Why go through life struggling on your own when you can learn from these wisdom quotes and wise sayings from others?
Life isn’t always easy. Creating the life thatyou desire takes a lot of work and it’s easy to think you have to figure it outon your own. However, there are lots of wise people that have gone before youor have more experience that are willing to share their life advice.
As you read through the following wise quotes see which ones you can learn from and apply to your own life. See where you can save yourself a little time and hurt by taking advice from others.
To gain even more wisdom, don’t forget to also read our collection Sadhguru quotes for an enlightening perspective on the world around you.
Wisdom quotes on the power ofyour thoughts
1. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent
2. “Very little is needed to make a happy life, it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
3. “Life is from the inside out. When you shift on the inside, life shifts on the outside.” – Kamal Ravikant
4. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
5. “Life can be simple and beautiful. Focus on the good things.” – Maxime Lagacé
6. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
7. “Your mind is your greatest power. Use it well.” – Aneta Cruz
8. “She knew the power of her mind and so programmed it for success.” – Carrie Green
9. “Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.” – Earl Nightingale
10. “Your mind is precious. It has the power to unlock infinite possibilities.” – Joel Annesley
11. “It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.” – Leon Brown
Wisdomquotes on enjoying life
12. “Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde
13. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
14. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
15. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
16. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching.” – William Purkey
17. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
18. “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things.” – Kenneth Branagh
19. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
You might also like these wise Native American quotes on community, respect, and more.
Wisdomquotes on doing the impossible
20. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
21. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
22. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
23. “The journey of a thousand miles beings with one step.” – Lao Tzu
24. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” – Pablo Picasso
25. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
26. “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” – Lou Holtz
27. “There’s nothing impossible if you get up and work for it.” – Michael Flatley
28. “Sincere practice makes the impossible possible.” – Dada Vaswani
29. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
30. “Aviation is proof that given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” – Eddie Rickenbacker
31. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love these deep quotes that will change how you see the world.
Wisdomquotes on being yourself and confidence
32. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
33. “No one can compete with you on being you. Most of life is a search for who and what needs you the most.” – Naval Ravikant
34. “We are who we choose to be.” – Green Goblin
35. “Sing the song that only you can sing, write the book that only you can write, build the product that only you can build… live the life that only you can live.” – Naval Ravikant
36. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
37. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
38. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before.” – Albert Einstein
39. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.” – John Grisham
41. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
42. “Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
43. “Don’t ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these new month quotes that inspire new beginnings.
Wisdomquotes on taking action
44. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
45. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
47. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result but the cause of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.” – Norman Vincent Peale
48. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” – Jules Renard
49. “Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex.” – Norman Vincent Peale
50. “Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster.” – Theodore Roosevelt
More wisdom quotes and sayings
51. “May you live every day of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
52. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” – Paulo Coelho
53. “Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
54. “You do not write your life with words…You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.” – Patrick Ness
55. “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
56. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
57. “Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
58. “Wisdom is having things right in your life and knowing why.” – William Stafford
59. “Before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.” – Harper Lee
60. “Look for the good in every person and every situation. You’ll almost always
find it.” – Brian Tracy
Which of these wisdom quotes will you apply to your life?
Spend a few minutes allowing these wise words to sink in. Whether you were just looking for a little motivation or you have been struggling in an area of your life, you can learn from these wisdom quotes. Creating a better life is in your control and the words of wisdom offered here can help you to live life in a better way.
You can overcome fear, be confident, and enjoy the person that you are. Life was meant to be enjoyed. Don’t allow your fear or doubts to hold you back. By controlling your thoughts and taking action, you can live a better life.
Which of these wisdom quotes inspired you to create a better life? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 10, 2021 6:00 AM EST