If you have enjoyed a cruise or are looking to do one, you will get a lot out of these cruise quotes!
A cruise refers to any travel on a passenger ship that is called a cruise ship.
We mainly use cruise ships for vacationing.
The most well-known type of cruise is an ocean cruise, where you leave from a port and travel across the ocean, usually with short stops at other ports.
However, most of your time is spent at sea.
Besides an ocean cruise, there are other options.
Short booze cruises focus on drinking, music cruises themed to music or a specific band, and river cruises along inland waterways.
The river cruises follow the pattern of the ocean cruise in that they are usually multi-day trips that start at one port and have stops at additional ports during the cruise.
Enjoy learning more about cruises by reading these cruise quotes!
Best Cruise Quotes for the Adventurer
If you’re ready to set sail, you’ll love these quotes.
1. “Adventure is worthwhile” — Aesop
2. “It’s out there at sea that you are really yourself.” — Vito Dumas
3. “Make voyages, Attempt them. There’s nothing else.” — Tennessee Williams
4. “The days pass happily with me wherever my ship sails.” — Joshua Slocum
5. “With age comes wisdom, with travel comes understanding.” — Sandra Lake
6. “The cure for anything is saltwater—sweat, tears, or the sea.” — Isak Dinesen
7. “Ship’s at a distance have every man’s wish on board.” — Zora Neale Hurston
8. “At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.” — Robin Lee Graham
9. “I wanted freedom, open air, and adventure. I found it on the sea.” — Alaine Gerbault
10. “It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better.” — Sir Francis Drake
Cruise quotes to make you want to set sail
If you’re ready to get out and explore the world, these quotes are for you.
11. “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” — Charles M Schulz
12. “We’ll go on another vacation like this. We’ll book another cruise.” — Rick Pankow
13. “On a day when the wind is perfect, the sail just needs to open, and the world is full of beauty.” — Rumi
14. “There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.” — Joseph Conrad
15. “You can find tranquility, you can find a party, you can find new friends. I’m a cruise convert.” — Guy Fieri
16. “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Christopher Columbus
17. “One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” — Andre Gide
18. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” — Robert Henri
19. “The great difference between voyages rests not with the ships, but with the people you meet on them.” — Amelia E. Barr
20. “The cruising life isn’t for all of us. It isn’t even for most of us, but it is for some of us, and for a few of us, it is essential to survival.” — Jim Trefethen
Cruise Quotes for Sea Lovers
You’ll enjoy these cruise quotes if you can’t get enough of the open water.
21. “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out and meet it.” — Jonathan Winters
22. “Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.” — Brooks Atkinson
23. “A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.” — Grace Hopper
24. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” — Ibn Battuta
25. “When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.” — Dr. Samuel Johnson
26. “The lovely thing about cruising is that planning usually turns out to be of little use.” — Dom Degnon
27. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” — Jacques Cousteau
28. “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” — Sir Richard Burton
29. “There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea.” — Jacques-Yves Cousteau
30. “Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made, for somewhere deep in their oaken hearts, the soul of a song is laid.” — Robert N. Rose
Travel and Cruise Quotes to Inspire You
As these quotes show, there is much to be learned and gained from traveling near and far.
31. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” — Seneca
32. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” — Antoine de St. Exupery
33. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” — Mark Twain
34. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves, and we travel, next to find ourselves.” — Pico Iyer
35. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” — Saint Augustine
36. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
37. “There is a kind of magicness about going far away and then coming back all changed.” — Kate Douglas Wiggin
38. “Sailors, with their built-in sense of order, service, and discipline, should really be running the world.” — Nicholas Monsarrat
39. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” — Hellen Keller
40. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.” — Hans Christian Andersen
More of the best travel and cruise quotes
Be inspired to plan your next trip with these quotes.
41. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” — Hilaire Belloc
42. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” — Joseph Conrad
43. “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” — Ray Bradbury
44. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” — Gustave Flaubert
45. “Stuff your eyes with wonder; live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world.” — Ray Bradbury
46. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
47. “Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.” — Charles Cook
48. “To desire nothing beyond what you have is surely happiness. Aboard a boat, it is frequently possible to achieve just that.” — Carleton Mitchell
49. “The planning stage of a cruise is often just as enjoyable as the voyage itself, letting one’s imagination loose on all kinds of possibilities.” — Jimmy Cornell
50. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
What can I expect on an Ocean or River Cruise?
On a multi-day cruise, you have the luxury of being assigned your own room for sleeping, etc.
You can get rooms on the ship’s interior if you are worried about sea sickness or want to save money, or if your budget allows, you can get a room with a balcony.
The ships have many forms of entertainment, including comedians, shopping, and pools.
You will also experience various food options; there is always something to eat!
Please share these cruise quotes with your friends and post any thoughts about cruises in the comment section below.