calvin O’Keefe
12. “The heart has its reasons, whereof reason knows nothing.” — Mrs. Who
13. “If she could give love to it, perhaps it would shrivel up and die, for she was sure that it could not withstand love.” — Madeleine L’Engle
14. “There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones.” — Mrs. Which
15. “Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You’re given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself.” — Mrs. Whatsit
Hopeful A Wrinkle in Time Quotes
We must remain hopeful in every situation of our life. These a wrinkle in time quotes make you hopeful for every scenario.
16. “Nothing is hopeless; we must hope for everything.” — Mrs. Who
17. “You’re going to be tested every step of the way. Have faith in who you are.” — Mrs. Which
18. “All of those who are willing to face the darkness bring the best of themselves to the light, for the world.” — Madeleine L’Engle
19. “I don’t understand it any more than you do, but one thing I’ve learned is that you don’t have to understand things for them to be.” — Mrs. Murry
20. “Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You’re given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself.” — Mrs. Whatsit
A Wrinkle In Time Quotes to Get a Review
“A Wrinkle in Time” is a popular novel and movie that is widely known throughout the world. The following quotes contain reviews about a wrinkle in time from the readers.
21. “One of my favorite stories growing up was ‘A Wrinkle in Time’. I loved that book.” — Brit Marling
22. “We did not have a television while I was growing up, so I read voraciously. My earliest memory of being utterly transfixed by the book was Madeleine L’Engle’s ’A Wrinkle in Time.” — Dan Brown
23. “A WRINKLE IN TIME is one of my favorite books of all time. I’ve read it so often, I know it by heart. Meg Murry was my hero growing up. I wanted glasses and braces and for my parents to stick me in an attic bedroom. And I so wanted to save Charles Wallace from IT.” — Meg Cabot
24. “My favorite book in life is ‘A Wrinkle In Time,’ which I read before high school. It was my first introduction to the meeting of science and spirit and the universe and big thoughts and all of those interesting New Age concepts. It made everything make sense to me and opened up my mind.” — Mae Whitman
25. “Every story has already been told. Once you’ve read Anna Karenina, Bleak House, The Sound, and the Fury, To Kill a Mockingbird, and A Wrinkle in Time, you understand that there is really no reason ever to write another novel. Except that each writer brings to the table if she will let herself, something that no one else in the history of time has ever had.” — Anna Quindlen
Which of these A Wrinkle in Time Quotes is your Favorite?
“A Wrinkle in Time” is a great novel, which is based on the adventures of Meg Murry, a young girl.
This is why “A Wrinkle in Time” quotes are also popular among folks.
Especially after the release of the movie “A Wrinkle in Time,” people are more drawn towards these quotes.
To help you find your favorite quote, we have listed the most popular and relevant quotes in our list.
These quotes are interesting and worth sharing via social media.
If you have found what you were looking for, mention it in the comments section.
We look forward to your reply.