Looking for Og Mandino quotes to motivate you in life or work?
Below are some of his most powerful words to help inspire the best in you today.
Augustine “Og” Mandino II is the author of the bestselling book, “The Greatest Salesman in the World”.
Known for his wisdom on love, life, and work, he believed that each person is a miracle.
Thus, we should live our lives with confidence and chart our own course through life.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Og Mandino Quotes on Life
1. Do all things with love. – Og Mandino
2. “Realize that true happiness lies within you.” – Og Mandino
3. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
4. “Let others build a cave with their clay. I will build a castle with mine.” – Og Mandino
5. “Men don’t fail; they give up trying.”― Og Mandino
6. “Only a habit can subdue another habit.”― Og Mandino
7. “No one else can live your life for you. No one else can succeed for you!”
― Og Mandino
8. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.”― Og Mandino
9. “He who worries about calamities suffers them twice over.” – Og Mandino
10. “The secret of success is to triple your rate of failure.” – Og Mandino
Og Mandino Quotes on Love
11. “I will greet this day with love in my heart. For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Muscles can split a shield and even destroy life itself but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of man. And until I master this act I will remain no more than a peddler in the marketplace. I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend upon its force… my love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day.” – Og Mandino
12. “Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces.” – Og Mandino
14. “Always reward your long hours of labor and toil in the very best way, surrounded by your family. Nurture their love carefully, remembering that your children need models, not critics, and your own progress will hasten when you constantly strive to present your best side to your children. And even if you have failed at all else in the eyes of the world, if you have a loving family, you are a success.” – Og Mandino
15. “Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.” – Og Mandino
16. “There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Og Mandino
17. “You will achieve grand dream, a day at a time, so set goals for each day — not long and difficult projects, but chores that will take you, step by step, toward your rainbow. Write them down, if you must, but limit your list so that you won’t have to drag today’s undone matters into tomorrow. Remember that you cannot build your pyramid in twenty-four hours. Be patient. Never allow your day to become so cluttered that you neglect your most important goal — to do the best you can, enjoy this day, and rest satisfied with what you have accomplished.” – Og Mandino
19. “The weakest living creature, by concentrating his powers on a single object, can accomplish good results while the strongest, by dispersing his effort over many chores, may fail to accomplish anything. Drops of water, by continually falling, hone their passage through the hardest of rocks but the hasty torrent rushes over it with hideous uproar and leaves no trace behind.” – Og Mandino
20. “Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” – Og Mandino
21. “Build this day on a foundation of pleasant thoughts. Never fret at any imperfections that you fear may impede your progress. Remind yourself, as often as necessary, that you are a creature of God and have the power to achieve any dream by lifting up your thoughts. You can fly when you decide that you can. Never consider yourself defeated again. Let the vision in your heart be in your life’s blueprint. Smile!” – Og Mandino
22. “Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished.” – Og Mandino
Og Mandino Quotes About Work
23. “Today, and every day, deliver more than you are getting paid to do. The victory of success will be half won when you learn the secret of putting out more than is expected in all that you do. Make yourself so valuable in your work that eventually you will become indispensable. Exercise your privilege to go the extra mile, and enjoy all the rewards you receive. You deserve them!” – Og Mandino
25. “Every memorable act in the history of the world is a triumph of enthusiasm. Nothing great was ever achieved without it because it gives any challenge or any occupation, no mater how frightening or difficult, a new meaning. Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity but with it you can accomplish miracles.” – Og Mandino
Which of these Og Mandino quotes is your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational Og Mandino quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST