Use these Madonna quotes to inspire you to love yourself and go for your dreams.
Madonna has been the queen of pop since the 1980s, and its doubtful that anyone will be stealing her crown anytime soon.
Unapologetically herself, Madonna holds the Guinness World Record for most records sold by a female artist with more than 300 million records sold worldwide (Elvis holds the record best-selling artist of all time).
This makes Madonna one of the most successful women in entertainment of all time.
The following Madonna quotes share her insight on art, fame, and family.
These quotes also share Madonna’s wise thoughts on being a strong individual and how to love yourself for who you are.
Also check out these motivational Whitney Houston quotes to give you strength.
Strong Madonna quotes
1. “Power is being told you’re not loved and not being destroyed by it.” — Madonna
2. “I think the ultimate challenge is to have some kind of style and grace, even though you haven’t got money, or standing in society, or formal education. I had a very middle, lower-middle class sort of upbringing, but I identify with people who’ve had, at some point in their lives to struggle to survive. It adds another color to your character.” – Madonna
3. “Better to live one year as a tiger than a hundred years as a sheep.” — Madonna
4. “I think you can be defiant and rebellious and still be strong and positive.” – Madonna
5. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of bad bitch quotes to whip your self-confidence back into shape.
6. “My father was very strong. I don’t agree with a lot of the ways he brought me up. I don’t agree with a lot of his values, but he did have a lot of integrity, and if he told us not to do something, he didn’t do it either.” – Madonna
7. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give. That takes courage, because we don’t want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.” – Madonna
8. “I have the same goal I’ve had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world.” – Madonna
9. “Power without guilt, love without doubt.” — Madonna
10. “We learn our lessons; we get hurt; we want revenge. Then we realize that actually, happiness and forgiving people is the best revenge.” — Madonna
11. “I’ve never really lived a conventional life, so I think it’s quite foolish for me or anyone else to start thinking that I am going to start making conventional choices.” – Madonna
Madonna quotes about art
12. “If I can’t be daring in my work or the way I live my life, then I don’t really see the point of being on this planet.” Madonna
13. “One of the things that helps me tell a story through music is to create a character. I have to have a muse, whether it’s Frida Kahlo, Martha Graham, Marlene Dietrich, or Pippi Longstocking.” Madonna
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Frida Kahlo quotes from the iconic painter.
14. “I’m not going to compromise my artistic integrity.” – Madonna
15. “To me, the whole process of being a brush stroke in someone else’s painting is a little difficult” – Madonna
16. “I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.” — Madonna
17. “I feel just as hungry today as I did the day I left home.” – Madonna
18. “I went to New York. I had a dream. I wanted to be a big star. I didn’t know anybody. I wanted to dance. I wanted to sing. I wanted to do all those things. I wanted to make people happy. I wanted to be famous. I wanted everybody to love me. I wanted to be a star. I worked really hard and my dream came true.” – Madonna
19. “I’d like to think I am taking people on a journey; I am not just entertaining people but giving them something to think about when they leave.” – Madonna
Also read these whimsy Lewis Carroll quotes that will inspire you to run away with your imagination.
Madonna quotes about fame
20. “Fame is a by-product. Fame is something that should happen because you do work that speaks to people and people want to know about your work. Unfortunately, the personality of people has taken over from the work and the artistry and it’s this thing now that stands on its own. I don’t think one should ever aspire to being famous.” – Madonna
21. “Fame is a form of misunderstanding.” — Madonna
22. “The worst thing about being famous? I think it’s what everybody says…the lack of privacy and the idea that you’re not really allowed to make mistakes and everything that you do is viewed under a microscope.” – Madonna
23. “People think they will wake up one day and I’ll be gone. But I’m never going away.” – Madonna
24. “If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you’re always going to be disappointed.” — Madonna
You might also like these Justin Bieber quotes and lyrics from the former childhood star.
Madonna quotes about family
25. “Ever since my daughter was born, I feel the fleetingness of time. And I don’t want to waste it on getting the perfect lip color.” – Madonna
26. “I’m not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me drugs.” – Madonna
27. “The last thing I want is to raise a brat. We could definitely go down the wrong road. I don’t want Lola to have everything she wants. I want her to appreciate things, and not to be presumptuous. I want her to have manners and social graces.” – Madonna
28. “It’s not easy having a good marriage – but I don’t want easy. Easy doesn’t make you grow. Easy doesn’t make you think. I thank God every day that I am married to a man who makes me think. That’s my definition of true love.” — Madonna
29. “There’s no such thing as the perfect soul mate. If you meet someone and you think they’re perfect, you better run as fast as you can in the other direction. ‘Cos your soulmate is the person that pushes all your buttons, pisses you off on a regular basis, and makes you face your shit.” – Madonna
30. “My having a child is not for public consumption. It’s not a career move. It’s not a performance to be judged or rated. Nor is my role as a mother.” – Madonna
31. “My priority is my family, absolutely, 100 percent.” – Madonna
32. “On the one hand, the idea of marriage and the sort of traditional family life repulses me. But on the other hand, I long for it, you know what I mean? I’m constantly in conflict with things. And it is because of my past and my upbringing and the journey that I’ve been on.” — Madonna
33. “If you have children, you know you’re responsible for somebody. You realize you are being imitated; your belief systems and priorities have a direct influence on these children, who are like flowers in a garden.” — Madonna
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational Ed Sheeran quotes that will put a smile on your face and make your day better.
Madonna quotes about self-love
34. “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” – Madonna
35. “Everyone probably thinks that I’m a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I’d rather read a book.” – Madonna
36. “I am rich and famous. I have a talented and gorgeous husband and two beautiful children. I could go on.” – Madonna
37. “Sometimes I look back at myself and remember things I used to say, or my hairstyle, and I cringe.” – Madonna
38. “If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna.” – Madonna
39. “There are moments when I can’t believe I’m as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don’t think, Oh God, I’m missing something.” – Madonna
40. “Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.” – Madonna
41. “When I’m hungry, I eat. When I’m thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.” – Madonna
42. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” — Madonna
43. “It’s not my nature to just kick back.” – Madonna
44. “Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, have a sense of humor, don’t judge people by their religion, color or habits, love life and your family.” — Madonna
45. “I am because we are. We all bleed the same color. We all want to love and be loved.” – Madonna
46. “I laugh at myself. I don’t take myself completely seriously. I think that’s another quality that people have to hold on to… you have to laugh, especially at yourself.” – Madonna
47. “I wouldn’t have turned out the way I was if I didn’t have all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.” – Madonna
48. “Only when I’m dancing can I feel this free.” – Madonna
49. “I’ve been popular and unpopular successful and unsuccessful loved and loathed and I know how meaningless it all is. Therefore, I feel free to take whatever risks I want.” – Madonna
Also check out these Leonardo DiCaprio quotes that will make you wish you could shake his hand.
Motivational Madonna quotes
50. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” – Madonna
51. “Never forget to dream.” – Madonna
53. “Children always understand. They have open minds. They have built-in shit detectors.” – Madonna
54. “I’m not a feminist, I’m a humanist.” – Madonna
55. “I think my biggest flaw is my insecurity. I’m terribly insecure. I’m plagued with insecurities 24/7.” – Madonna
56. “I would like to see the Pope wearing my T-shirt.” – Madonna
57. “In the blink of an eye everything can change! Why waste time?” — Madonna
58. “We all fall to the floor at some point. It’s how you pick yourself up that’s the real challenge. Isn’t it?” — Madonna
59. “I’m always looking for something new: a new inspiration, a new philosophy, a new way to look at something, new talent.” — Madonna
60. “I always thought I should be treated like a star.” – Madonna
You might also like these soulful Nina Simone quotes to put you under her spell
Which of these Madonna quotes resonates with you the most?
Madonna is known for pushing the boundaries in entertainment.
Her rebellious lyrics and MTV music videos reached mainstream popularity because she was going places that no one else dared to go.
Throughout her life, Madonna has been unapologetically unconventional and one-hundred-percent true to herself.
By beating to her own drum, Madonna was able to create art content that was unlike anyone else’s.
If you have big dreams, remember these Madonna quotes and know that success starts with self-love.
If you know who you are and don’t let anyone stray you from your dreams, you will achieve your goals.
Did these Madonna quotes and lyrics inspire you to love who you are?
Do you have a favorite quote from Madonna?
Let us know in the comments below.
April 6, 2020 7:15 AM EST