Supernatural Quotes About Light and Darkness
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
From one of the longest running shows in pop culture, these Supernatural quotes highlight every side of the 14-season show, exploring each character’s arc as they navigate this strange fantasy world.
Supernatural follows the story of two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, who were trained to hunt monsters after losing their mother when they were young.
This slowly escalates into something far bigger than themselves.
But what can we take away from such a dark fantasy world?
It’s easy to pass Supernatural off as a crazy world that has nothing to do with modern, real life.
But the truth is, Supernatural has a lot to teach about good and evil, life and death, and everything in between.
These Supernatural quotes are the best of them, showing the stark contrast this show has between humor and darkness.
Also read these American Horror Story quotes that will certainly terrify you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Supernatural Quotes About Real Life
1. “Everybody judges, all the time. Now, you got a problem with that, you’re living wrong.” – Supernatural
You will also enjoy our article on light quotes.
2. “Don’t get me wrong, I never liked you, you’re sort of prissy, but in this moment, when you stood toe-to-toe with me and won, I gotta say you had balls, kid.” – Supernatural
You will also enjoy our article on shadow quotes.
3. “What are you looking at? Still learning about the world?” – Supernatural
You will also enjoy our article on dark quotes.
4. “A wise man once told me, ‘family don’t end in blood.’ But it doesn’t start there either. Family cares about you, not what you can do for them. Family’s there; for the good, bad, all of it. They got your back, even when it hurts. That’s family.” – Supernatural
5. “The universe is trying to tell us something we both should already know. We’re stronger together than apart.” – Supernatural
6. “I sat in this hole for thousands of years, thinking of nothing but redemption, of reclaiming my good name. I thought of nobody, no cause other than my own.” – Supernatural
7. “You never get tired of the rat race? Never get the urge to just… bugger off and howl at the moon? Never ask yourself, ‘is this it? Is this all there is?’ I kicked human blood, you know.” – Supernatural
8. “You roll with a guy so many years, you start to think he’s always gonna be next to you. Like when you’re old and you’re drinking on the porch, he’ll be in that other rocking chair. And then something happens and you realize the other chair has gone empty.” – Supernatural
9. “You see a light at the end of this ugly-ass tunnel. I don’t.” – Supernatural
10. “I hate these indie films. Nothing ever happens.” – Supernatural
11. “You’re either laughing because you’re scared or you’re laughing because you’re stupid.” – Supernatural
You might also like these Manifest quotes for those unexplainable moments in life.
Funny Supernatural Quotes
12. “If anybody is going to sit on Ryan Gosling’s face it’s going to be me.” – Supernatural
13. “OK, look. I want a big funeral. All right? I’m talking epic. OK? Open bar, choir, Sabbath cover band, and Gary Busey reading the eulogy.” – Supernatural
14. “I so miss being an atheist.” – Supernatural
15. “‘Goodnight, jerk.’ ‘Night, b*tch.’” – Supernatural
16. “Well dear, if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of hell.” – Supernatural
17. “It’s not like anyone gave me a handbook on how to be a werewolf.” – Supernatural
18. “What’s in that bottle? Delusion?” – Supernatural
19. “Hey. You know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people. And douchebags.” – Supernatural
20. “Always knew I’d find the source of all evil at a vegan bakery.” – Supernatural
21. “‘So you’re sayin’ we’re both a bouple of dumbasses?’ ‘I prefer the word trusting. Less dumb. Less ass.’” – Supernatural
22. “I know it’s hard to believe, but I haven’t always been this cute and cuddly.” – Supernatural
23. “So who snatched Heaven’s most adorable angel?” – Supernatural
24. “Mom! You’ve got to stop drowning me in holy water every time I go out!” – Supernatural
25. “Damn straight I wanted to shoot some zombies!” – Supernatural
Don’t forget to also read our list The Hunger Games quotes you can’t help but remember.
Which of these Supernatural quotes is your favorite?
The Supernatural quotes above truly display the essence of good and evil explored in the long running TV show.
Supernatural is a show that captures the dark truths of life and death, love, light and darkness.
Through a story of brotherly love, the show takes place in a world of true evils and true goods.
What is the truth about good and evil as uncovered in Supernatural?
Good and evil are grey terms—even the worst monsters think they’re doing good, and even the heroes still kill.
The world is more complicated—more dark—than you think.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Supernatural quotes and lines?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.