Snow Quotes from Writers for Winter Lovers
February 27, 2023 6:26 AM EST
No matter where you’re at or what season you’re in, these snow quotes will come in handy when you want to reminisce about your winter adventures.
When Mother Nature decorates, she covers our world with the whitest snow.
It is a breathtakingly beautiful sight.
Tell us your favorite winter memory involving snow in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the average snowfall in the United States is about 26 inches per year.
For winter lovers, this means ample opportunities for snowball fights, building snowmen, and enjoying other outdoor winter activities.
What are the benefits of reading these snow quotes?
For those who love winter and the magnificent snow that comes with it, here are 50 snow quotes to keep so you can remind yourself how romantic and fun your favorite season can be.
At least, when spring and summer take over and scrape off the remnants of winter, you have the memories of:
- snow flurries
- snow angels
- snowflakes and icicles
- building a snowman
This collection of snow quotes aptly describes the snow from poets and authors who look at winter the same way you do – behind different-colored lenses.
These snow quotes will help you appreciate winter and give you a new perspective on a season that some people find a little gloomy.
We also have a collection of winter quotes to get you through the coldest yet most magical season of the year.
Be sure to check that out as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Snow quotes for winter lovers
Snowsports Industries America (SIA) reported that the snow sports market generates over $20 billion in consumer spending annually.
This shows that many people enjoy participating in winter sports, such as skiing and snowboarding, and are willing to invest in the necessary equipment.
1. “A light snow touches her cheek like an angel’s butterfly kisses.” – Imran Shaikh
You will also enjoy our article on Winter Solstice quotes.
2. “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity” – Novala Takemoto
You will also enjoy our article on November quotes.
3. “I remember being excited about seeing snow for the very first time.” – Thi Bui
You will also enjoy our article on ice quotes.
4. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”- Markus Zusak
You will also enjoy our article on rainy day quotes.
5. “Are ye the ghosts of fallen leaves, O flakes of snow, for which, through naked trees, the winds A-mourning go?” – John Banister Tabb
You will also enjoy our article on John Muir quotes.
6. “A wet autumn morning, a garbage truck clattering down the street. The first snowfall of the season, blossom sized flakes falling languidly and melting on the ground, a premature snow fall delicate as lace, rapidly melting.” – Joyce Carol Oates
7. “At the darkest time of year, Lord Yule laid down his beard of snow and cloak of frost and ice to illuminate the gloom.” – Stewart Stafford
8. “Even if you took it as cascading snowy mountains, it was not a cool snow-white. The cold of the snow and its warm colour made a kind of music.” – Yasunari Kawabata
9. “For winter was coming. The days were shorter, and frost crawled up the window panes at night. Soon the snow would come. Then the log house would be almost buried in snowdrifts, and the lake and the stream would freeze.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
10. “When snow falls, nature listens.” – Antoinette van Kleef
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Merry Christmas quotes that help us celebrate the holiday.
You will also enjoy our article on happy holidays quotes.
Snow quotes to reminisce about your winter adventures
A study by the University of Michigan found that people who spend time in nature, including during winter, experience improved mood and cognitive function.
This suggests that taking a winter hike or simply enjoying a snowy view can have positive effects on mental health.
11. “I love you because no two snowflakes are alike, and it is possible, if you stand tippy-toe, to walk between the raindrops.” – Nikki Giovanni
12. “The hard soil and four months of snow make the inhabitants of the northern temperate zone wiser and abler than his fellow who enjoys the fixed smile of the tropics. ” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” – Lewis Carroll
14. “In the winter, the snow had become glittery fairy dust that had given all the creatures of the meadow warm clothes and a fire to help them endure the winter.” – Carla Reighard
15. “It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.” – Dylan Thomas
16. “It takes a snowflake two hours to fall from cloud to earth. Can’t you just see its slow, peaceful decent?” – Amy Krouse Rosenthal
17. “Snow is a white candle emitting warm beauties around it!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “It was the kind of snow that brought children running out their doors, made them turn their faces skyward, and spin in circles with their arms outstretched.”- Eowyn Ivey
19. “Lights from across the bay twinkled in the night and Christmas carols played softly in the background. She wished for snow to fall to add to the season.” – Sharon Brubaker
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny Christmas quotes about the power of humor during the holiday.
20. “My breath came out in a fog and rose into the milky sky. Snow fell on my eyelashes, and all of Brooklyn turned white, a world in a globe. Every snowflake that I caught was a miracle unlike any other.” – Alice Hoffman
Also, check out these insightful January quotes about winter and snow.
Snow quotes that will warm your heart
21. “One winter morning Peter woke up and looked out the window. Snow had fallen during the night. It covered everything as far as he could see.” – Ezra Jack Keats
22. “Outside, the sky was clear, stars gleaming in its ebony vastness like celestial fireflies. It was bitterly cold, and Hywel’s every breath trailed after him in pale puffs of smoke. The glazed snow crackled underfoot as he started towards the great hall.” – Sharon Kay Penman
23. “Snow always makes me think of ice-cream. Glaciers look like where it’s dribbled.” – Jane Wilson-Howarth
24. “There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” – Carol Rifka Brunt
25. “Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people’s legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world.” – Sarah Addison Allen
26. “Snow is covering us. Close your eyes and sleep. Close your eyes and dream. This is one story. There will be another.” – Jeanette Winterson
27. “Snow is the truth only when it’s snowing.” – Marty Rubin
While falling it hides your passage
When finished it documents your path”― Richard L. Ratliff
29. “Snow. As ever the silent snow. It hems you in, lifts your spirit, and as you soar awhile it lets you down for being the meaningless ashen powder that it is.” – André Aciman
30. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” – Vesta M. Kelly
You will also enjoy our article on relatable quotes.
Snow quotes that will rejuvenate your personal perspective
31. “Snowflakes are pretty patterns etched in water’s dreams.”- Anthony T. Hincks
32. “Some people spend their entire lives seeing the snow without ever seeing the magic in the existence of one snowflake.” – Emily Littlejohn
33. “Sometimes I would like to be a child again, and other times a woman made of snow.” – Deirdre Sullivan
34. “Snow is both sides of the same page. It covers the grave and the tulip.”― Richard L. Ratliff
35. “Is there anything whiter than winter snow?”― Laiah Gifty Akita
36. “The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with disappointment to the ground” – Jamie McGuire
37. “The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches.” – E.E. Cummings
38. “The snow falls soft and unfathomable, drawing the world down to a whitened hush, forcing us (as few things do) to pause long enough to take stock of everything that we miss in our crazed pursuit to gain everything that we can.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
39. “The snow fell as softly as a poet’s tears.” – Kevin Ansbro
40. “Waking up to a blanket of snow is like a morning lullaby, a soft dreamlike state that is almost magical.”― Nancy Hatch Woodward
You might also like these autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
Snow quotes to inspire your sense of wonder
41. “The snow was coming down so hard. It looked like the flakes were hurrying to get out of the sky so the next ones would have room to fall.” – Bill McKibben
42. “The snow was too light to stay, the ground too warm to keep it. And the strange spring snow fell only in that golden moment of dawn, the turning of the page between night and day.” – Shannon Hale
43. “The wastes of snow on the hill were ghostly in the moonlight. The stars were piercingly bright.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
44. “The wind crooned softly as it dusted the snow against the windows, wrapping them in a thick and fluffy cotton blanket.” – Soheir Khashoggi
45. “There were ghosts in the wind, whispers from the snow or the invisible meltwater flowing beneath.” – Rich Shapero
46. “This is my first snow at Smith. It is like any other snow, but from a different window, and there lies the singular charm of it.” – Sylvia Plath
47. “Women differ like snowflakes.” – Lara Biyuts
48. “You should see my corgis at sunset in the snow. It’s their finest hour. About five o’clock they glow like copper. Then they come in and lie in front of the fire like a string of sausages.” – Tasha Tudor
49. “The snow did not even whisper its way to earth, but seemed to salt the night with silence.” – Dean Koontz
50. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on green quotes.
More snow quotes and sayings
51. “A great snow is the calm death of struggle and the transformative birth of life.”― Adrienne Posey
52. “Snow is like rain in slow motion, swirling around the sky in soft white flakes til it gently kisses the ground. And today I’m going to go outside and get smacked in the face by millions of little kisses.” – Rhonda Savage Thompson
53. “Snow is falling outside and all is peaceful and still. In such moments it is possible to believe that the world could still be good.” – Richard Paul Evans
54. “The sound we hear when it snows is the soft song of the white beauty!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
55. “The flakes are the size of tiny feathers, and that’s the way snow is, it’s not necessarily cold.” – Peter Høeg
56. “Will had loved the snow, the cleanness of it, the quiet, the sense of peace it brought, had loved it even though winter meant hard chores.” – Sandra Dallas
57. “Love is life’s snow. It falls deepest and softest into the gashes left by the fight – whiter and purer than snow itself.” – Fridtjof Nansen
58. “I think a lot of snowflakes are alike…and I think a lot of people are alike too.” – Bret Easton Ellis
59. “It was as if he were in a place that the whole world had forgotten; as if it were snowing at the end of the world.” – Orhan Pamuk
60. “Wind blew snow crystals back and forth between the graves. The ancient pines creaked overhead.” – Mike Bond
61. “The snow may kiss the ground, yet those memories flower inside as the mellow blooms in a frosted heart….”― Jayita Bhattacharjee
62. “Advice is like the snow. The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon and the deeper it sinks into the mind.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
63. “Even in winter an isolated patch of snow has a special quality.” – Andy Goldsworthy
64. “Getting only an inch of snow is like winning a nickel in a poker game.” – George Moon
65. “I love snow, snow, and all the forms of radiant frost.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of fog quotes for when life seems a little bleak.
Snow quotes to brighten up a winter day
66. “The first snow is like the first love.” — Lara Biyuts
67. “The very fact of snow is such an amazement.” — Roger Ebert
68. “Kindness is like snow – it beautifies everything it covers.” – Kahlil Gibran
69. “Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” — Sara Raasch
70. “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.” — Sara Coleridge
71. “A snow day literally and figuratively falls from the sky – unbidden – and seems like a thing of wonder.” – Susan Orlean
72. “Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood.” — Andy Goldsworthy
73. “Be like snow – cold, but beautiful.” – Lana Del Rey
74. “The first fall of snow is not only an event but it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up to find yourself in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment, where is it to be found?” — J. B. Priestley
75. “Beneath the falling snow in silence is the sudden awakening and the river wakes into itself again…..”― Jayita Bhattacharjee
More snow quotes and sayings
76. “Despite all I have seen and experienced, I still get the same simple thrill out of glimpsing a tiny patch of snow.” – Edmund Hillary
77. “The snow is sparkling like a million little suns.” — Lama Willa
78. “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.” — Anamika Mishra
79. “With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven.” — P. Miller
80. “A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” — Carl Reiner
81. “Corruption is like a ball of snow, once it’s set a rolling it must increase.” — Charles Caleb Colton
82. “Hold fast to dreams For when dreams go Life is a barren field Frozen with snow.” — Langston Hughes
83. “The snow was endless, a heavy blanket on the outdoors; it had a way about it. A beauty.” — Cambria Hebert
84. “The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.”– Margaret Atwood
85. “Let every man shovel out his own snow, and the whole city will be passable.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Snow quotes from Goodreads and literary works
86. “With luck, it might even snow for us.” ― Haruki Murakami, After Dark
87. “The hollowness was in his arms and the world was snowing.” ― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
88. “All Heaven and Earth…Flowered white obliterate…Snow…unceasing snow” ― Hashin, Japanese Haiku
89. “Anne came dancing home in the purple winter twilight across the snowy places.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
90. “Snow in April is abominable,” said Anne. “Like a slap in the face when you expected a kiss.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Ingleside
91. “Well, I know now. I know a little more how much a simple thing like a snowfall can mean to a person” ― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
92. “Snow was falling, so much like stars filling the dark trees that one could easily imagine its reason for being was nothing more than prettiness.” ― Mary Oliver
93. “Whenever she turned her steep focus to me, I felt the warmth that flowers must feel when they bloom through the snow, under the first concentrated rays of the sun.” ― Janet Fitch, White Oleander
94. “Outside, snow solidified itself into graceful forms. The peace of winter stars seemed permanent.” – Toni Morrison
95. “Is it snowing where you are? All the world that I see from my tower is draped in white and the flakes are coming down as big as pop-corns. It’s late afternoon – the sun is just setting (a cold yellow color) behind some colder violet hills, and I am up in my window seat using the last light to write to you.” ― Jean Webster, Daddy-Long-Legs
Snow Quotes About The Amazing Breeze
96. “Sunshine cannot bleach the snow, Nor time unmake what poets know.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
97. “Snowing is an attempt of God to make the dirty world look clean.”― Mehmet Murat ildan
98. “I think snow is so evocative and has such a powerful atmosphere.” ― Kate Bush
99. “Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.” ― Confucius
100. “Surfing waves of water or clouds of powder snow is the best feeling on earth.” ― Hannah Teter
101. “Snow was the most beautiful thing Amitola had ever seen. It fell so gracefully and drizzled her skin like a cold whisper.” ― Aishabella Sheikh
102. “Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough.” ― Earl Wilson
103. “Snow brings a special quality with it—the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks.” ― Nancy Hatch Woodward
104. “Snow is a magical blanket, it hides what’s ugly and makes everything beautiful. ” ― Wilhelmina Slater
105. “So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!” ― J. R. R. Tolkien
Snow quotes for Instagram
106. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.”― Vesta M. Kelly
107. “She says his eyes address her like the silence of the snow.”― Ronald H Peat
108. “Close your eyes. Hear the silent snow. Listen to your soul speak.” ― A.D. Posey
109. “On a cold winter day even the snow needs the touch of the sun!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
110. “Snow is not a wolf in sheep’s clothing – it is a tiger in lamb’s clothing.”― Matthias Zdarsky
111. “Rain is disagreeable, but snow is as much part of the mountain as are sunshine and clear skies.”― Gaston Rébuffat
112. “The two things, love and snow, that make the world look fresh again”― Charles Finch
113. “Every snowflake is unique, yet they are each perfect.”― Donald L. Hicks
114. “There is something hot in snow: Its pure and clean look!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
115. “Snow makes a soft bed, but no man wakes from it. That was the wisdom of the North.”― Mark Lawrence
Snow Quotes To Keep Warm
116. “Snow makes me feel excited, and if it were up to me, I would have fresh snow falling every day in the winter.” ― John Sweeney
117. “I enjoy it when it snows. I feel peaceful and safe.” ― Dennis Korte
118. “It is particularly beautiful When it’s snowing outside or When there is a lot of snow and the Sun pouring in on these flowers.” ― Peter Clegg
119. “Do summer friends melt away like summer snows, but winter friends last forever, as an old saying goes.” ― Bernd Brunner
120. “This scene, the brightness of the snow on the trees outside and the glow of warmth on the faces inside was one I shall never forget.” ― Belva Boroditsky Thomas
121. “The morning light on the snow still covering most of the meadow was bright to his sleepfilled eyes.” ― Ray Mootrey
122. “I love snow because every snowflake is unique and so am I!” ― Tracey Moore
123. “Snow beautifies everything it covers just like kindness does.” ― Gloria D. Gonsalves
124. “It’s that time of year — the time when it’s snowing outside, and people like to curl up with a good book in front of their fireplaces for the winter.” ― Keith Mulbery
125. “The snowflakes are falling with the blessings of God quietly. The green, yellow, brown earth is soaking to terminate its thirst.” ― Joseph Sener
Snow Quotes About the Beautiful Fall
126. “Oh, the weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful and since we’ve no place to go. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.” — Sammy Cahn
127. “If snow melts down to water, does it still remember being snow?” — Jennifer McMahon
128. “We build statues out of snow, and weep to see them melt.” — Walter Scott
129. “God gives to the silent snow a voice, and clothes its innocence and weakness with a power like His own.” — Caroline Lucretia Herschel
130. “The larger a man’s roof, the more snow it collects.” — Persian
131. “When you live in Texas, every single time you see snow it’s magical.” — Pamela Ribon
132. “It snowed and snowed, the whole world over, Snow swept the world from end to end. A candle burned on the table; A candle burned.” — Boris Pasternak
133. “For the listener, who listens in the snow. And nothing himself, beholds Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is.” — Wallace Stevens
134. “In any man who dies there dies with him his first snow and kiss and fight… Not people die but worlds die in them.” — Yevgeny Yevtushenko
135. “I like the cold weather. It means you get work done.” — Noam Chomsky
Snow Quotes About the Season of Frost
136. “From my experience, not one in twenty marries the first love; we build statues of snow and weep to see them melt.” ― Walter Scott
137. “When it snows in your nose, you catch cold in your brain.” ― Allen Ginsberg
138. “I am younger each year at the first snow.” ― Anne Sexton
139. “I grew up on the edge of a national park in Canada – timberwolves, creeks, snow drifts.” ― Dan Aykroyd
140. “The snow is falling on the deserted field of my life, and my hopes, which roam far, are afraid of becoming frozen or lost.” ― Federico Garcia Lorca
141. “We are nearer neighbours to ourselves than whiteness to snow, or weight to stones.” ― Michel de Montaigne
142. “Stop rolling down hill like a snow ball headed for hell.” ― Merle Haggard
143. “Snow. White, white, white, soft and clean, and maddening shapes, with the whole world in them.” ― Alfred Stieglitz
144. “Although I love snow, it messes things up terribly around Seattle, with all of our hills. I worry about my loved ones driving.” ― Deb Caletti
145. “Snow and reflections were beautiful but transient effects and other difficulties were beyond me.” ― J. E. H. MacDonald
Which of these snow quotes reminded you of the beauty in nature
These snow quotes can come in handy when you want to reminisce about your winter adventures regardless of where you’re at or what season you’re in.
Do you still remember what you wore or who you were with when you experienced your first or most memorable snowfall?
Snow fights, snow angels, snowmen, or walking in the snow in your pajamas with a hot cup of cocoa to warm you up on Christmas day likely helped make you a snow lover.
Keep these quotes about snow as part of your winter holiday tradition by reading them with your loved ones while you all sit comfortably by the fireplace.
Then exchange stories of your own winter adventures over hot chocolate and delicious warm pastries.
Did we miss any of your favorite snow quotes and sayings in this collection?
Let us know in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it, and if you enjoyed this article, please share it on social media.