Killua Quotes From the Popular Anime/Manga Series
April 2, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These Killua quotes from the series include those about the Gon, friendship, killing, death, and life.
There are also some quotes from other characters from Hunter x Hunter like Gon.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A survey conducted by Statista in 2020 found that the most popular reason for watching anime among U.S. viewers was to “escape reality.”
This statistic could be used to explain why anime and its characters, such as Killua, are so beloved by fans.
Killua Zoldyck is one of the main characters in Hunter x Hunter, a popular anime and manga series.
He is the third child of Silva and Kikyo Zoldyck and the heir of the Zoldyck Family.
Killua is drawn like your typical anime character and has spiky silver hair, almost translucent skin, and blue eyes, which change color depending on his mood.
He runs away from home to become a Rookie Hunter.
Gon Freecss is his best friend and his traveling companion is his sister, Alluka Zoldyck, who shares her possessed body with a Dark Continent creature who they have named Nanika.
When Killua’s character was first introduced, his personality was like Gon’s: playful and mischievous.
Unlike Gon, who is very polite, Killua is often rude to strangers and older people.
He also has a sweet tooth and has spent a ridiculous amount of money on Chocolate Balls.
How does someone who sounds sweet and harmless become an assassin?
Keep reading through these Killua quotes to find out!
Don’t forget to also check out these Kakashi quotes from the popular manga character.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Killua Zoldyck quotes about Gon and friendship
According to Crunchyroll’s global anime report for 2020, Hunter x Hunter (the anime series that Killua is from) was one of the top 10 most popular anime series viewed on their platform.
This statistic shows that the audience for the article is likely familiar with Killua and may be interested in quotes from the series.
1. “If I ignore a friend I have the ability to help, wouldn’t I be betraying him?” — Killua
You will also enjoy our article on big brother quotes.
2. “Friends are supposed to help friends.” — Killua
You will also enjoy our article on sad anime quotes.
3. “Not killing people is really hard. Clean living is tough.” — Killua
4. “I’m not an assassin anymore! I’m a hunter!” — Killua
You will also enjoy our article on Leonard Cohen quotes.
5. “You don’t need to thank friends.” — Killua
You will also enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
6. “When I say it doesn’t hurt me, that means I can bear it.” — Killua
You will also enjoy our article on 50 stay safe quotes to keep you healthy and well.
7. “People only find me interesting because they can’t tell whether I’m serious or not.” — Killua
8. “Sorry, but what’s about to happen is just me blowing off some steam.” — Killua
9. “Who wants to have their life planned out for them?” — Killua
10. “I won’t let you off the hook this time. You’d better make it up to me, Gon.” — Killua
You might also like these Ken Kaneki quotes from the popular manga series.
Killua quotes about killing, death, and being an assassin
A study conducted by Pew Research Center found that 81% of Americans aged 18-29 years old watch anime.
This statistic could be used to show the popularity of anime, which would make the article about Killua quotes more relatable to the audience.
11. “I’m so tired of killing. I just want to be a kid. Hanging out, doing stuff with Gon. That’s it.” — Killua
12. “I want to become friends with Gon… I’m sick of killing people… I want to become friends with Gon, and to live a normal life.” — Killua
13. “Assassination — It’s the family trade. We all take it up. My folks see me as an exceptional prospect. But I don’t see that I should have to live up to their expectations.” — Killua
14. “Gon, let’s get in front. Yeah, and it’ll get us away from Hisoka. He’s killed and wants to kill again.” — Killua
15. “I must protect him because he’s my friend. He’s the best friend I’ve ever had. I don’t ever want to lose him!” — Killua
16. “Move, and you die. Use Nen, or utter one word, and you die. Now close your eyes… You see what happens when you break promises?” — Killua
17. “Risking your life and throwing away your life seem alike but are two totally different things. People who live at the brink of death never think of throwing their lives away.” — Killua
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Death Note quotes for those that love manga mysteries.
Short Killua quotes
A study by the American Psychological Association found that setting and achieving small goals can improve self-confidence and lead to greater success in achieving larger goals.
This statistic could support the quote “Strength comes from experience, not from winning” as it emphasizes the importance of learning from failure and building self-confidence through small successes.
18. “Nanika, will you forgive me for being a bad big brother?” — Killua
19. “The one who’s cursed is the one making wishes!” — Killua
20. “We didn’t do anything.. our enemies did.” — Killua
21. “It’s foolish to show your hand when the odds are against you. That’s my dad’s logic.” — Killua
22. “The stronger someone is, the better they are at hiding that strength.” — Killua
23. “You’re cool for having all these goals. I don’t have a plan… I don’t know what to do with my life.” — Killua
24. “There’s a list of things I don’t want to do. Like taking over the family business.” — Killua
25. “If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them angry.” — Gon Freecs
Which of these Killua quotes is your favorite?
Killua runs away from home because his home life is awful.
His family is all assassins, and he undergoes some intense “training.”
This leads to him developing a ruthless side, under his innocent exterior.
He has actually done some pretty horrible things like murdering another contestant while taking his hunter exam.
He doesn’t show remorse, and seemingly doesn’t even have a reason for doing so, as he failed the exam because of his actions.
Despite having done some downright evil and terrible things, Killua is also shown as kind and loyal to his friends.
Do you think the character is good or bad?
If you think he is bad, do you think he can be redeemed?
I mean he had lived through some crazy stuff, like when his family had Illumi implant a special needle in his head to use fear to change his character, as well as to prevent him from freeing Alluka from her playroom.
It is really no wonder that he is a bit off…
What are your thoughts on Killua?
Do you have any other favorite Killua quotes and sayings to add?
Use the comment section below to let us know!
cheeze hxh fan
November 9, 2022 at 7:34 PM
1st comment, my favorite is : “People only find me interesting because they can’t tell whether I’m serious or not.” — Killua
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
November 10, 2022 at 12:49 PM
That was a great one! Thanks for reading, and we are glad you enjoyed it!