From one of the longest running shows in pop culture, these Supernatural quotes highlight every side of the 14-season show, exploring each character’s arc as they navigate this strange fantasy world.
Supernatural follows the story of two brothers, Dean and Sam Winchester, who were trained to hunt monsters after losing their mother when they were young. This slowly escalates into something far bigger than themselves.
But what can we take away from such a dark fantasy world?
It’s easy to pass Supernatural off as a crazy world that has nothing to do with modern, real life. But the truth is, Supernatural has a lot to teach about good and evil, life and death, and everything in between. These Supernatural quotes are the best of them, showing the stark contrast this show has between humor and darkness.
Also read these American Horror Story quotes that will certainly terrify you.
Supernatural Quotes About Real Life
1. “Everybody judges, all the time. Now, you got a problem with that, you’re living wrong.” – Supernatural
2. “Don’t get me wrong, I never liked you, you’re sort of prissy, but in this moment, when you stood toe-to-toe with me and won, I gotta say you had balls, kid.” – Supernatural
3. “What are you looking at? Still learning about the world?” – Supernatural
4. “A wise man once told me, ‘family don’t end in blood.’ But it doesn’t start there either. Family cares about you, not what you can do for them. Family’s there; for the good, bad, all of it. They got your back, even when it hurts. That’s family.” – Supernatural
5. “The universe is trying to tell us something we both should already know. We’re stronger together than apart.” – Supernatural
6. “I sat in this hole for thousands of years, thinking of nothing but redemption, of reclaiming my good name. I thought of nobody, no cause other than my own.” – Supernatural
7. “You never get tired of the rat race? Never get the urge to just… bugger off and howl at the moon? Never ask yourself, ‘is this it? Is this all there is?’ I kicked human blood, you know.” – Supernatural
8. “You roll with a guy so many years, you start to think he’s always gonna be next to you. Like when you’re old and you’re drinking on the porch, he’ll be in that other rocking chair. And then something happens and you realize the other chair has gone empty.” – Supernatural
9. “You see a light at the end of this ugly-ass tunnel. I don’t.” – Supernatural
10. “I hate these indie films. Nothing ever happens.” – Supernatural
11. “You’re either laughing because you’re scared or you’re laughing because you’re stupid.” – Supernatural
Funny Supernatural Quotes
12. “If anybody is going to sit on Ryan Gosling’s face it’s going to be me.” – Supernatural
13. “OK, look. I want a big funeral. All right? I’m talking epic. OK? Open bar, choir, Sabbath cover band, and Gary Busey reading the eulogy.” – Supernatural
14. “I so miss being an atheist.” – Supernatural
15. “‘Goodnight, jerk.’ ‘Night, b*tch.’” – Supernatural
16. “Well dear, if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of hell.” – Supernatural
17. “It’s not like anyone gave me a handbook on how to be a werewolf.” – Supernatural
18. “What’s in that bottle? Delusion?” – Supernatural
19. “Hey. You know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people. And douchebags.” – Supernatural
20. “Always knew I’d find the source of all evil at a vegan bakery.” – Supernatural
21. “‘So you’re sayin’ we’re both a bouple of dumbasses?’ ‘I prefer the word trusting. Less dumb. Less ass.’” – Supernatural
22. “I know it’s hard to believe, but I haven’t always been this cute and cuddly.” – Supernatural
23. “So who snatched Heaven’s most adorable angel?” – Supernatural
24. “Mom! You’ve got to stop drowning me in holy water every time I go out!” – Supernatural
25. “Damn straight I wanted to shoot some zombies!” – Supernatural
26. “Maybe you should try Plan ‘D’ for ‘dumbass.’” – Supernatural
27. “Wow, you get a trophy in Stockholm Syndrome.” – Supernatural
28. “Leave you name, number, and nightmare at the tone.” – Supernatural
29. “If you can’t score at a reproductive rights function, then you simply cannot score.” – Supernatural
You might also like these beautiful Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss
Supernatural Quotes About Good and Evil
30. “Once, there was only dark. If you ask me, the light’s winning.” – Supernatural
31. “There is not much difference between madness and devotion.” – Supernatural
32. “You know this world, this sad, doomed little world, it needs you. It needs every last it can get, and I won’t let you die, I won’t let any of you die.” – Supernatural
33. “I appreciate the talk, coach, but honestly all I can think about is slicing open your wrists and drinking you like a fountain. I guess that makes me a monster, don’t it?” – Supernatural
34. “‘You’re a good man. My mother told me that.’ ‘I seriously doubt she said that. And if you knew me you would seriously doubt it’s true.” – Supernatural
35. “And let me just tell you, being good is really annoying. Normally at a place like this, I’d be pounding Harvey Wallbangers and check out the bartender’s ass. Now all I wanna do is sip club sodas and send her to college.” – Supernatural
36. “Game of Thrones is complicated. Shower sex… that’s complicated. Hell ain’t complicated. Your problem ain’t hell. It’s you.” – Supernatural
37. “‘I’m not a demon anymore.’ ‘Were you a demon when you murdered my father?’ ‘No.’ ‘Then you’re still a monster.’” – Supernatural
38. “Killing things that need killing is kind of our job. Last I checked, taking pleasure in that is not a crime.” – Supernatural
39. “I am the daringest devil you’ve ever met, love.” – Supernatural
40. “If you’re going to make an omelet, sometimes you have to break some spines.” – Supernatural
41. “Every soul here is a monster. This is where they come to prey upon each other for all eternity.” – Supernatural
Supernatural Quotes About Death
42. “The old Death thought it was funny. But now there’s one hard, fast rule in this Universe: what lives, dies. So the next time you or your brother bite it, well you’re not going to Heaven or Hell. One of us—and, Lord, I hope it’s me—we’re gonna make a mistake and toss you out into the Empty. And nothing comes back from that.” – Supernatural
43. “I’m ready to die. And I’m ready to watch people I love die. But I’m not ready to be your b*tch.” – Supernatural
44. “Have you never mused upon the fact that you are living my life in reverse? My story began when I killed my brother, and that’s where your story will inevitably end.” – Supernatural
45. “‘You’re dead.’ ‘Nope, just using a dead man’s phone.’” – Supernatural
46. “Your liver. It’s… it’s no good. Dear boy, you’re all duct tape and safety pins inside. How are you alive?” – Supernatural
47. “Oh, you’d like that, wouldn’t you? That’s what that whole speech was about? You’re not afraid to die, are you? You’re afraid to be left in these chains forever. Well you can sit here and rot, you son of a b*tch.” – Supernatural
48. “If you murder a monster in monster heaven, where does it go?” – Supernatural
49. “You’re a doctor. You’re a medical professional. You’re trying to tell me that my brother’s life is in God’s hands? What, is that supposed to be a comfort? God has nothing to do with this equation at all.” – Supernatural
50. “I don’t usually endorse suicide, but man, what stopped you?” – Supernatural
51. “Wait a second, do dogs even have ghosts?” – Supernatural
Don’t forget to also read our list The Hunger Games quotes you can’t help but remember.
Which of these Supernatural quotes is your favorite?
The Supernatural quotes above truly display the essence of good and evil explored in the long running TV show. Supernatural is a show that captures the dark truths of life and death, love, light and darkness. Through a story of brotherly love, the show takes place in a world of true evils and true goods.
What is the truth about good and evil as uncovered in Supernatural? Good and evil are grey terms—even the worst monsters think they’re doing good, and even the heroes still kill. The world is more complicated—more dark—than you think.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Supernatural quotes and lines? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
February 20, 2020 7:42 AM EST