Safety Quotes to Keep You Safer on the Road When You’re Driving
July 27, 2022 5:00 AM EST
To get from Point A to Point B, we all have to travel to get to our destination either by foot or by some type of vehicle.
If you’re the driver of the vehicle, these safety quotes and sayings will take you back to re-learn or refresh your mind with the most important part of driving – safety.
Consider it your non-traditional review course on Driving 101.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Why is safety so important?
When you drive, you’re accountable for anything and anyone you’ll pass up on the road including pedestrians, your fellow drivers, your passengers and yourself as well as inanimate and living objects around you.
Read these safety quotes and keep safe, alert, sharp and mindful when you’re on the road.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Safety quotes about the conservation of human life
1. “Precaution is better than cure.” – Edward Coke
You will also enjoy our article on comfort zone quotes.
2. “Safety brings first aid to the uninjured.” – F.S. Hughes
You will also enjoy our article on military quotes.
3. “The real enemy of safety is not non-compliance but non-thinking.” – Dr. Rob Long
You will also enjoy our article on Nike quotes.
4. “Baseball is like driving. It’s the one who gets home safely that counts.” – Tommy Lasorda
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
5. “For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind.” – Eleanor Everet
You will also enjoy our article on health quotes.
6. “Government’s first duty and highest obligation is public safety.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
7. “Nothing is of greater importance that the conservation of human life.” – Calvin Coolidge
You will also enjoy our article on forest quotes.
8. “Shallow men believe in luck; wise and strong men in the cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on self care quotes.
9. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about taking risks.
10. “If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt.” – Dean Martin
You will also enjoy our article on car quotes.
Road safety quotes on the ideal of caution
11. “The future of the safety movement is not so much dependent upon the invention of safety devices as on the improvement of methods of educating people to the ideal of caution and safety.” – Walter Dill Scott
You will also enjoy our article on rain quotes.
12. “I’ve personally met up with quite a few legless, armless and other badly messed-up folks. There’s a whole lot of mighty serious accident contemplation going on in our hospitals. My observations have taught me that it is much better to think about accidents before they happen than to brood on them afterward. … Personally, I’d rather be late for dinner tonight here than to be on time for breakfast in the next world in the morning. Haste makes waste of a lot of good human material.” – Irvin S. Cobb
You will also enjoy our article on rachel carson quotes.
13. “A lot of the people who keep a gun at home for safety are the same ones who refuse to wear a seat belt.” – George Carlin
You will also enjoy our article on beth dutton quotes.
14. “Let’s manage safety recognizing how humans are and stop managing safety the way we wish humans were.” – Alan Quilley
You will also enjoy our article on hunting quotes.
15. “The automobile has brought death, injury and the most inestimable sorrow and deprivation to millions of people.” – Ralph Nader
16. “The economic waste resulting from carelessness is appalling, but anyone who stops for a moment to consider the sorrow and desolation which is brought into thousands of lives each year by utter thoughtlessness must feel a new resolve to make a habit of “Safety First.” – W. C. Durant
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of stay safe quotes to keep you healthy and well.
Safety quotes that will inspire you to do better
17. “Safety is 30% Common Sense, 80% Compliance and the rest is good luck.” – Barry Spud
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of good luck quotes for when you are feeling ill-fated.
18. “Teaching the world to be careful is a constructive service worthy of God’s great gift of life to man.” – Justice Harold H. Burton
19. “I’m not a daredevil. I don’t fly without a safety net.” – Steve Wynn
You will also enjoy our article on road quotes.
Safety quotes to make you wiser
20. “Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.” – Mac McCleary
21. “Recklessness is a species of crime and should be so regarded on our streets and highways.” – Marlen E. Pew
22. “Safety First is Safety Always.” – Charles M. Hayes
23. “The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.” – Dudley Moore
24. “The best safety lies in fear.” – William Shakespeare
Safety quotes to inspire and teach
25. “The driver that you have to sell on safety shouldn’t be driving.” – Kyle Petty
26. “The safety of the people is the highest law.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
27. “The speedway ends at the cemetery.” – Unknown
28. “To develop foresight, you need to practice hindsight.” – Jane McGonigal
29. “To err is human. To cover up is unforgivable. And to fail to learn is inexcusable.” – Professor Sir Liam Donaldson
30. “To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.” – Chinese Proverb
31. “To the everyday driver, we’d like to say that, anytime you’re engaging in something else while driving, that really does increase your crash risk by two to three times.” – Charlie Klauer
32. “Working safely is like breathing – if you don’t, you die.” – Jerry Smith
33. “Self-driving cars are the natural extension of active safety and obviously something we should do.” – Elon Musk
More safety quotes to keep in mind when driving
34. “Faster is fatal, slower is safe.” ― Amit Kalantri
35. “Few people would dream of hiring a contractor to build them a house and expect it to be built to a safe standard only 85 percent of the time; similarly, few people would want to eat out in a restaurant where only 85 percent of the meals were safe to eat. Why then do we accept such sloppiness in road safety, where a situation in which 85 percent of drivers going the speed limit is deemed to be good enough?” ― Neil Arason
36. “Certified stunt drivers earn a living, unlawful dangerous driving will earn you tragedy.” ― Wayne Chirisa
37. “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” ― George Carlin
38. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” ― Albert Einstein
39. “If four or five guys tell you that you’re drunk, even though you know you haven’t had a thing to drink, the least you can do is to lie down a little while.” ― Joseph M. Schenck
40. “Recklessness is a species of crime and should be so regarded on our streets and highways.” ― Marlen E. Pew
41. “For every “Drive Safely” sign, shouldn’t there be a “Resume Normal Driving” sign?” ― Robert Breault
42. “Driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 and above is illegal in every state.” ― Chuck Taylor
43. “It’s like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” ― E. L. Doctorow
Other important safety quotes on the road and beyond
44. “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin
45. “The driver on the highway is safe not when he reads the signs, but when He obeys them.” ― Aiden Tozer
46. “Understand, our police officers put their lives on the line for us every single day. They’ve got a tough job to do to maintain public safety and hold accountable those who break the law.” ― Barack Obama
47. “At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security.” ― Jodi Rell
48. “True public safety requires a collaboration between law enforcement and the community.” ― Betsy Hodges
49. “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” ― Jeff Cooper
50. “Safety from external danger is the most powerful director of national conduct. Even the ardent love of liberty will, after a time, give way to its dictates.” ― Alexander Hamilton
51. “One is not exposed to danger who, even when in safety is always on their guard.” ― Publilius Syrus
52. “There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else.” ― James Thurber
53. “Your own safety is at stake when your neighbor’s wall is ablaze.” ― Horace
Short Safety Quotes On Speed Limit
54. “Drive safely. Your family is waiting for you at home alert today.” — Divyansh Dixit
55. “Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet up.” — Barbara Kingsolver
56. “Find your speed, maintain your velocity, keep it up, keep it consistent, and stay in the pocket.” — Sony Barger.
57. “Bad news travels at the speed of light; good news travels like molasses.” — Tracy Morga
58. “I am not a speed reader, I am a speed understander.” — Isaac Asimov
59. “Speed is irrelevant if you are going in the wrong direction.” — Mahatma Gandhi
60. “It’s not the car you drive. It’s the driver who’s driving the car that’s doing the driving.” — Vin Serento
61. “It’s not how you stand by your car, it’s how you race your car.” — Edwin
62. “The person traveling at the fastest pace does not always arrive at their destination first.” — Rasheed Ogunlaru
63. “The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses.” — Mario Andretti
64. “A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defense.” – Unknown
65. “Caution is the parent of safety.”- Unknown
66. “Don’t learn by accident.” – Unknown
67. “Everything you need to get that relaxed driving that brings consistency only comes with practice.”- Unknown
68. “Hug your kids at home but belt them in the car.”- Unknown
69. “If safety is a joke, then death is the punchline.” – Unknown
70. “It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.” – Unknown
71. “Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.”- Unknown
72. “Luck runs out but safety is good for life.” – Unknown
73. “My job provides the paycheck but safety takes me home.” – Unknown
74. “Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.” – Unknown
75. “Every accident is a notice that something is wrong with men, methods, or material — investigate — then act.” – Unknown
76. “Reckless driving is operating a vehicle in a speed or manner likely to endanger other drivers.” – Unknown
77. “Road sense is the offspring of courtesy and the parent of safety.” – Unknown
78. “Safety doesn’t happen by accident.” – Unknown
79. “Safety is a continuing journey, not a final destination.” – Unknown
80. “When you gamble with safety, you bet with your life.” – Unknown
81. “You are the key to safety.” – Unknown
Which of these safety quotes resonated with you best?
If you’ve already got tired of hearing people say, “Better safe than sorry” when they’re telling you to be extra careful when you engage in something as important as driving, then you probably have not been in an accident yet and hurt yourself or others.
These safety quotes that reveal the grim consequences of reckless driving should make you think twice going forward.
Always make sure your car is road compliant and your driving skills and habits are focused on safety.
Make the right decisions every time you’re behind the wheel.
Remember, road safety is important because it’s equal to the preservation of life which we all deserve to have and to live no matter what.
Did we miss out on any other important safety quotes?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.