We hope you find some of your new favorite Africa quotes as you read through this article, please leave a comment at the end, we would love to know what you think.
Africa: The birthplace of humankind.
There are many misconceptions about the motherland.
Miseducation, propaganda and colonialism have led to many inaccurate perceptions of Africa and the people of its land.
As a person who lived several years in Africa, I can tell you from first hand experience that much of which is portrayed regarding Africa is often untrue.
Africa is a beautiful place rich in physical and cultural resources.
Hopefully, the 60 quotes below will provide inspiration, clarification and insight on the continent of Africa and the phenomenal culture and ideas that it has produced.
The wonder of Africa quotes
1. “If we deal with what we know to be historical, anthropological and scientific truths, that Africans were the first human beings on this planet, that Africans developed the first documented cultures and civilizations of this planet, we will find in the Nile Valley everything that constitutes greatness within the people.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
2. “I am in love with Mother Africa as a premise, and I encourage people of African descent to embrace their African heritage, notwithstanding all of its issues, to understand their connection. So culturally I think it’s critical to claim who we are. What happens to a child who doesn’t know its mother? And the richness here of that history.” -Donald Temple
3. “Africa was not a primitive place at all, the people there were very advanced.”-Runoku Rashidi
4. “If you want to convince a group of people that everything about them is negative, what you have to do is tell them that where they are from is a negative place. This is what they have done to black people. They say to black people, you are negative, you are bad because Africa is negative and Africa is bad, so the images that we have of Africa are the underbelly, we always see the propaganda, the warfare, but we never see the other side.”-Tariq Nasheed
5. “What we call the African and the communities that person lived in, is where the concept of religion comes from.” -KRS ONE
6. “There is more jungle in Europe and Asia than there is in Africa.” -Dr. Umar Johnson
7. “Without a doubt Africa has its wetland and its greenery, some of the most beautiful animal and animal kingdoms in the world. But most of Africa is not jungle, there is more jungle in the other continents.” -Dr. Umar Johnson
8. “The Dogon are a group of Africans from the west coast, who had in fact been able to achieve a degree of astrological superiority and dominance that we really don’t see a contemporary group or precedent for, other than what was achieved in the Nile Valley civilization.” -Dr. Umar Johnson
9. “If you want to win, cast aside your white god, embrace your African spirit, you are free.” -Dutty Boukman
10. “In the Nile Valley we will find records of the first examples of architecture, we find examples of human beings such as Imhotep who stands foremost in the annals of geniuses, as the world’s first multi genius, the first multi disciplinarian still standing in Africa today, still standing in the Nile Valley today.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
Africa Quotes on culture
11. “Many times when people speak of Africa, they exclude Egypt. I think, and many of my colleagues think, that excluding Egypt from Africa would be like taking Greece and Rome out of Europe, it would be just a huge void.” -Runoku Rashidi
12. “Judaism, Christianity and Islam are merely fragments from the periphery of the African spirtual system that you call Voodoo.” -Professor James Small
13. “I can take on any theologian that you got, bring them down and I can show them. Give me your 12 tribes, give me your 12 disciples, give me your 99 pearls of faith in Islam, and I will show you that those are nothing but sets of qualities and attrriubutes, and I can juxtapose them in a perpendiclar line besides the Orishas of the Yuruba, the Loas of the Voodoo, beside the Neters of Egypt and show you we are tslking about the same system.”-Professor James Small
14. “Everytime you see something great on the African continent, they attribute it to somebody else.” -Ashra Kwesi
15. “When they attacked Africa they did not attack Africa physically, they did not attack Africa educationally, they attacked them spiritually.” -Dr. Kaba Hiawatha Kamene
16. “Jomo Kenyatta said when the Europeans first came to Africa, the white man had the bible and the black man had the land. The white man asked the African to close their eyes and pray. When they opened their eyes the white men had the land and the black man had the bible.” -Dr. Kaba Hiawatha Kamene
17. “It’s one straight line that is related to African history, African mythology, African culture, African symbolism, that connects African people with African American people.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
18. “When we can reposition these fragmented pieces in a coherent manner they become the solution to the problems that plague not just African people in America but African people all over the world.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
19. “Africans brought their cargo of knowledge into Europe, helped to influence and start civilization there, and Europeans began to travel to the source of that knowledge to get more knowledge for themselves.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
20. “Philosophy is a Kemetic word that really speaks to the knowledge of the soul.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
History of Africa quotes and more
21. “People think that Africa and Asia were all jungle, the jungle came after years of invasion of European colonialism, jungles came in because nobody was manning the land anymore.” -KRS ONE
22. “There is no evidence of cannibalism in Africa.”-Dr. Kaba Hiawatha Kamene
23. “In 1986 I created the ‘Egypt on the Potomac’ field trip, which I identify here in Washington DC, architectural symbols that are directly related to Kemet, ancient Egypt.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
24. “ It is clear to anybody with eyes to see, that the most prominent African symbol in America is the so-called Washington Monument.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
25. “This shows that the African/Asian connection is still there, they still carry on some of the African cultures and traditions in certain parts of Asia.” -Tareeq Nasheed
26. “African people have been coming to the Americas for thousands of years before the Europeans, this is why many Europeans knew how to get over to the Americas, based on maps that African people left for centuries.” -Tareeq Nasheed
27. “The earliest examples of castle building are found in an area that is now known as Nubia. If you were to go to the Nubian museum, in Aswan, Egypt, you will find a model of a castle, with a moat, draw bridge, fortifications, all of the architectural elements we would associate with castles of any part of Europe, existed in Africa as late as 1800 BC, before there was civilization in Europe.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
28. “We have to remember that not all of our ancestors were enslaved. Though every African who was brought to America was brought as a slave, roughly 10% of them were freed by the start of the civil war.” -Dr. Henry Louis Gates
29. “If you look at images of King Kamehameha, who is considered by many to be the founder of Hawaii, he was clearly Africanoid.” -Runoku Rashidi
More of Africa quotes
30. “We have architectural symbols right here in the nation’s capital that mirror that African connection.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
31. “So it tells me that it’s a signature of our ancestors. That they are here, and if we understand that they are here, and if we align ourselves spiritually and mentally with their presence, we become the vessels in which they can work through. By them working through us, guiding us, and protecting us, it lays the foundation for us to rebuild Africa right here in the United States of America.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
32. “Africa must revert to what it was before the imperialists divided it. These are artificial divisions which we, in our pan-African concept, will seek to remove.” -Robert Mugabe
33. “How can Africa be so poor and yet materially be so rich? -Dr. Umar Johnson
34. “The answer lies in the structural adjustment program, the SAP that are imposed on African nations by the International Monetary Fund of Washington, DC, the World Bank of Washington, DC and the USAID, these three organizations come into Africa, loan money, and then charge an interest rate on that money that they know the African nations can never pay back, thus reenslaving the entire nation and the entire continent.”-Dr. Umar Johnson
35. “Africans have always interacted with each other all over Africa. Africans have always moved all over Africa.” -Tareeq Nasheed
36. “They created something called the ‘Subsaharan African’ meaning that the Africans below the Sahara desert were somehow disconnected from the Africans in the north. -Tareeq Nasheed
37. “In an attempt for western powers and European historians to distance Africa from Egypt, they try to pretend that Egypt and the rest of Africa is totally different.” -Tareeq Nasheed
38. “Even the Sahara desert, it was not always a desert, number 1. Number 2, the Nile River goes from north Africa right into southern Africa, so if they wanted to go back and forth from north Africa to southern Africa they could just take the Nile river.” -Tareeq Nasheed
39. “All of the major universities in Europe, where the physicians, and scientists and the teachers were all studying were in Spain and Portugal, run by Africans that the west called Moors.” -Professor James Small
More truths about Africa quotes
40. “And the reason why the west keeps emphasizing them as Moors, they don’t want you to see these are the same Africans that we got enslaved, that have given us the wealth of knowledge that has allowed us to enslave you.” -Professor James Small
41. “Only when the enslavement of Africans started to produce wealth for Europe did this notion of color racism become a reality, most of the great saints of Europe are black, almost every church in Europe has a black Madonna and child.” -Professor James Small
42. “Ausar was an African who was resurrected, and the symbol of his resurrection is the tekken. So the tekken is the oldest symbol of resurrection known to mankind, it is the symbol that represents the resurrection of an African man. And inside the so-called Washington Monument is the symbol, above the elevator and plaque of George Washington that makes that direct cultural reference.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
43. “So if you understand African symbols and the mythology associated with those African symbols you can go anywhere in the world and reclaim your history and culture.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
44. “I have found the physical evidence to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the men who established the United States of America were literally attempting to recreate Egypt here on the Potomac River.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
45. “The latest African symbol in DC is the exterior of the National Museum of African American History and Culture.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
46. “What they do, the western media, they will take footage of a war torn area, they will even get old footage and show war torn areas of Africa. They did that with the KONY 2012 propaganda not too long ago. And they will try to pretend that this is what all of Africa looks like.” -Tareeq Nasheed
47. “Every black person, please remember that you were Africans before you became anything else.” -Burna Boy
48. “I shall continue to insist that our sovereign countries work to achieve the United States of Africa.” -Muamar el Gadafi
49. “We have been socialized to believe that monument honors George Washington, first president of the United States but that monument is not an obelisk, obelisk is a Greek word, that monument is a tekken. A tekken is an African word that identifies the resurrection of Ausar, who was Ausar? Ausar was a founding father, the first president of Kemet if you will.” -Dr. Anthony Browder
50. “Another myth about Africa is that it is very violent, but in reality out of the top ten countries around the world with the lowest violent crime rates, 6 of those 10 are in Africa like Senegal, Mali, and Cameroon.” -Tareeq Nasheed
Africa Quotes To Inspire Travel
51. “Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same.” — Brian Jackman
52. “Africa has her mysteries, and even a wise man cannot understand them. But a wise man respects them.” — Miriam Makeba
53. When you are in Africa, you feel primordial, rocked in the cradle of the world.” –—Jodi Picoult
54. “If I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa.” — John Hemingway
55. “It’s really beautiful. It feels like God visits everywhere else but lives in Africa.” — Will Smith
56. Everything in Africa bites, but the safari bug is worst of all.” — Brian Jackman
57. “For as long as I can remember, I have been passionately intrigued by ‘Africa,’ by the word itself, by its flora and fauna, its topographical diversity and grandeur; but above all else, by the sheer variety of the colors of its people, from tan and sepia to jet and ebony.” — Henry Louis Gates
58. “There is always something new out of Africa.” — Pliny the Elder
59. “I hope you have an experience that alters the course of your life because, after Africa, nothing has ever been the same” — Suzanne Evans
60. “The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.” — Richard Mullin
Africa Quotes About The Beautiful Nature
61. “Africa must find it’s deep root in Agriculture.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
62. “Africa will always be the Africa of the Victorian atlas, the blank unexplored continent the shape of the human heart.” ― Graham Greene
63. “Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.” ― W. C. Fields
64. “Africa’s transformation lies in innovation, creativity, emerging technologies and entrepreneurship.” ― Nicky Verd
65. “The desert reveals its secrets; the great mystery of interior Africa is revealed day by day.” ― Emile Banning
66. “If the land is cultivated, Africa should not lack food.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
67. “You can’t hate the roots of a tree and not hate the tree. You can’t hate Africa and not hate yourself.” ― Malcolm X
68. “The future of Africa lies in the consistent investment of its leaders in STEM.” ― Dr. Yaw Ansong Jnr
69. “Fashion in Africa has always been Sustainable for decades. We just didn’t use the catchy buzzwords.” ― Belinda Smetana
70. Why is it you can never hope to describe the emotion Africa creates? You are lifted. Out of whatever pit, unbound from whatever tie, released from whatever fear. You are lifted and you see it all from above.” ― Francesca Marcian
So much wisdom and knowledge have come out of the continent of Africa.
Like the rest of planet earth, Africa continues to transform.
As humanity continues to grow hopefully we can see a world in a new vision.
A vision where we remember the achievements of our ancestors and we set new standards for what it means to dream together.
September 15, 2022 6:00 AM EST